3-2-1 Eagles v Panthers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TokyoEagle

Bencher
A few candidates to choose from tonight.

3- Hoppa great display at the back with the high ball, popped up everywhere on the ground, and set up a try with a ball that any 5/8 would be proud of.
2- Foran Line running and ball playing at speed was awesome, set up and had the backline running some great plays, was the reason our defence was almost impenetrable on that right side.
1- Stewart Tackled like a machine and still had the energy to pop and and create chances with the ball in hand.

Honourables- it was hard to not give some points to a bloke who scored 2 trys and gave a sitter to his mate outside him, how good was that?
All The Forwards, defence in the 1st 20 was awesome and we built off that ( the reason they did not figure in the points was there was no stand out, they did all their work as a unit).
DCE played and kicked well, am sure he will correct hi problem with the 40/20s and it will be an attacking prong for us in the future. How good wis his dummy near the start.
Joe was looking very solid for some points at the start of the game with his defence, he couldn't get back in the game the boys were doing that well.

Best all round game this year from us IMO.

TokyoEagle said:
A few candidates to choose from tonight.

3- Hoppa great display at the back with the high ball, popped up everywhere on the ground, and set up a try with a ball that any 5/8 would be proud of.
2- Foran Line running and ball playing at speed was awesome, set up and had the backline running some great plays, was the reason our defence was almost impenetrable on that right side.
1- Stewart Tackled like a machine and still had the energy to pop and and create chances with the ball in hand.

Have to agree wuth your 3-2-1

T-Rex could learn a lot off Hoppa.......... Like when you get the ball from a kick, run at full pace not jog and surender to to 1st tackler

3) Matai - has been very strong since his return, more discliplined and hasn't been down with injuries!
2) Hoppa
1) Foran

Special mention - Stewart/Choc/Kite

The side's really clicking this year and 'the young ones' are playing a large part in our success.

Glenn Stewart - Tackling monster as always, and saving a try is as good as scoring one any day, and his absolute desperation to knock the ball away in the in-goal to prevent a Panthers try is the kind of unheralded effort that typifies the never-say-die Manly spirit.

2. William Hopoate - I'm sure i'm like every other Eagles supporter on this forum, that'd pass on his/hers youngster's piggy bank (forgive me lord!!) to keep him in Manly colours. What a gun he already is, and is destined for greatness for years to come!

3. Steve 'Snoop Dog' Matai - Great to have the assassin back in the ranks isn't it?? His attack has really come on in previous years and now he can sniff out a try as good as anyone. His presence on this Manly side cannot be underestimated, keep on the good side of the ref's and he'll continue to be a huge weapon for the Mighty Eagles in 2011!

3 = Stewart = Outstanding
2 = Hoppa = Brilliant
1 = Matai = Sensational

The rest of the team = Bloody Fantastic

Hardest week to pick this. I just loved the efforts of King and Kite. Foran controls the play in attack and points just come off him. Matai is inspirational and Hoppa is just too good for an 18 yo. Glenn's work rate and Choc's were huge.

1. Foran
2. Matai
3. King/Hoppa

3 Hoppa
2 Foran
1 Gulavou

Some of Hoppa's playmaking was outstanding, we have so many talents in the team with Stewart and Lyon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6