2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Like I said in another thread, I hope he turns out to be like the coal train Dave Taylor. All skill and power, but lazy and never reached his full potential. Another wasted talent. Not mentioning the Shu...

Like I said in another thread, I hope he turns out to be like the coal train Dave Taylor. All skill and power, but lazy and never reached his full potential. Another wasted talent. Not mentioning the Shu...
Lazy? Wasted talent?

Fifita averages 16 runs a game. That is the most of any edge in the game this year and second in forwards only to AFB.

He also averages 25 tackles a game.

His work ethic is not an issue.

Fifita off to the Roosters, we've seen players like him, AFB, JFH, Lomax and to lesser degrees Finefeuiaki and Turuva already on the move for the next season whilst we are about 3-4 players short of even having a top 30, and supposedly freed up cash by releasing Schuster

I wonder if we are looking to improve our roster now or if are just waiting until the end of the season again, when all the quality available players are gone and all that's left for us are the scraps we love to sign. Hard to see it being any different from the last 8+ years
Look at the $$ that those players were commanding.Manly couldn’t afford them and other than AFB and JFH,who was only going to NZ,who of the others would actually improve Manly?
The market is very bare at the moment but as much as Isaac Moses is quite the questionable character,like most agents,he is one of the most powerful ones going around

Lazy? Wasted talent?

Fifita averages 16 runs a game. That is the most of any edge in the game this year and second in forwards only to AFB.

Not sure anyone would put Fifita in the Taylor class,he’s a very good player and will only get better.A Manly supporter should never bag him either,given how destructive he’s been against them over the years

Lazy? Wasted talent?

I was referring to Taylor not Fifita

Regarding the Roosters: one has to ask why there's been a massive player exodus? I think something will come out. They breed a mercenary culture there. They are a meat factory. They'll take a promising career, demand too much and screw them and place them in the junk heap. Examples:

Lama Tasi
Michael Oldfield
Jack Elsegood

and many, many others. The meat factory is always grinding. BUT, they want any player in or outside the NRL, they do get them.

Bought Liam Knight from us and discarded him in his first year of a 3 year deal.

Now that Fi Fi has gone to the roosters it puts Crichton in limbo sought of. He is in good form. At least chase him. Are looking at anybody for stuff sakes, We always say have good depth now,until we get injuries and then we have to fall back on Waddell and woods. That aint good depth. Feel free to add to the list

Now that Fi Fi has gone to the roosters it puts Crichton in limbo sought of. He is in good form. At least chase him. Are looking at anybody for stuff sakes, We always say have good depth now,until we get injuries and then we have to fall back on Waddell and woods. That aint good depth. Feel free to add to the list
Easts won't let Crichton go. If he did leave it would be the lure of playing rugby internationally. No NRL club can compete with Easts in recruitment. Just look over the past few years at the best players who have hit the market and been the subject of a recruitment chase. My memory is SBW, Cronk, Brandon Smith, Dom Young... and now Fifita.
Why would Fifita go to Easts for $150,000 less per season than his current contract? "To win a premiership" I've hear it said. So, if that was a motivating factor why wouldn't you go to the three-time premiers, Penrith?

Maybe once DCE goes along with a few others in the next couple of seasons we'll be able to compete for a top shelf player or two.

Need to remunerate Jake and Tom
Time for DCE to retire and into coaching / media
Find an actual Hooker
Find an actual Lock
Need a labotomy in the forwards
Need a centre
Lose injury prone players (balance cap) - let other clubs pay to rehab them

01. Tolu Koula
02. Jason Saab (his injuries are concerning)
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Tommy Talau
06. Luke Brooks
07. Jamie Humphreys
08. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu

14. Jake Arthur
15. Ethan Bullemor
16. Jake Trbojevic (c) - wayy too slow to start

Nathan Brown: too injured all the time
Aaron Woods: games moved past him
Tom Trbojevic: too injured all the time
Ben Trbojevic: too injured and average all the time
Matt Lodge: games moved past him
DCE - it's time (averaged 10th over the past decade)
Josh Aloiai - games moved past him
Josh Schuster - already released
Karl Lawton - already released
Toff Sipley - Blacktown and depth only cover
Find Upgrade on the others - Condon, Matterson, James (they don't have first grade quality about them)

With all the cap space back , You can balance the books MUCH better. We can't keep paying massive dollars to rehab players anymore.

It's been a decade of complete **** (average 10th).

Over to you recruitment and retention.

Blake Mozer (hooker) 18 yo contracted with Brisbane to 2025. Worth a thought on 1 November this year to come in 2026 as Crocker replacement. If we were the Roosters he could come next week but we’re not the Roosters 😀

Jayden Sa’u 26 years old and proven second row. Offer decent 3 years deal. Oka and Sa’u as second row would be really dominant and help or forward rotation.
Couldn't agree more. I'm not sure if they play on the same edge or not though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12