2nd Test Aust v India

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
In hindsight Clarke probably wished he stayed in and chased the 400, but he was right to be conservative. Really Tendulkar should be kicking himself for getting out to a part timer, and it took a real peach to get rid of VVS. Once those two went it was like they lost interest, but Aussies bowled well with the new ball. Was thinking it may have been a nasty little 150 run chase on the last day if Sachin and Laxman had held on for another session or two.

There is one thing I don't get though, and that's the MS Dhoni myth. Has this guy ever got a score against us ? Great short form player, but I've can't remember him ever hurting us in a Test. How is he Captain and how is there not a better keeper batsman in a country of 1 billion fanatical cricketers ? He averages under 40 doesn't he, which is unheard of for a keeper batsman in the modern game.

Couple of big questions on the minds of selectors.

1) Will Lyon join the scrapheap of Aussie finger spinners ? His returns since his debut have been poor, and he really did nothing today. How long do they persevere with him ? Does he go the way of Krejza, Doherty, Hauritz and Beer. You can throw in a handful of wristys that have been binned as well since Warney.
2) How do you justify Mitchell Johnson returning to this side ? Consider we have Harris and Cummins in the wings, as well as Starc, Bollinger, Copeland. Johnson is a mercurial talent, but more cold then hot of late.
Could Johnson be the all rounder And keep watto up the
Order

yep dump lyon because he hasnt been on fire on fast mens pitches.

glad you ironstines wernt calling the shots back in 93 when after 8 tests one SK Wanre could only manage 14 @ 50 which included a 7 for 50, the other 7 were at over 90.

Fluffy said:

glad you ironstines wernt calling the shots back in 93 when after 8 tests one SK Wanre could only manage 14 @ 50 which included a 7 for 50, the other 7 were at over 90.

What was his economy rate? I dont think we have yet named Warnes successor, the spinner spot is still wel and truly up for grabs

Perhaps you would rather us keep him forever like we did Marcus North? How did that work out? He done less than part timer Clarke and is in doubt accordingly, fans are fickle

Chip and Chase said:
I think he preferred the red ink Byso. I thought he could have done a Tubby and declared when he reached 334. Must admit I though he might have a crack at it for an hour or so and see if he could get the 380 - 400. In a round about way maybe he is trying to prove a point, see I'm not selfish, once Huss got his milestone we are out of here. No doubt the PR department of Michael Clark Inc discussed this issue at length last night.

Derp.

What a knock from Clarke. Haters gonna keep hating though.

Cambo said:
Chip and Chase said:
In hindsight Clarke probably wished he stayed in and chased the 400, but he was right to be conservative. Really Tendulkar should be kicking himself for getting out to a part timer, and it took a real peach to get rid of VVS. Once those two went it was like they lost interest, but Aussies bowled well with the new ball. Was thinking it may have been a nasty little 150 run chase on the last day if Sachin and Laxman had held on for another session or two.

There is one thing I don't get though, and that's the MS Dhoni myth. Has this guy ever got a score against us ? Great short form player, but I've can't remember him ever hurting us in a Test. How is he Captain and how is there not a better keeper batsman in a country of 1 billion fanatical cricketers ? He averages under 40 doesn't he, which is unheard of for a keeper batsman in the modern game.

Couple of big questions on the minds of selectors.

1) Will Lyon join the scrapheap of Aussie finger spinners ? His returns since his debut have been poor, and he really did nothing today. How long do they persevere with him ? Does he go the way of Krejza, Doherty, Hauritz and Beer. You can throw in a handful of wristys that have been binned as well since Warney.
2) How do you justify Mitchell Johnson returning to this side ? Consider we have Harris and Cummins in the wings, as well as Starc, Bollinger, Copeland. Johnson is a mercurial talent, but more cold then hot of late.
Could Johnson be the all rounder And keep watto up the
Order

An all-rounder needs to be able to bowl.

The Eagle said:
I'd rather Doherty come back, surely Starc is behind Harris and Cummins

Haha, Doherty's puss at test level. Give Lyon a go ffs, he's coming up against the masters of spin on non-spin friendly wickets.

