2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Going by the photo of him standing next to DCE, young Walsh looks like he’s got some height.
Yeah that pic intrigues me.

So signed for 25 for 3 years but pictured training with DCE.

So has he been with us but now signed a professional contract?

Or did he sign and they just got him down on the field?

MW66

Reserve Grader
Intriguing signing this one. Don't know what it means for Bunting/Alexander however he seems to have some pedigree. AUS schoolboy half & captain - I wonder how he went at the Chooks. If signed from 2025 then he will be 19/20 and almost ready to play FG, if not 2025 then 2026. DCE's replacement? So much to ponder!

The Who

Journey Man
The signing of Walsh, the young halfback, explains why the club didn't/doesn't seem too worried about losing Humphreys.
My hope is that we can retain our young talent; we've lost so many in recent years. The club was intent on not losing The Shoe, which I can understand. In his case the punt on his potential didn't pay off. But seeing former Manly juniors such as Hynes, Ramien, Weakes, the Fainus, Hopoates etc making a good fist in the NRL for opposition teams is galling.
When money talks we need our financial backer to shout louder. Easts are continually near the top of the ladder by subverting the Cap, and Canterbury is also showing this season that you can buy success.

The quote is below.

Harsh calling him liar.
Wasn’t that when he was playing reserves and his manager was threatening to shop him around… I think to the tigers. But in the end no one was interested!
I thought at the time that manly were happy to oblige with a decent replacement as he was still under contract … but in the end no one wanted him so no deal!

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
I hope this profile is well out of date, 63.2kgs is victim weight…
IMG_2593.png

Ryan

Journey Man
I'd say Gordie is there to play for Blacktown while Croker / Simpkin split the hooking role.

Regarding this Walsh kid, I've never heard of him. Where has he been playing? Manly Vikings Rugby Club? I'm surprised The Chooks let go such an exciting talent tbh????? Guess he chose to go back to Union. Who know's what transpired.

I'm surprised either of these signings made our main front page.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I'd say Gordie is there to play for Blacktown while Croker / Simpkin split the hooking role.

Regarding this Walsh kid, I've never heard of him. Where has he been playing? Manly Vikings Rugby Club? I'm surprised The Chooks let go such an exciting talent tbh????? Guess he chose to go back to Union. Who know's what transpired.

I'm surprised either of these signings made our main front page.

You dont think a top 30 squad member re-signing should make the website?

Regarding Walsh, the club are obviously excited about him if they are spruiking him. As you are right, youngers signing don't often come with fanfare.

Personally I'm all for it, the more info the better, ling may be gone the days of players not even being announced.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19