2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Problem is Disco, we keep retaining a group that is around 10th - 11th in the league, like it's done amazing feat.

We need change. I'm at a loss as to what anymore, but it has to be something in order for us to improve.

Anyways ...

If you are the Tigers would you retain Api, Galvin, Bula, S Fainu?

If you are the Titans would you retain Brimson, Fifita, Tino, Fotuaika?

If you are Saints would you retain Hunt, Sua.....Lomax if you could lolz.

A club should always look to retain players of value and address areas of concern.

Ladder position does not in itself determine if an individual player is good or not.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
The early contract extensions we keep giving are a bit strange given how we have performed over the last few years - in the last 18 months we've re-signed the likes of Keppie, Tuipulotu and Schuster, none of whom are even at the club anymore. Parker re-signed for another 2 years at the end of last season and I doubt he plays another game for us either.

That said, can't argue with locking down Paseka, still only 26 and is getting better year after year. Our forwards have been an issue for us but he is certainly not the reason why. I think we just need to be a bit more selective as to who we choose to retain (i.e. I hope we aren't rushing to extend the likes of Lodge, Waddell, Condon etc)

Ryan

Journey Man
If you are the Tigers would you retain Api, Galvin, Bula, S Fainu?

If you are the Titans would you retain Brimson, Fifita, Tino, Fotuaika?

If you are Saints would you retain Hunt, Sua.....Lomax if you could lolz.

A club should always look to retain players of value and address areas of concern.

Ladder position does not in itself determine if an individual player is good or not.

Disagree. Completely.

I'll take those teams, and one up you The Broncos, who acquired Ben Ikin as Sporting Director, who made some VERY tough decisions to cull some of their best players at the time.

So to answer your question, the answer is roster balance. Those clubs you named are all still rubbish (like us). Why is that?

Sometimes, very tough decisions need to occur at clubs in order for them to progress. We've been trash for a decade, because in my view, we don't have decision makers with progressive, pro-active mindsets. We are slow and reactive (i.e. offering Schuster huge dollars before due process, signing injury prone ageing front rowers in the midst of (or having known) serious injury, signing players who are being downgraded and/or who are unwanted by other clubs, by signing a rheem of players from bottom dwelling clubs etc etc etc) - they were just SOME examples, but there is a raft of others (a huge issue is our marquee playing group are under performers at club level).

Disco, we can't keep accepting, supporting, and even celebrating the status quo. We are a habitual bottom feeder for a reason. We are almost rans.

For the people who keep making excuses for the ownership, management, coaches & players here, you all get what you deserve sadly. That's an 11th placed, inconsistent, sub .500 team, that will openly talk about how proud they are of their under-performance (i.e., well, we scored 5 tries, and they are a very tough team). Also, acceptance means change won't happen - so get used to it (as we keep resigning this very same roster).

Last edited:

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Disagree. Completely.

I'll take those teams, and one up you The Broncos, who acquired Ben Ikin as Sporting Director, who made some VERY tough decisions to cull some of their best players at the time.

So to answer your question, the answer is roster balance. Those clubs you named are all still rubbish (like us). Why is that?

Sometimes, very tough decisions need to occur at clubs in order for them to progress. We've been trash for a decade, because in my view, we don't have decision makers with progressive, pro-active mindsets. We are slow and reactive (i.e. offering Schuster huge dollars before due process, signing injury prone ageing front rowers in the midst of (or having known) serious injury, signing players who are being downgraded and/or who are unwanted by other clubs, by signing a rheem of players from bottom dwelling clubs etc etc etc) - they were just SOME examples, but there is a raft of others.

Disco, we can't keep accepting, supporting, and even celebrating the status quo. We are a habitual bottom feeder for a reason. We are almost rans.

For the people who keep making excuses for the ownership, management, coaches & players here, you all get what you deserve sadly. That's an 11th placed, inconsistent, sub .500 team, that will openly talk about how proud they are of their under-performance (i.e., well, we scored 5 tries, and they are a very tough team). Also, acceptance means change won't happen - so get used to it (as we keep resigning this very same roster).
Who specifically at the Broncos?

There young stars were maturing, they did not let go of a Haas, Carrigan, Staggs, Farnworth etc.

Glenn and Boyd, were past it and on the way out.

Fifita and Coates were poached/sqeezed out.

Letting Dearden go was a mistake.

Milford...maybe.

If anything, Brisbane are the exact opposite example of tearing the place aprat and restarting.

They stayed the course with their youth, Haas, Carrigan, Flegler, Mam, Fairnworth, Staggs and suplemented them with the experienced Reynolds.

Im all for changes but I think when you invest in young players like Paseka and you put in the hard yards and get them to the level where they are really making a significant impact. It makes logical sense then to lock them in for their prime.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Cook is an interesting one......does he have enough in the tank dor us to throw our hat in the ring for a two year deal.

I'm not sure, reckon it could go either way

Eagle 1

First Grader
Brown's extension till end 2026 was not expected (by me). Given his age and injury history I can only assume there is something in his hard-nosed attitude and approach to the game that Manly thinks we need, if only to influence younger players coming through.
Which is possible, I suppose. A modest deal money-wise though, surely.
I'd say so, but if Browns new deal is on a need to know basis, I'll be worried.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Disco, we can't keep accepting, supporting, and even celebrating the status quo. We are a habitual bottom feeder for a reason. We are almost rans
The only thing wrong with that argument is that 2024 Manly is a totally different side to 2015 Manly, and all the other versions in between.
True, in common they share that they have not won the comp or even made a GF.
However I can see differences even from last year.
I think for we fans who have watched for 10+ years it's understandable to think here we go again, also rans. But I can see this 2024 version finishing the year strongly, even though we're currently low on the table.
Maybe I'm too optimistic, time will tell :)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Extending Brown till end 2026 was unexpected (by me).
Given his age and injury history I can only assume his hard-nosed approach to the game is something Manly feels is important, if only to influence other players coming through.
I guess!
Surely not on big money though.
The Extension of Brown till the end of 2026 means its the end of Aaron Woods tenure as a Manly player
Brown is an on field upgrade on Woods IF... he stays injury free

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I think for we fans who have watched for 10+ years it's understandable to think here we go again, also rans. But I can see this 2024 version finishing the year strongly, even though we're currently low on the table.
Maybe I'm too optimistic, time will tell :)
I hope we live up to our Legendary clubs Great Premiership winning standards
We have gone from our Golden years of dominance to over a decade of decline
Our Proud club deserves better than the last decade of decline .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Don't you think you finish where you deserve to finish? I've heard many coaches etc trot out that line.
Excuses are the Crutches of The Underachievers.
and I do think that underachievers deserve where they finish .
I was referring to our Legendary clubs Proud Winning History that deserves better from its decade of decline failures
1718247595672.png

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Excuses are the Crutches of Underachievers.
Yeah but you are using Manly's past successes as an excuse to rubbish this year's model! The players are different. The opposition is different, the whole competition is different, the actual game itself is different.
Manly will finish where we deserve to finish, you can live in the past if you like but that only makes it harder to deal with the present.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16