• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pete W

Reserve Grader
So considering our roster looks to be fairly settled until 2025 with big contracts to the Trbojevics and DCE, looking forward I would consider basing our team after this point on 11 core players:

1. Weekes
2. Saab
3. Meyers
4. Koula
5. ?
6. Schuster
7. Humphreys
8. ?
9. Chan Kum Tong
10. ?
11. Ola'akautu
12. Trbojevic (Ben)
13. Fainu (Samuela)
14. Fainu (Latu)
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?

I would think keeping Jake, Tom, Croker, and Garrick around for the transition considering their experience and attitude.

Depth players could include guys like Bullemor, Fulton, Sykes, and Stuckey depending on their progress over the next couple of years.

I think if we retain these key 11 guys, we should go to market for a serious front row rotation. We are really lacking in hard edge quality here moving forward, and with funds freed up from our current big 3, we may be able to get some big names on board.

Thoughts?

I don't mind the idea of looking at hypotheticals that far ahead coz I understand you need to look more than a couple of years down the track. However, I just think next year is going to be a big year for a lot of these young blokes and I'm not convinced all of them will blossom like we hope.

And I feel like you're pensioning off some players a bit too soon. I mean if Jake can stay healthy, he'd still be in my run on side. At 29, he still has a few more years in him. And if Tom has some magic health turn around, he could also be playing very good footy in 26. Surely we could sign them on a lot less money coz I can't see them wanting to leave Manly. And Garrick will also only be late 20s and if he is still kicking goals, I can't see why we would move him out. Meyers and Koula I like but I could also see Tom move to centre if one of the other two get offered big money to move. Weekes could certainly then play FB. I can also see Shuster (pending health again) moving to 13 and having Humphries and Latu as the halves.

The forwards are a real mystery simply coz we don't know how some of those players you've mentioned will come on. I certainly don't see Sips, Aloiai and obviously Boyle and Woods around then. Paseka the enigma could still be around if he was to turn into a consistent ball runner. He's still young enough. Still not convinced about Ben but Fulton could certainly make the step up. It's hard to know who we could pick up in 2+ years that would fit the hard nosed types we keep going on about though.

So anyway, that probably doesn't add much to the question now I think about it.

So considering our roster looks to be fairly settled until 2025 with big contracts to the Trbojevics and DCE, looking forward I would consider basing our team after this point on 11 core players:

1. Weekes
2. Saab
3. Meyers
4. Koula
5. ?
6. Schuster
7. Humphreys
8. ?
9. Chan Kum Tong
10. ?
11. Ola'akautu
12. Trbojevic (Ben)
13. Fainu (Samuela)
14. Fainu (Latu)
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?

I would think keeping Jake, Tom, Croker, and Garrick around for the transition considering their experience and attitude.

Depth players could include guys like Bullemor, Fulton, Sykes, and Stuckey depending on their progress over the next couple of years.

I think if we retain these key 11 guys, we should go to market for a serious front row rotation. We are really lacking in hard edge quality here moving forward, and with funds freed up from our current big 3, we may be able to get some big names on board.

Thoughts?
Bully's proved himself now, should be in the 17 for sure.

Bully's proved himself now, should be in the 17 for sure.
Certainly if he can be consistent for the rest of the season. And if he does, hopefully, he doesn't then get offered money to return home to QLD.

Certainly if he can be consistent for the rest of the season. And if he does, hopefully, he doesn't then get offered money to return home to QLD.
Yep, that goes without saying S68, not only Bullemore but everyone else for that matter. RL, it really is a business these days.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2