2SM Talkin Sport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
Normally I don't listen to this show because there is always an anti Manly and pro Bulldogs flavour about it.
But this week takes the cake, I tried to listen to it, but hearing all those inbred listeners whose views regarding the events of the last week are so twisted by their hatred of Manly, that it has put me off listening to it for life.

I like how people are now saying the Manly players were kicking Blair whilst he was on the ground

On one of the angles I thought I saw Robbo pull a flick knife out of his sock...............it's just not on.

The anti Manly part of the show is only from the callers, not from Graham Hughes. He might be biased towards his doggies, which is is understandable, but he has been as fair as anyone in his opinions on firstly the Brett Stewart saga and now the events of last Friday night.

I'm listening to 2SM (As I try to if I'm home office based) and I generally found them to be pretty fair towards Manly.
Graham Hughes asked David Gallop the same questions that a lot of Manly fans would have asked regarding Brett's treatment from the NRL and (I think) been accurate and impartial regrding events on Friday - especially when callers have tried to "beat up" the story or push the "Anti- Manly" agenda

yep Hughesy gives us a fair go, he is not a Gallop fan which you also have to respect him for. He was pretty tight with Lowey from their NZ commentary days, so that's where part of the Manly love comes from.

Tunks is a waste of space, packed into too many scrums.

Bradza said:
On one of the angles I thought I saw Robbo pull a flick knife out of his sock...............it's just not on.

I'm positive we used nunchucks and knuckle dusters. In fact I'm sure I saw Gift in hell in a cell on Raw.

i've been listening (as i mostly do) to talkin sport since the game and i tell you what, i was THAT close to firing off an email to them the other with tunk's STUPID carrying on bout glenn. he is bias against us BIG TIME beyond common sense. i now try not to listen to it in the arvo on the way home when he's on. i agree with graeme hugheson this and the brett matter, as least he gives a somewhat CONSIDERED opinion. tunks, he just carries on like a bloody know-it-all. he ALWAYS talks over the callers when he doesnt agree with their opinion. i'm sick of him. we all should send an email to the head of the station to voice our disapproval (fat lot of good that will do) lol

as for the nuffeys ringing with a personal agendas in this matter......:rolleyes:

Canteen Worker said:
On the 'not a Gallop fan', has any met someone who is? Universally hated it seems.

All Gallop's fans seem to be at News Limited. Anyone reading their stories this week would think he was Mother Theresa.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

How funny was the caller Robby 'they are pushing Mobiles into the ground at Rookwood (a cemetery) to get more Manly Bashers on line :)

Hughes was always anti manly until Lowey became CEO, but since then he has been excellent and all of them including tunksy supported snake through his trials and feel he was unfairly treated by gallop. Tunksy used to give me the ****s, however his role on the show is to be an idiot and a smartarse so just ignore him.

I can live with blatant bias, because it's noticeble. I have more problems with the sly comments, Sterlo for example never misses an opportunity to put the boot in. He jumps on board the good things but you know he's still filthy about Jamie Lyon leaving the Eels.

superleaguehater said:
i was THAT close to firing off an email to them the other with tunk's STUPID carrying on bout glenn. he is bias against us BIG TIME beyond common sense...

we all should send an email to the head of the station to voice our disapproval

Yea, I occasionally listen to talkin' sport a bit on the way home from work.

Hughes is a knowledgable & pretty fair guy.
But Tunks, this week, has lost almost all credibility in my eyes, forever.

I too was mulling over wording an email have a go at him, and send similar to Continuous Call Team, Big Sports Breakfast & ABC Grandstand Sport.

Talkin' Sport, sadly, is rife with bloody ads and those stupid songs they play when coming back from a break/news etc. that's usually a crap song and they play way too much of it.

Just caught the end of a conversation on this show, they were saying something about Steve Menzies talking to ASADA ,as if he's some whistle blower, WTF?

Peter C said:
Just caught the end of a conversation on this show, they were saying something about Steve Menzies talking to ASADA ,as if he's some whistle blower, WTF?

Steve Menzies ‏@SteveMenzies11
Just want to let u all know that Ive had no contact with ASADA at all.I know Manly are cooperating with ASADA & r doing all they can to help

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8