2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
If Gus wants a player, for some reason, despite their club being trash, he still tends to win them over (brown paper bags?). They've had some mighty high profile (young) quality players sign.

Dogs had a huuuuge amount of space in there cap the last few years, thats how they have nabbed people.

They have also missed plenty.

Moses, Luai, Johnson, AFB, Smith.

Also for every Stephen Chricton or Mahoney there has been a Zane Tetevano or Drew Hutchinson.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Dogs had a huuuuge amount of space in there cap the last few years, thats how they have nabbed people.
Thats the Big name player Dogs cap spending Model

Then you have the Bellamay Storm cap model and this model finds young talent and moulds them into big game players

The moral of the story
There is more than one way to skin the salary cap cat

Last edited:

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
"At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by 1 November, 28 Top 30 players by the Monday prior to Round 1 and 30 Top 30 players by 30 June (or the first working day thereafter if 30 June falls on a weekend)."
Hope life is treating you well. You have Been a-bit quiet on here lately . Hope its because you got a few extra lawns or a new girlfriend

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If Gus wants a player, for some reason, despite their club being trash, he still tends to win them over (brown paper bags?). They've had some mighty high profile (young) quality players sign.

If what I've heard is correct, quite a few players have flat out rejected us, after hearing about the "project", and where we are as a club.

If The Dog's and Tigers can recruit marquee, surely we should be able to as well. Is that dude from The Chooks marquee? Not gonna lie, I haven't really noticed him before this.

P.S. Piss off Wayne Bennett you old fossil, stop stripping our juniors from the market.
I suspect Laundy is not too far off the Uncle Nick status when it comes to being able to "assist" players. That, plus Gould's ability to build his image as the rugby lea gue guru over the years. I find Bennett painful but it's hard to argue his coaching record. Gould, I just find painful but it's hard to argue that he isn't an influence on the game. I reckon young blokes get a bit mesmerised when they sit down with him. Siebold on the other hand .....

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hope life is treating you well. You have Been a-bit quiet on here lately . Hope its because you got a few extra lawns or a new girlfriend
thanks James (or can I call you jb) and I hope you're doing well too. Mate you know life's treating you well when you have enough lawns and you've had more than enough girlfriends! @:)

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Heard rumours he and sticky have had a bust up but unsubstantiated so apply salt liberally
Reading between the team selections and how good his form was last season there appears to be something not right.

Only signed on last season to end of 2027, another red head in the 13 would be a turn back to the eighties.

ManlyGM

Another team enters the race for Sitili Tupouniua

Knights join the race for Tupouniua and Crichton close to a two year extension with the Roosters, so Sitili is most probably off.

The Knights, Dolphins, Doggies and Manly all in the race for his signature. Just looking at the rosters of those sides we are the side that could probably guarantee a spot in the 17 for Sitili with our lack of second row depth.

Knights have KPP, Lucas, Frizzell
Dogs have Kikau, Preston, Salmon
Dolphins have Lemuelu, Finefeuiaki, Kaufusi

Manly have basically just got Haumole and Burbo and thats it. No club in the race for him can really offer a direct pathway to the 1-17 like Manly can with our lack of second row and forward depth in general. If Sitili wants consistent playing time, Manly’s the club to go to.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18