2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With DCE still another season away from retiring
This young player will get a good look at Manly
Seibold says they've had there eye on the kid
Who knows maybe Humphreys didn't want to wait plus he has been switched around alot and couldn't hold a starting spot for Blacktown
Good to see Gordie get an extension

Ryan

Journey Man
Anyways, we pitched to Siti and missed out. He rejected us for The Dog's. Like many others our project is unappealing and our recruitment team failed.

Crichton got the contract he deserves. Good retain Chooks, but you're losing many a player this off season..let's see if you can keep competing.

Lastly, I'll say this again, the announcement today of Walsh (the half the Chooks didn't want) and GCKT (extension), was to soften the loss of Humphreys, rejection of Siti and the inability to progress.

Please.dont drink their PR spin crap guys.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Anyways, we pitched to Siti and missed out. He rejected us for The Dog's. Like many others our project is unappealing and our recruitment team failed.

Crichton got the contract he deserves. Good retain Chooks, but you're losing many a player this off season..let's see if you can keep competing.

Lastly, I'll say this again, the announcement today of Walsh (the half the Chooks didn't want) and GCKT (extension), was to soften the loss of Humphreys, rejection of Siti and the inability to progress.

On Sitili Tupouniua, Manly also opened discussions with Tupouniua but did not table a formal offer. Reported by Chammas..

47MVEagle

Bencher
We need proven / marquee players right now, to become a contender, rather than a participator.

We HAD Latu Fainu, Kaeo Weekes, Jamie Humphreys & Jake Arthur as succession. We now have Jake Arthur and Joe Walsh (a player The Chooks didn't want & ARU convert).

Sorry if I'm not thrilled, but I'm not buying this PR stunt aimed at softening the blow. All good if you want to, I'm not criticizing you. I refuse to jump up and down and applaud anything the club does.

I want progress, improvement, a more balanced roster, better cap management, better decisions, so flame away.
Was Humphreys a proven marquee player?

Ryan

Journey Man
Was Humphreys a proven marquee player?
Was he ready now ? Yes. Was he a rugby league representative quality player ? Yes.

You can have apathy to his joining the bunnies, but I'll tell you this - Manly were filthy about it. They let him slip through their fingers. He wasn't left out by Siebold for ****s and giggles, put it that way.

Walsh was unwanted by the Chooks, and converted back to club Rugby Union. And everyone here is celebrating it.

We should change the name of this thread to Lack of recruitment and retention lol

joeboy

Bencher
I’m glad we didn’t blow our wad on toupinoua.

I just wish we would blow it on someone worthwhile.

We don’t even seem to be stocking up in promising juniors. Just letting The status quo be good enough, when it’s clear that it isn’t.

Desperate need for a second row and lock

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader

I actually think there’s something to this. Reminds me of last year when they released the statement showing the player agent list at the club, when the buzz around Moses gaining too much control started. You can bet they wouldn’t release an updated list now!

Hopefully this Walsh kid turns out to be the goods but kids at that age generally don’t get their own media releases for signing on, he’s also already been here for at least a month so the timing is suspect

47MVEagle

Bencher
Was he ready now ? Yes. Was he a rugby league representative quality player ? Yes.

You can have apathy to his joining the bunnies, but I'll tell you this - Manly were filthy about it. They let him slip through their fingers. He wasn't left out by Siebold for ****s and giggles, put it that way.

Walsh was unwanted by the Chooks, and converted back to club Rugby Union. And everyone here is celebrating it.
Oh yeah so you’ve got inside knowledge have you?

You’ve got the acumen to know Humphreys is ready now & will be a rep, yeah?

Does your crystal ball that tells you all this about Humphreys also tell you Walsh is a dud?

Ryan

Journey Man
I actually think there’s something to this. Reminds me of last year when they released the statement showing the player agent list at the club, when the buzz around Moses gaining too much control started. You can bet they wouldn’t release an updated list now!

