2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

joeboy

Bencher
We couldn't match Tige's 1m combo deal for Sam and Latu. It was always inevitable that we were going to loose Samuella.
Again with this ridiculous line.. They were under contract and in sams case, on the cheap side. Keep them until the future becomes clearer, if we had have enforced the contract, schuster was then let go and hey presto we have money for an upgrade.

It was a ludicrous move by the club

I keep reading about all this young talent getting secured by other clubs, we are doing nothing. We have no exciting youth in our squad (bar Hopoate- which creates a conundrum in itself) and is far as I can tell nothing to get excited about in Blacktown

It wasn’t that long ago we had fainu x2, Weekes, schuster, feledy, Fifita, tuiitivake. Now , not all of them have gone on and flourished but what have we got left ? and what are we doing about replenishing ? The answer seems like “nothing” to both questions

Eagle 1

First Grader
Again with this ridiculous line.. They were under contract and in sams case, on the cheap side. Keep them until the future becomes clearer, if we had have enforced the contract, schuster was then let go and hey presto we have money for an upgrade.

It was a ludicrous move by the club

I keep reading about all this young talent getting secured by other clubs, we are doing nothing. We have no exciting youth in our squad (bar Hopoate- which creates a conundrum in itself) and is far as I can tell nothing to get excited about in Blacktown

It wasn’t that long ago we had fainu x2, Weekes, schuster, feledy, Fifita, tuiitivake. Now , not all of them have gone on and flourished but what have we got left ? and what are we doing about replenishing ? The answer seems like “nothing” to both questions
A millon isn't cheap for a forward who at the time hadn't played much first grade, together with an untried Latu who was part of the package deal.

MW66

Reserve Grader
We screwed up with Samuela. Simple. AND it is going to hurt every time he runs out for the Tigers. SOO in 2/3 years' time in my opinion.

SeaEagleSI1

Reserve Grader
Might be going to the dogs

IMG_7578.jpeg

joeboy

Bencher
Never fulfilled early promise. Broncos are stacked with young forwards, that’s where we should be looking.

Finefuiaki was the one we should’ve been all over, wouldve been a bargain, but alas gone to the dolphins

AndWeDon'tCare

Reserve Grader
I am stunned that we have now lost Jamie Humphries. The people responsible for recutiment are asleep at the wheel.

I'm very interested in this statement, along with others made in other threads regarding his playing status at the club.

Has this been confirmed as last I heard, Jamie was quite comfortable with his position in the present set-up at the Club.

Given Lewis Dodd has signed (pending clearance) I take it that he is being "recruited" to play hooker, then again, Peter Mamouzelos is now considered to be their first choice after JMK kiboshed any formal discussions when he re-signed with the Dolphins.

I find the X-sphere has gone into over drive on the basis that all and sundry presumed he would play on the weekend, alas, he did not, so the only conclusion to this scenario is that he wants out or is looking elsewhere.

Interesting times ahead.

Ohgeez

Hopefully with the Schuster money & possibly a release of a guy like Lodge we would have the money for at least 1 decent player next season. Some forwards that have been given permission to look elsewhere or reportedly are asking for releases in the last few weeks.
In order of who I would like:

1. Stefano Utoikamanu - Unrealistic but we can dream.

(more realistic options)

2. Royce Hunt - Good impact off the bench & can change momentum of games better then any other bench prop (my opinion)

3. Sitili Tupouniua - Was great a few years ago but injuries & poor form lately would be a concern. We are light on 2nd row stocks so it wouldn’t be a bad signing

4. Corey Horsburgh (only low because he will probably want the move to QLD)

5. Emre Guler - Average bench rotation that wouldn't really add anything.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
HE WAS ALREADY UNDER CONTRACT we didn’t need to renegotiate.

Unfortunately I don't think player managers operate in a world where an NRL contract and the value on it are sacrosanct.

If the player manager tells the club that their player/s are not happy there, then there is only so much the club can reasonably do before offering them the exit... no one wins if the club forces a player to stay.

I am not an insider, but given that the club provided support (monetary and otherwise) for the Fainu family for years, only for the brothers to leave while still under contract, I doubt it was Manly who wanted to move them on.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would suggest manly moved on the fainus because

Tartak was too smart for them. Fulton
2 young players signed on decent coin still mainly on potential
Penn has no patience with coaches and seems to think we have a squad thats competitive with the big boys. We do not

Our squad is massively overhyped because when the moons align we can beat anyone
But the moons, needs plenty of penalties, opposition capitulation, a strong back wind, brookvale oval and for the weather to be between 16 - 21 degrees

We tend to fire up early in the season under seibs and then wait until we need maths to make the semi finals

Our squad needs to be continually motivated and lacks self motivation

Dce extension should have been used on the fainus
Foran should have been resigned as he was cheap
Schuster . From the outside that was a tough call, no one knew how deep his issues were. Feel sorry for cookie monster. I thought we handled his situation as poorly as manly have ever handled a player since half the club wanted to walk out and play for the gold coast

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What is our long term plan? We dont seem to have one. DCE is 35 years of age and turns 36 next February.We need a plan beyond 2025. We need an apprentice with talent that gets a run in first grade from time to time. Jake Arthurs unfortunatelky broke his foot but Jamie Humphries has been playing consisently well and the Blacktown Workers have been winning. In view of our cicrumstances common sense would have demanded that Humphries play 7 and Brooks 6. Why on earth didn't that happen even if he had already agreed to terms with Souths. Lawton is off to the Cowboys next yeat so where is the sense in what Seibold did on the weekend? Brooks is not our future 7 he needs to be playing 6 with a dominant halves partner at 7. Who is that going to be? No disrespect to Jake Arthur but he is not a long term solution at number 7 in my opinion is a an good number 14 becuse of his versaltility.

Pete W

Bencher
What is our long term plan? We dont seem to have one. DCE is 35 years of age and turns 36 next February.We need a plan beyond 2025. We need an apprentice with talent that gets a run in first grade from time to time. Jake Arthurs unfortunatelky broke his foot but Jamie Humphries has been playing consisently well and the Blacktown Workers have been winning. In view of our cicrumstances common sense would have demanded that Humphries play 7 and Brooks 6. Why on earth didn't that happen even if he had already agreed to terms with Souths. Lawton is off to the Cowboys next yeat so where is the sense in what Seibold did on the weekend? Brooks is not our future 7 he needs to be playing 6 with a dominant halves partner at 7. Who is that going to be? No disrespect to Jake Arthur but he is not a long term solution at number 7 in my opinion is a an good number 14 becuse of his versaltility.
Hasn't Arthur only ever played halfback? I get people have alluded to him being a possible lock forward one day. Humphreys has played very well in the juniors, but Arthur has played a fair bit of high quality first grade (and in no way am I saying that one is better than the other). I'm just pointing out that as far as right side halfbacks, we have Arthur and Bunting.

And even if neither of these guys turn out good enough, money from DCE'S contract could buy an elite 7 externally - Broncos bought Reynolds, Cowboys Townsend and Dearden, Sharks Hynes, Dogs Burton, Roosters Keary etc etc.

I think people here are getting a little too worked up over DCE succession plan, or lack of. None of these clubs mentioned developed a succession plan. Don't you need to be successful to even talk of succession? I mean fair dinkum, are we worried that we'll drop from 12th to 14th?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18