2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Yeah but you are using Manly's past successes as an excuse to rubbish this year's model! The players are different. The opposition is different, the whole competition is different, the actual game itself is different.
Manly will finish where we deserve to finish, you can live in the past if you like but that only makes it harder to deal with the present.
I am Using Manlys Benchmark of Premiership Winning Standards which are lowered and rubbished by our past decade of decline
A benchmark is the measuring stick and standard which we can determine how well we are going .
We need to raise our standards and Live up to our Legendary clubs Greatness if we are to be Great once again at any era

The fact is an organisations Greatest asset are the Great People it acquires
And at every era the Great quality people bring you success
The Storm for example have had great long term success with Bellamy who has been successful through out different competition's and different players
Personally and nothing personal and for the sake of our Legendary club I am wrong but I have no faith in Seibold and we should have gone for a stronger leader and as you say Penn and Mestrov will get what they deserve

Ryan

Journey Man
I am Using Manlys Benchmark of Premiership Winning Standards which are lowered and rubbished by our past decade of decline
A benchmark is the measuring stick and standard which we can determine how well we are going .
We need to raise our standards and Live up to our Legendary clubs Greatness if we are to be Great once again at any era

The fact is an organisations Greatest asset are the Great People it acquires
And at every era the Great quality people bring you success
The Storm for example have had great long term success with Bellamy who has been successful through out different competition's and different players
Personally and nothing personal and for the sake of our Legendary club I am wrong but I have no faith in Seibold and we should have gone for a stronger leader and as you say Penn and Mestrov will get what they deserve

Pretty much sums it up mate

MW66

Reserve Grader
Re Nathan Brown extension. Depends on the terms of his contract. If he is on $500k a season then probably not a good deal. If he is on $250k then I am ok with it. He has been a point of difference coming off the back fence. I would also like to think he has been resigned because a) he is a good role model - look at Manly Way boot camp; b) will work with/mentor the younger forwards; and c) popular member of teh full time squad.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Re Nathan Brown extension. Depends on the terms of his contract. If he is on $500k a season then probably not a good deal. If he is on $250k then I am ok with it. He has been a point of difference coming off the back fence. I would also like to think he has been resigned because a) he is a good role model - look at Manly Way boot camp; b) will work with/mentor the younger forwards; and c) popular member of teh full time squad.
Like any deal the devil is in the detail.

I tend to agree, when on the field he has been good but I hope it was a fairly modest contract.

StuBoot

Bencher
I think he said in the Manly Way that it wasn't about money this year, just to prove to himself ( and others) that he's still got it or something along those lines.
So could assume from that the two year extension wouldn't be breaking the bank and he's realistic with where he's at in his career.

What about that other hooker from the Knights, the brother of the cronulla hooker, I dont think he has resigned up their yet. I know he hasnt set the world on fire up there this year but I reckon get him back on the beaches and he would freshen up

skull61

Bencher
I do actually think one of our biggest problems going forward is our location. Property prices too high for people to buy in or rent plus most of the young talent is fro Western Sydney Pacific Island culture where family is important so the need to be surrounded by family is made difficult because of said property prices

I do actually think one of our biggest problems going forward is our location. Property prices too high for people to buy in or rent plus most of the young talent is fro Western Sydney Pacific Island culture where family is important so the need to be surrounded by family is made difficult because of said property prices
Very good point

Pete W

Bencher
By that logic, Roosters, Sharks, and Rabbitohs would also struggle attracting quality players

Wombat Junior

Premium Member
Tipping Member
can we please just sign one decent player that isn't a tigers reject or a player that can't get a single offer from any other club, I'm so sick of seeing us sign deadbeats, the only signing lately that has proved me wrong after I had doubts has been Tommy Talau who in my opinion has been playing great. Luke Brooks also gave me some hope at the start after saying some choice words about him when we signed him but he has now gone back into his shell.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16