Hopefully this Walsh kid turns out to be the goods but kids at that age generally don’t get their own media releases for signing on, he’s also already been here for at least a month so the timing is suspect
Targetted media is the name for it, mate. There's a reason 0 other outlets are writing about it. He's a Roosters lower grade reject, who couldn't get a club, so went back to Union.

We've just lost Humphreys, been rejected by a rheem of players, are only acquiring players who can't crack first grade (Schoupp / Simpkin), or washed up players / regressing players. Hell, we haven't found a Schuster replacement .... as...... suggested by Mestrov MIGHT happen (is that okay guys ?).

Our entire recruitment and retention committee need to be immediately sacked.

Ryan

Journey Man
Oh yeah so you’ve got inside knowledge have you?

You’ve got the acumen to know Humphreys is ready now & will be a rep, yeah?

Does your crystal ball that tells you all this about Humphreys also tell you Walsh is a dud?
I know this. Humphreys was chased after by clubs. He was elite in his class (rugby league). Walsh couldn't make it at The Chooks, and ended up reverting back to local club footy in Union.

Sorry 47, I absolutely loved Humphreys, and in my eyes, he was the one glowing light for me. I'm gutted about it. Admittedly, that make me a little biased or one eyed and cynical here.

No crystal ball needed. Just stating what's happened..

Inside knowledge wise. Sometimes. Sometimes not. Either way, definitely don't share here any longer. Been smashed by y'all way too often.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Funny, does anyone notice the ONLY outlet advertising this amazing ARU convert is the official Manly media?

At the same time, guess what JUST came out:
Walsh is younger than the two converts above, was rumoured that Carter Gordon wanted 700K plus to join the Titans and Mark Nawaqanitawase on 550K to join the Rorters, both have represented Australia in the 15 man game.

Walsh may have had other clubs chasing him as Smokin Joe alluded to earlier, the coaching staff must be convinced on him to give him a deal in the 30, bypasses a development contract.

Ryan

Journey Man
Walsh is younger than the two converts above, was rumoured that Carter Gordon wanted 700K plus to join the Titans and Mark Nawaqanitawase on 550K to join the Rorters, both have represented Australia in the 15 man game.

Walsh may have had other clubs chasing him as Smokin Joe alluded to earlier, the coaching staff must be convinced on him to give him a deal in the 30, bypasses a development contract.

Hopefully that's the case. After failing with The Chooks, and going back to Union, he must have been making SOME noises for Manly to be chasing him (at the very least). If other clubs were chasing him, beautiful, but that doesn't discount his past.

I'm sorry, I just can't get as excited by this as other people. For people to claim he's DCE's understudy is HUGE pressure, particularly for someone that didn't make it in this sport first time round.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
I’m glad we didn’t blow our wad on toupinoua.

I just wish we would blow it on someone worthwhile.

We don’t even seem to be stocking up in promising juniors. Just letting The status quo be good enough, when it’s clear that it isn’t.

Desperate need for a second row and lock
Completely agree. Angus Crichton is worth busting the bank for; Toupinoua isn't. That's why the Roosters are keeping one and letting the other go. Don't get me wrong - Toupinoua is a decent enough player, but he wouldn't "move the needle" on our pack as much as it needs to be moved.

We need proven, genuine "stars" to lift the overall quality of our team, and sooner or later we're going to need to pay for them, because nobody is coming to Manly for unders these days.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hopefully that's the case. After failing with The Chooks, and going back to Union, he must have been making SOME noises for Manly to be chasing him (at the very least). If other clubs were chasing him, beautiful, but that doesn't discount his past.

I'm sorry, I just can't get as excited by this as other people. For people to claim he's DCE's understudy is HUGE pressure, particularly for someone that didn't make it in this sport first time round.
For me I like the signing of a talented younger player, it’s a unknown on how far they develop their game, could be good and could easily be poor.

The squad need an injection of youth and enthusiasm, hopefully a couple of forwards now..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18