2nd Grade 14/3/15

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
Manly v Illawarra: HEATH NO L’ESTRANGER TO WILLIAMSON

HE’S a friend but Manly VB NSW Cup coach Luke Williamson will be hoping his old Sea Eagles team-mate Heath L’Estrange gets a late call-up to the make his debut for the Dragons in round two.

If not L’Estrange will be calling the shots and controlling the ruck for the Illawarra Cutters when they take on Williamson’s side at Brookvale Oval on Saturday.

Both clubs copped first-round losses with Manly beaten 34-8 by Wyong Roos and the Cutters downed 22-20 in their clash against Mounties.

“We’re waiting to see if Heath L’Estrange plays,” said Williamson after Dragons coach Paul McGregor added L’Estrange and Jake Marketo as extra cover to an extended first grade bench.

“He was quite dominant against Mounties. I’ve watched some of that and both teams were quite evenly matched, being big teams and powerful in the middle.”

Williamson, who is now 36, and 29-year-old L’Estrange played together at Manly in 2008 before both enjoyed stints in Super League.

L’Estrange returned from Bradford Bulls last year to play five NRL games for the Roosters and, while he and former Bulldogs’ five-eighth Kris Keating bring plenty of experience to the Cutters, Williamson has quite a young side and that inexperience showed in the loss to the Roos.

“We didn’t start well and we sorta got ambushed even though we expected it a bit,” said Williamson.

“The game got away from us a bit but some of these guys have only just started training with one another. There’s a lot of room for improvement in our squad but we need it to happen now. We can’t get to round seven and say we’re working our way into it.

“There’s plenty of potential there and we need to get it right so these players start putting pressure for places on our first grade squad.”

Unfortunately the Sea Eagles are expected to be without five-eighth Manaia Rudolph (ankle) and experienced forward Justin Horo (concussion) for the clash with the Cutters.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Illawarra Cutters, Brookvale Oval, Saturday March 14. Kick-off: 2.30pm. Referee: Drew Oultram

SEA EAGLES: 1. DAVID WILLIAMS (C) 2. BEN FRITZ 3. BRAYDEN WILIAME 4. TONY SATINI 5 DOM REARDON 6. KURT ALDRIDGE 7. MANAIA RUDOLPH 8. SIOSAIA VAVE 9. JAYDEN HODGES 10. JAKE TRBOJEVIC 11. JORDAN LATHAM 12. DYLAN KELLY 13. MICHAEL CHEE KAM 14. TYSON ANDREWS 15. TODD WILSON 16. UITI BAKER 17. VINNI NGARO

CUTTERS: 1. TYRON CRANSTON 2. CHARLY RUNCIMAN 3. EUAN AITKEN 4. PETER MATA’UTIA 5. KITI GLYMIN 6. KRIS KEATING 7. DREW HUTCHISON 8. JOKATAMA DOKONIVALU 9. CRAIG GARVEY 10. RULIN NUTIRA 11. NATHAN GREEN 12. ADAM TUIMAVAVA-GERRARD 13. SHANNON WAKEMAN 14. ANDREW MCCARTHY 15. JACOB HIND 16. TEKINA VAILEA 20. SAM COSTER

Brookie looks imaculate although the Hill Beer Shed looks like a cyclone hit it :confused:

JlJ just kicked his second out on the full, so Mateo is safe in FG@:(

Wolfie looks keen and has caught a bomb:inlove: Just saved a certain try - Aooooh!

B2b tries to Manly, with 20seconds to go Wolfie deservedly scores Manly 12-16 ht
@:)
Satini came off with a shoulder injury.
Chee is an idiot, doesnt tackle and got called out for backchat :mad:

Thanks HP and keep up the cup updates . Chee has always been disappointing . How is Vave going ? I will be there when i finish my 12 hour shift after 5 pm :)

Wolfie in for his second, almost killed himself in the process :angel:

Manly 18-20

But we've been held up over the line 3 times

Vave is OK. Tyson is great. Hodges would be better if he passed more. Has a small frame and gets smashed or gives a flat ball to a flat footed forward

JLJ just dropped on his head, from penalty he set up a great to Hodgo, who unbelievably was looking to pass even though he was over the line !?

Manly24-20 18 to go

Little Aldridge just put up s bomb and Fritz scores Manly 30-20 3 to go

Kelly, Aldridge and Wolfie were the best@:)

Vave has Nood's build so he will be great in FG@:)

Horo is weak as, just a reserve grader:( probly needs the Dalai

Manly 32-20

1 down 2 to go Go Manly!!!

Where can we get the NYC jersey - fantastic eagle design from what I can see in the warm up.:inlove:

Brookie sunny but strong westerly, so bring a jumper

Gutho was in the stands watching the game, seems happy.
Also 2v was down the sideline watching the Next Gen@:)

How'd turbo go HM? Thanks for the updates, and good to see the nsw cup team turn it around.
Turbo must be on bench for FG as he didnt play.
@:cool:

But Tyson and Kelly look like him so at first I thought I saw him. These 2 are keepers. Kelly is also nice and tall, TRed build @:)

Little Aldridge just put up s bomb and Fritz scores Manly 30-20 3 to go

Kelly, Aldridge and Wolfie were the best@:)

Vave has Nood's build so he will be great in FG@:)

Horo is weak as, just a reserve grader:( probly needs the Dalai

Manly 32-20

1 down 2 to go Go Manly!!!
Agree Aldridge went well. 6 from 6 goals and a try. How old is he?

So, ummmm....what happens if we string some wins together (highly unlikely) with JLJ and DCE? Do we keep him in the team, and Foran gets "rested", or does Toovey bring Foran back?

Its Mateo and Chez today.
JLJ was in NSW Cup

By the time Foz decides to play, we could be into 2016:mad:

Can someone paste in NYC Team List or better still create a Thread as I can't find it via my phone

Thanks

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8