2nd Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Well its starting in a few hours

How do people think this one will pan out?

Personally i think the poms will give a better showing and if they win the toss will make us work for it - we will win though

I agree that it will be a better contest, but unless McGrath is ruled out I can't see anything but a comfortable victory.

England would love to bat first on the Adelaide wicket, but even then I can't see the pitch deteriorating enough by day five to make Australia's chase impossible.

I think with Clark in the side bowling well should cover the loss of Mcgrath. Although I think he is playing. Just hope that last ashes dont repeat itself , and we lose him for the whole game.

Aussie should win , big score from Punter again.

Poms win the toss and bat

Aussies bowling ok, nothing in the pitch at all

Strauss out to a poor shot - Clark gets another, 29 wickets @ 16.89 so far

I agree that it will be a better contest, but unless McGrath is ruled out I can't see anything but a comfortable victory.

England would love to bat first on the Adelaide wicket, but even then I can't see the pitch deteriorating enough by day five to make Australia's chase impossible.

I was wrong. On all counts really.

No comfortable victory for Australia. But it is hardly a better contest. It's a damn road. That's some boring sh*t.

pup prooving good value again

being extremely patient and up to 61 now

hope he continues on for a ton

pup prooving good value again

being extremely patient and up to 61 now

hope he continues on for a ton

Thats settled.
If they want Watson to come in, then MArtyn has to sit out.
Lat night was the best Ive seen Clarke start an innings.
I reckon he would have wanted to bat through the night.

Awsome stuff and a well deserved century

Great Innings from Pup.

Aussies now just 54 behind with 4 wickets in hand and 130 overs left

Odds are for a draw but if pup and the others can get a lead of 150 then theres a small chance warne can weave some last day magic.

Poms havnt got a chance in hell of winning now

It'll be a draw... i think our best chance at winning was a "sporting declaration" from punter when we were behind by 100 - 150. Maybe freddy would have set us about 400 to get on the last day or something.. would have made it interesting.... oh well we still are on track to get the ashes back with a draw

england are playing for the draw

10 overs bowled this morning and just 10 runs scored

haydos dropped bell off warne, thats about it so far

i may have spoken too soon

england now 5/77

4/8 off the last 10 overs, collingwood the only recognised batsman left

we bowled them all out for 129!!!

We have 36 overs to chase down 169 runs!!

Open up with gilly and let's get em.... the run rate required is only about 4.6.... smash them!

50 odd to get off 70 odd balls.
We should get them , but Martyn has to go. Started with a great shot then next ball loses his head. trying to be the hero , and how often is he out caught.
I hope Pup can guide the ball around with Hussey , have a great win , and secure his spot , if he hasnt already.

a great win - 3rd highest first inning score to lose, highest for the poms

ponting, hussey and pup are going great.

Martyn has to go and hayden cant be far behind at the moment

I think it's fair enough that hayden stays... but surely that has to be martyn's last go.. what has he contributed with so far this ashes???

Hayden
Langer
Ponting (the best i've ever seen)
Hussey (what a player!!)
Clarke
Watson
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Clarke
McGrath

That's my team

Watson wont get in due to injury.
If and when he does come in , Martyn has to go. Not fair to leave Clarke out. he is the future and Martyn is the past. Simple.

Martyn....well you'd be happy to know (as I am) that he has retired from both forms of the game!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4