Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

4 spots to fill .. and $? available

Shoe1

Not quite true,

Cleary, Fisher-Harris, Edwards, Nadan, Luai, May, CHN and Robert Jennings are all graduates of that side. None of them were rookies, all established first graders

That said Anderson was not part of that 2015 team, our graduates were Turbo, Ramien, Garner and Knight
That’s what I meant, Anderson is younger, probably nyc in 2018 or 17, so be patient.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
1. Saab
2. Garner
3. Aloiai
4. Foran
5. Davey

Will be our signings for this season
No superstars in that lot but we have a few of them already and we aren’t the Rorters are we!!

But , apart from the obvious 9 issue , those signings would fill the gaps we have pretty well.

Who knows it might even be announced #NextWeek

The better Robbo

No superstars in that lot but we have a few of them already and we aren’t the Rorters are we!!

But , apart from the obvious 9 issue , those signings would fill the gaps we have pretty well.

Who knows it might even be announced #NextWeek
Yeah a #9 would complete the squad... unless Fainu is miraculously allowed to play.

double hoops

They must know something... surely or why extend?
Could have been more about keeping the Bulldogs from Signing Fainu for 22 at bay, given they were sniffing around.

MAN wouldn't be keen to see him go, and will know in 21 one way or the other.

Shane4500

Could have been more about keeping the Bulldogs from Signing Fainu for 22 at bay, given they were sniffing around.

MAN wouldn't be keen to see him go, and will know in 21 one way or the other.
just a strange strange decision if the case doesn't get thrown out!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
I've got film from a trip to China from 1983 that hasn't been developed for as long as Anderson is taking. Definitely needs an encouraging boost to the derriere
Look I’ll admit I know **** all BUT to me aren’t development contracts given to primarily younger players who are trying to break in to the top grade.

They get about $60k a year ( not huge but possibly similar to an everyday job out there ) and the carrot is they get moved into the 30 thus moving to I think about $110k a year as a minimum.

I didn’t think development contracts were meant for what are largely reserve graders who I believe aren’t full time footy players.

Surely after about 4 maybe 5 years on this it’s either time for him to get a normal job or step up to the plate.

double hoops

He's related to the Manly GOAT.

His father was a Chris LYONS.

He's not that different a player to Cliffy circa 1987 small whippet with lightning speed. Vision and subtlety with hand and foot at fullback. Last time I seen Jade play I formed the view he should never play wing, it's fullback may be five eight if the defence improves or nothing.

I though club might cut him loose, given he didn't get a run at fullback during backend last year.

Club must think the potential is there. They have spent longer developing him than anyone else I can think of.

Smokin Joe

I don't think the club can do anything about it this year,he is contracted from last year through 2021.Doubt anyone would be prepared to pick up his contract and I think the only possible out is if we signed another guy on a minimum wage development contract(he would be on the 62K minimum I guess)We could then get away with not nominating him as part of the 36 man squad.
This would possibly mean we are paying a guy 62K for the year but it doesnt count against the cap (dead money)and he would be playing for Blacktown and not be available to play NRL at all,maybe it would count against our operations budget?
Another out would be if Blacktown were in a position and willing to pay him the contracted amount for the 2021 season?Don't know if it would require his agreement...
Guy is 180cm and 83kgs,he is not playing anywhere but fullback,looks like he has put a couple of kgs on from photos but unless he is going to seriously bulk up like Addo-Carr did I doubt he will play top level,maybe as an impact player off the bench,but doubt he is physically able to handle defense at top level.
Frustrating as has a serious skill set,but has had quite a few years to show some commitment to building himself up physically to play NRL.Could play 5/8 as he has played there in juniors but would be a turnstile in defense.Hope he has hit the weights hard in offseason or his time might be up after this year.

Mataiforerver

They must know something... surely or why extend?
someone explained it pretty well in the fainu thread

it's a win win for manly. He's currently exempt from our cap as long as he's under stand down policy (not sure the exact timeline hes exempt, and im pretty sure this is the case).

If he gets convicted, the contract is torn up and there isnt really any loss. We may also still get his brother Sione long term considering wha tthe clubs done for his family

If he gets off, we've signed him for long term on a below market contract, and also have first priority to his brothers (notably Sione) who are also supposed to be guns...

Two birds one stone, below market gun hooker (Nase), and long term investment in Sione (hopefully he gets a crack this year)

Shane4500

someone explained it pretty well in the fainu thread

it's a win win for manly. He's currently exempt from our cap as long as he's under stand down policy (not sure the exact timeline hes exempt, and im pretty sure this is the case).

If he gets convicted, the contract is torn up and there isnt really any loss. We may also still get his brother Sione long term considering wha tthe clubs done for his family

If he gets off, we've signed him for long term on a below market contract, and also have first priority to his brothers (notably Sione) who are also supposed to be guns...

Two birds one stone, below market gun hooker (Nase), and long term investment in Sione (hopefully he gets a crack this year)
Thank you - great points. Makes perfect sense... if Cust does a great job at 9

Members online

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23