2nd chapter from the Book of Observations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
I tell you all one major point I got from the game on Sunday that doesnt seem to been raised at all yet.

And that is, Des minimisation of the interchange. It was around the 60th minute when Des sends Willow on with both teams looking very tired. As the game goes on Smith is up to the 10th interchange while from what I could see we were still at 7.

All players continue to deteriorate further from this point with the game obviously and precariously in the balance. But Des doesnt budge from his game plan. I dont think he interchanged at all after that point, while the eels no doubt exhausted their bench.

This was no accident. This was a deliberate ploy by Des to toughen this side up and make them battle hardened.

What a way to dispel the soft coach myth. Sundays gutsy plan tells me Des that you have what it takes to propel this team into a position to win a premiership. Congratulations ! :clap: !!! :clap: !!!!!!! :clap: !!!!!! :clap: !!!!!!!

I didn't play under the interchange rule (though it is in for the old farts soccer team I play in) but people hate coming off. Des put Kite and King back on at half time despite the 10 minute breather it offered Bryant and whoever was on. If you are a player you want to be on the paddock and will do anything to get the fitness level up to stay there.

I noticed how few interchanges he had made as well but didnt put it together like you did Jatz

interesting view after kites commetns about having it easy during the week so he can give more on the weekend. I wonder if king is the same?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4