2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was about to say that really puts the Cuzzy Bros in serious contender category with both AFB and now JFH… but, then remembered AFB is off to the Sharks. Phew for everyone else.
Yeah pretty much a wash for the Wahs. Both are in the top echelon of props.

So, the big loser is Penrith. But knowing them they will be ok.

I’d take AFB over JFH but he is as close as they’ll get to a genuine replacement.

AFB’s late footwork to get between defenders, steal another 6-7m and get up quickly to play the ball is so valuable. I think he is the most effective middle in the game. Not to mention is 8 years of FG, I cannot recall a single instance where he was dominated in a big tackle. It’s impossible to smash him.

I can’t see how we’d be able to able to afford Fafita. I doubt the club would want two million dollar edge forwards on the books. It’s a lot of money tied up in two positions.

I also think Fafita would be better utilised in the middle. He catches a cold on an edge. His late footwork and strength would cause havoc around the ruck.
Fifita back on about 850k no?

Downgraded on his last contract

Reported at 800k.

Granted I get your point that clubs may offer more but if he is leaving the Titans to win going to a desperate club for cash may not appeal.

Not that I think we are in the convo.

He'd be perfect though.

A

Reported at 800k.

Granted I get your point that clubs may offer more but if he is leaving the Titans to win going to a desperate club for cash may not appeal.

He'd be perfect though.
At a successful club, he would be unstoppable…he has the talent to be anything.

Still need to fill 4 spots in the 30 this season with Schuster likely departing that leaves only 26/30 for this season, could be worth chasing a highly rated junior or two from another club.

Not many decent backrowers available, the Rorters have a warehouse of quality edge forwards with some promising juniors coming through also.

Definitely need some more depth in the 30 to play finals this season, I think Lodge and Brown should be getting contract extensions for 2025 - 2026.

Reported at 800k.

He'd be perfect though.
Even if he was a stop gap player for this season, like the way the panthers used TPJ.

Fifita for Schuster seems too much of a like for like replacement for mine. Potential yes. But.....
Honestly......I cant even get close to seeing what you are seeing.

Fifita has been a media darling, a big money signing, then media target and now somewhere in between it all.

Even when everyone was on his back he was still playing well.....just not 1.2million well.

In 3 games this year, whilst returning from injury he is averaging 147m a game and averaging 26 tackles with 1 miss.

You know what Origin form Olakau'atu is averaging.....146m with 23 tackles and 2 misses.

He is barely warmed up and has a line break, 2 line break assist, 6 tackle busts, 5 offloads.

He is so far and away removed from how Shuster has been the last two years its not even funny.

Worriers show how to do it. How would u replace AFB. Just find the bloke u want. Don't worry about him having 2.5 years of a contract to run. Sort it out. Then the compassionate word comes out. Gee how did AFB leave Man? How did he leave the NZ team?

But seriously who is on and off contract is just immaterial these days. The better teams just get it done.

Fifita has been a media darling, a big money signing, then media target and now somewhere in between it all.

Even when everyone was on his back he was still playing well.....just not 1.2million well.

In 3 games this year, whilst returning from injury he is averaging 147m a game and averaging 26 tackles with 1 miss.

You know what Origin form Olakau'atu is averaging.....146m with 23 tackles and 2 misses.

He is barely warmed up and has a line break, 2 line break assist, 6 tackle busts, 5 offloads.

He is so far and away removed from how Shuster has been the last two years its not even funny.
Pretty sure he hasn't played 80 yet either.

I just think there is stats and then there is the time and place and line they run.

He might be an edge. But dam he seems to hate taking a tough carry and hanging out wide.

Last edited:
Worriers show how to do it. How would u replace AFB. Just find the bloke u want. Don't worry about him having 2.5 years of a contract to run. Sort it out. Then the compassionate word comes out. Gee how did AFB leave Man? How did he leave the NZ team?

But seriously who is on and off contract is just immaterial these days. The better teams just get it done.
The words compassion and prop forward should NEVER be found anywhere near each other

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8