Cummins is injured, he's well ahead of Starc in the pecking order. Hazlewood would be as well if the poor guy didn't keep getting injured. Out for the rest of the season again.

Phantar said:
That was in 2007. In 2010, he made his promise (for $10 million towards the upgrade) well before the election and when he was looking a real chance of winning that election. Even if he should be deposed before the next election (unlikely), he will have plenty of credits* up his sleeve for putting the Coalition in a position where they almost won in 2010 and therefore well placed for 2013. That did not look at all likely in mid-2009.

As for Fluffy's comments - Brookvale Oval received its first significant funding in 10+ years in the May 2005 Federal Budget - for the TV-standard lighting. You largely can thank Kerry Sibraa's efforts with Tony Abbott for that.

Remember that for much of the previous 10 years the future of the Club and therefore its usage of the ground, was under a cloud created by the Superleague War. So why would anyone have reasonably put up significant funds for its upgrade back then? By 2005 the situation was of course stabilising and things were looking better for the Club financially. The only money in the intervening period (from the previous state government) had been for the 'tennis boxes' in the JT stand and the video scoreboard. That was well below $1 million.

*That could bode well for Brookvale if the Coalition wins - irrespective of whether Abbott is still the Federal leader.

The Eagle said:
Fluffy said:

What was his economy rate? I dont think we have yet named Warnes successor, the spinner spot is still wel and truly up for grabs

Perhaps you would rather us keep him forever like we did Marcus North? How did that work out? He done less than part timer Clarke and is in doubt accordingly, fans are fickle

Warnes economy rate was 3.4.

North is a batsman, not sure how Lyon has done less than Clarke, both took 1 wicket but one held an end fairly tight for 28 ovewrs in the match.

Anyways im really glad you are writing off Lyon given your history, Lyon is a sure thing to do well now.

Fluffy said:

The Indian pace attack might argue otherwise about your assessment of the SCG as being a fast bowlers paradise. They managed 1 for about 600 after the initial 3 for with the new ball. Having said that Ashwin did very little either.

The point I was trying to make about Lyon is why does he get afforded more opportunity the those who went before him ? Whilst I don't mind the guy, you wouldn't say he is a prodigious turner of the ball, nor a bowler with a lot of variation. Good luck to him if they are prepared to invest some time in him, but he doesn't strike me as someone who is streets ahead of his competiton. His first class record isn't spectacular, nor lengthy in fact. Maybe Inverarity sees something special in him, he's got a nice action, and obviously someone who knows more about finger spinning than me can see potential. I'll be interested to see what bowling line up they name for Perth and whether he gets a go.

We need a leg spinner surely there's someone of even mcgilles caliber around.

You would think there would hundreds of class leggys around with warne and McGill to look up to a few years ago.

Chip and Chase said:
Fluffy said:

The Indian pace attack might argue otherwise about your assessment of the SCG as being a fast bowlers paradise. They managed 1 for about 600 after the initial 3 for with the new ball. Having said that Ashwin did very little either.

The point I was trying to make about Lyon is why does he get afforded more opportunity the those who went before him ? Whilst I don't mind the guy, you wouldn't say he is a prodigious turner of the ball, nor a bowler with a lot of variation. Good luck to him if they are prepared to invest some time in him, but he doesn't strike me as someone who is streets ahead of his competiton. His first class record isn't spectacular, nor lengthy in fact. Maybe Inverarity sees something special in him, he's got a nice action, and obviously someone who knows more about finger spinning than me can see potential. I'll be interested to see what bowling line up they name for Perth and whether he gets a go.

His numbers so far warrent him to be given more opportunity than some of the others. He was picked for SA on his action, there are quite a few experts that think he has something pretty good going on. And for a finger spinner he seems to get good turn.

Its good that you can read sarcasm,i thought you must have been an illiterate imbecile who is desperatly trying to fit in with the cool kids,i suggest you reread what was written next time less you look stupid

Actually Sarcasm IS the lowest form of wit as Fluffy said.

And it doesn't surprise me that someone of your intellect didn't know such things...

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7