2nd Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Team v India
Katich
Marsh
Khawaja
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Haddin
Siddle
Pattinson
Harris
Lyon

Who does Cowan play for BE? I have heard of him. Just not sure where he's from. Dont get a great deal of state cricket coverage in the NT.
Haddin's dismissal was ugly. I know he's had a couple of scores but geez. That wasn't a good look.
Is Tim Paine still on the radar?

I am a superstitious cricketer so don't hunt me down if I put the mockers on him but how good does Pattinson look as a bat. He's nice and compact (for a tall dude) and very correct.

Ed Cowan
Australia
Full name Edward James McKenzie Cowan

Born June 16, 1982, Paddington, New South Wales

Current age 29 years 177 days

Major teams Australia A, British Universities, New South Wales, Oxford MCCU, Tasmania

Nickname Fred

Playing role Opening batsman

Batting style Left-hand bat

Bowling style Legbreak

Height 1.77 m

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/4531.html

oh dear. Kiwis are falling apart. Ordinary fielding

Has he been scoring a few?
Katich is unlucky I reckon.
There has to be some truth in the Clarke v Katich innuendo.

I was listening to ABC Grandstand and one of the commentators was chatting to the curator. The curator was saying he reckons the deck will flatten out after lunch.
Looks like he was spot on.

Boult to Starc, OUT, appeal for lbw turned down by Asad Rauf and Taylor calls for a review, lands on a good length on middle and was angling towards leg, no impact with the bat, was heading towards leg stump, a good part of the ball as the ball-tracking shows and Asad Rauf will have to reverse his decision. It's out.

New Zealand 150
Australia 136 (51.0 ov)
Australia trail by 14 runs with 0 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-new-zealand-2011/engine/current/match/518948.html

NZ score 300 in 2nd dig.
AUS to score 315.
Should take us through til Monday arvo/Tuesday morn

Clint said:
Who does Cowan play for BE? I have heard of him. Just not sure where he's from. Dont get a great deal of state cricket coverage in the NT.
Haddin's dismissal was ugly. I know he's had a couple of scores but geez. That wasn't a good look.

I am a superstitious cricketer so don't hunt me down if I put the mockers on him but how good does Pattinson look as a bat. He's nice and compact (for a tall dude) and very correct.

Cowan is a NSW reject playing for Tassie, was tried for a few years when younger. He has hit a bit of a purple patch recently but is almost 30 would only be a bandaid job at best.

Fluffy said:
Clint said:

Cowan is a NSW reject playing for Tassie, was tried for a few years when younger. He has hit a bit of a purple patch recently but is almost 30 would only be a bandaid job at best.

Like Haddin always has been? Bandaid

The Eagle said:

Like Haddin always has been? Bandaid

Haddin undoubtedly earnt and deserved his spot when Gilly retired. Whether he still deserves it now is debateable.

ouch. Had to take that Hughsie. Dropped Taylor.

:blush: well done Haddin. That was bloody impressive keeping.
Carn Australia..Go Huss..

You'd have to think Hughes is gone unless he gets a big one in the second dig. Why they ever brought him back is beyond me. Watson should be right for next test so I think stick with Warner and him at top of order. I don't know that watto will bowl though so I don't think we should go in with only 3 quicks. I also think Johnson's time has probably run out, he needs to spend rest of summer in 1st class as we have shown that there are a couple of young guys more worthy of an opportunity to build on solid debuts.

if Paine was fit haddin would be gone, he has a busted hand or finger, so when he is back Haddin had better look over his shoulder.

Wade is ok but not as good as either of the other 2

exactly right.

Paine only lost the gig through injury (granted, thats how he got it) but he is No1, Haddin No2 and Probably Wade No3.

Haddin was always on a hiding to nothing given who he replaced. It is now expected that you are a batsman who can glove ok rather than the other way around.

Fluffy said:
exactly right.

Paine only lost the gig through injury (granted, thats how he got it) but he is No1, Haddin No2 and Probably Wade No3.

Haddin was always on a hiding to nothing given who he replaced. It is now expected that you are a batsman who can glove ok rather than the other way around.

Paine is a different type of batsman to Haddin as well, he is more technically polished and will construct an innings rather than try and hit his way out of trouble, and given Australias current predilictions for collapses, someone with a nice stright bat would be very handy at 7.

Haddin is outstanding coming in at 5 for 350, not so good at 5/150.

Fro said:
Fluffy said:
exactly right.

Paine is a different type of batsman to Haddin as well, he is more technically polished and will construct an innings rather than try and hit his way out of trouble, and given Australias current predilictions for collapses, someone with a nice stright bat would be very handy at 7.

Haddin is outstanding coming in at 5 for 350, not so good at 5/150.

Paine is also an opening bat, something we could use at this point

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6