4 Free to air live matches from 2018 and changes to Draw and SOO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only 3 things I disliked about my time in Brisvegas
1. Origin
2. The paper coverage of the Bongoa
3. The floods

Other than that it was a nice enough town

Yes I forgot you were here during the 2011 floods.

I'd echo your sentiments , if you weren't into footy it's one if the best places in Oz to live.

During Origin anywhere in QLD is crap, and the total domination of the media up here by the Donkeys makes me puke.

It's totally unfair to each and every other side, they drip in $$$ and it's growing at an alarming rate.

Yes I forgot you were here during the 2011 floods.

I'd echo your sentiments , if you weren't into footy it's one if the best places in Oz to live.

During Origin anywhere in QLD is crap, and the total domination of the media up here by the Donkeys makes me puke.

It's totally unfair to each and every other side, they drip in $$$ and it's growing at an alarming rate.

It seems like a life time ago (especially as i am in Indonesia this week!). They really need a second team up there....

It's brilliant for those without pay television, Saturday free to air league will be great. It will be interesting to see how it affects Foxtel considering half the round will be available to watch for free.
I don't think they will lose any, it's still only one more game than we get now, and Foxtel now get to show all games live, so that means HD for all games for those of us with Foxtel. Plus I don't not want to miss out on watching any Manly game as would be the case for most fans, so I need Foxtel to be able to do that unless I go the streaming option.

I don't think they will lose any, it's still only one more game than we get now, and Foxtel now get to show all games live, so that means HD for all games for those of us with Foxtel. Plus I don't not want to miss out on watching any Manly game as would be the case for most fans, so I need Foxtel to be able to do that unless I go the streaming option.

Assuming Foxtel stump up a billion to show every game live.

They might be happy just to show two games Saturday and one Sunday and pay $400 million!!

I'm all for more FTA games (and for getting rid of Monday nights). I'm just weary with Nein still being the broadcaster that the more things change, the more they will stay the same.

Nein unfortunately has gained a reputation for having contempt for its viewers, especially when it comes to their rugby league coverage. While the NRL supposedly will have the say with the draw in this new deal......it still remains to be seen just how much influence Nein has over that. I can still see the higher rating teams (Brisbane, Rorters, Souffs) being the ones who play the majority of their games on FTA.

2015 is a perfect example of how Nein favours certain teams simply because it means they get higher ratings. Brisbane play 17 of their 24 games on Nein....15 of them on Friday nights (and 10 of them are at Suncorp). At the other end of the scale Canberra play 2 of their 24 on Nein, one Friday (home) and one Sunday (away).

Last edited:
I'm all for more FTA games (and for getting rid of Monday nights). I'm just weary with Nein still being the broadcaster that the more things change, the more they will stay the same.

Nein unfortunately has gained a reputation for having contempt for its viewers, especially when it comes to their rugby league coverage. While the NRL supposedly will have the say with the draw in this new deal......it still remains to be seen just how much influence Nein has over that. I can still see the higher rating teams (Brisbane, Rorters, Souffs) being the ones who play the majority of their games on FTA.

2015 is a perfect example of how Nein favours certain teams simply because it means they get higher ratings. Brisbane play 17 of their 24 games on Nein....15 of them on Friday nights (and 10 of them are at Suncorp). At the other end of the scale Canberra play 2 of their 24 on Nein, one Friday and one Sunday.

And that won't change!!

Despite what Mr Smith suggests.

If I was stumping $924 million I'd want to pick what games were going to rate the highest to.

Don't worry, Nein will have first dibs unless Fox chucks in a Billion.

I somehow dont think they will, so who gets first pick......Nein!!

Every game live and in HD on Fxt....

Would be lovely BUT is Foxtel going to pay a Billion dollars for that ??

I reckon Fox might do what it does now, replay the Nein games , pay 400 million and do the other 3 games.

Besides by 2020 everyone will be streaming games anyway

Last edited:
Few more details about the deal.

* the premiership would be reduced from 26 weeks to 25 weeks through a reduction in byes and split rounds;

* the deal would be discounted by $25 million per year if Fox Sports took up an offer to simulcast the four free-to-air matches.

Nine is keen on the bunker because less stoppages gives them more control over scheduling prior and post game.

Seems also the NRL wants to get rid on Monday games but sounds of it fox is reluctant

"With Monday Night Football to be phased out when the current deal ends in 2017, the NRL would consider any approach by Fox Sports to move the match to another time slot earlier but has a contractual obligation to continue scheduling matches on Monday nights if the pay-TV broadcaster wants to continue.

A Fox Sports spokesperson said the network would not comment on scheduling or rights issues while negotiations for a new deal were continuing with the NRL but ratings have been strong for MNF and the game leads in to the Matty Johns Show, which is the network's highest rating sports magazine show."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ree-bunker-20150811-giwpas.html#ixzz3iYCb0tSg

Last edited:
Which will mean the following,

Thu night -Nein
Fri night-Nein
Sat arvo-Fox
Sat night-Nein
Sun early arvo -Fox
Sun arvo-Fox
Sun late arvo-Nein
Mon night-Fox

Don't know why they don't just play 7 nights a week, and screw the fans....Lol

Members online