30 years today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought you were going to say since the Kiwis were actually able to beat Australia.

I've moved on from the underarm incident, I suggest you do too.

That was an absolute disgrace.... i was disgusted.

I mean Mckechnie (sp) didnt even try to hit it, 6 to go and he blocks the last ball, wasn't he trying to win the game.

It was a perfectly legal delivery, what was the problem :)

In all seriousness it was a pretty ordinary effort by Chappell, but as C & C says we should move on. NZ has done some pretty ordinary things to Australian sport since then, Russell Crowe anyone :)

It was a pretty soft thing to do.

Best thing was Richie Benaud's rant afterwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvGHC7REkdM

Every Australian is disgusted by that event. However I've since learnt that the Chappells' maternal grandmother was a Kiwi (born in Timaru), so that explains the whole sordid episode.

I would love to see Chappells name removed from the history books,much like a melbourne premiership after that low act,as an aussie and a bowler the old adage of "on the toes or on the nose" could have been a much better look and brought about victory anyway,he left our team with a black eye which i dont think it will ever truly recover from,that anti aussie commentator living in australia will not ever let anyone forget that and i say with good reason,within the rules at the time or not,winning does not mean that much

Who cares, it was only against the Sheep Shaggers.

I thought this thread was going to be about the last time Shane had a root.

kiwi  just made this thread because he knows how much it pissed me off when it happend.. but i have had me rant on it..  never see the west indies doing that no matter how much they are on the slide..

I think it was during the 2nd 20/20 match when we needed 6 to win off the last ball. I shouted a bit drunk in a pub in Newtown. BOWL UNDERARM. BOWL UNDERARM.

Tractorboy,nothing but despiration to win a game of ODI,Australia still has what it takes to win ODI and England has been nothing short of a pathetic joke in this series,5-1 seriously? You drop Alistair Cooke from ODI? What drugs are your selectors on? Keep the kid in touch

do i really have to teach you why Cook isnt suitable for ODI as well?

think strike rates and playing down the ground and you will be halfway there.

I'm with Shane. Cook's a class act and would be able to adapt to ODI's. Especially the form he's in.

Trott appeared to be a plodder in the tests, but he's scoring at a reasonable clip, and I rate Cook over him as a batsman.

Bell should open if they aren't going to pick Cook.

Agreed on Bell, Cook could too easily be shut down in tests, doesnt score straight so is easy to restrict.

In tests he can sit on it and occupy the crease, which is perfect and thats why he scored a milion, if he starts to pull out drives its a different story.

We have been rubbish in the odi's no doubt. Easy to say but its certainly not a case of the Aussies being good just us being bad. All 6 games even the game we won we were poor, as were the Aussies, just England were poorer. We could be 6-0 up to the honest.

And on a ligher side to be fair how can we win at the moment in one day cricket. On one hand we have the 20/20 world cup( remind me everyone who did we beat in the final) and in the other we have the Ashes( against who again) :D :D :D
The treble starts in a couple of weeks time.

And Drop Prior and bring Davies back in and I'd like Cook in there. Need someone that can hang around, he'd get enough runs at a good enough rate. 50 overs is a long time.

Yes you beat us in the 20/20 world cup final but that's a good thing. If you beat India, it'd mean we didn't even make the final.

We'll win the ashes next time, you guys were lucky to catch us when you did. Between form slumps & rebuilding, we would've struggled against the Kiwis this summer. Once Pup, Punter & Bollinger are back in form & Smith is settled in as a leggy rather than a batsman, you'll get what's coming.

And Kiwi, why do you guys always have to bring that incdent up at regular intervals? Most of us are too young to remember it, if Kiwis let us forget it.

I was just throwing a line out Duff haha

tbh the only times I hear it talked about are when Aussies bring it up

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4