2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Would stay away from Matterson. Really hasn't been the same player since 2022. 29 years old and I think his best footy is past him. Also comes off as a bit of an arrogant dude who thinks he is bigger than the club as shown in that suspension saga he had not too long ago. I get the brother link he has with the club but much better ways to spend our money.

Now that the Schuster question has been answered and the freeing of some salary cap this year and on I would hesitate on rash upgrades for a few months. Focus on one or two top signings then Start throwing upgrades around.

Its a balancing act really. We didn't gamble on Gutho following his ACL and look how that panned out. We gambled on Schuster and look how that panned out. You are damned if you do and damned if your don't. I'd be extending both Lodge and Brown sensibility asap. They add what our pack has lacked for years. Power and aggression which is contagious and influences the rest of the pack. All of a sudden we have a fearsome pack of forwards. Injury in this game is down to luck. The club must have their eyes on someone but nowadays they are operating in stealth which is smart. Look at the Brooks signing.

Its a balancing act really. We didn't gamble on Gutho following his ACL and look how that panned out. We gambled on Schuster and look how that panned out. You are damned if you do and damned if your don't. I'd be extending both Lodge and Brown sensibility asap. They add what our pack has lacked for years. Power and aggression which is contagious and influences the rest of the pack. All of a sudden we have a fearsome pack of forwards. Injury in this game is down to luck. The club must have their eyes on someone but nowadays they are operating in stealth which is smart. Look at the Brooks signing.
Personally I have no issue with Gutho not being at Manly… the guy is a w*nker…

Brown I would extend whereas I could care less if we let Lodge go…

Agree the Queen is a wanker of the highest order & thank God he was released. As for Brown & Lodge both should be re-signed ASAP!!!

Both have been nothing but injured since being here mate. You sure that's what you want / need on an already very fragile team?

Jackson Topine was in the NSW cup team of the year in 2022 and a highly rated junior.
Got screwed by doggys and is sueing them.

Worth a look.

Jackson Topine was in the NSW cup team of the year in 2022 and a highly rated junior.

Worth a look.
Speaking of Topine
If only we could afford Tapine, or do I hear the name Cam Murray 🙏😅
Either of those huge rookies from Broncos and Dogs would be welcome, at a far less cost.....but perhaps an agile backrower would be ideal in all honesty and there are a few around who may be getable for 2025

Both have been nothing but injured since being here mate. You sure that's what you want / need on an already very fragile team?
Yeah I was not huge on signing Lodge in the first place and I am not convinced there is a real need to keep him… he has played some good games without wowing me and now he has picked up a serious knee injury… plus he has to be upgraded to a contract reminiscent of his most recent one which, imo, is waaay too much…

brown is a low-risk signing… short term, low cost contract and he seemed like a real leader in The Manly Way…

Worth a look.
I do not want any “poor me, I am going home to suck my thumb and coming back with lawyers”-type players thanks…

You get paid excellent money to do as your told and show up on time… if it is too much, f*ck off and lay bricks (and see how long you think wrestling blokes was harder)

So that’s a no from me 🤣

I do not want any “poor me, I am going home to suck my thumb and coming back with lawyers”-type players thanks…

You get paid excellent money to do as your told and show up on time… if it is too much, f*ck off and lay bricks (and see how long you think wrestling blokes was harder)

So that’s a no from me 🤣
Obviously two sides to a story.

Maybe the past events make the man.
Lord knows I've made mistakes, learnt from some of them.

Me too but I knew a good thing when I was onto it too…

We just got rid of Schuster, I would not suggest jumping into the next young “star” that feels hard done-by…
He would be cheap, and start in blacktown. Obviously he would be interviewed hard and asked to pass Psy tests.

If Lodge gets through the rest of the season and his body holds up he could well get another 3 or 4 full seasons out of his body. He is a big risk but the rewards could also be great. He is an enforcer when he is fit and firing. We started turning a corner last year in those two games before he got injured. He had a couple of cracker games and added some much needed starch to our pack. I hope his body is kind to him because he really is a great old school tough running forward.

He is a massive boost to our current lineup and made the second most running metres in our forwards (Behind Paseka) in his very first game back.

Last edited:
Yeah I was not huge on signing Lodge in the first place and I am not convinced there is a real need to keep him… he has played some good games without wowing me and now he has picked up a serious knee injury… plus he has to be upgraded to a contract reminiscent of his most recent one which, imo, is waaay too much…

brown is a low-risk signing… short term, low cost contract and he seemed like a real leader in The Manly Way…
The few games Lodge played last season he made an impact and I dare say was the best forward in his short stint at Manly. I would be resigning him asap.

Our next couple of ins are big for the club.

Who replaces the shoe?

Seibs shaping his list. A player to suit his style, with attributes he wants to add to the team.

Will Penn give him dollars to get what he wants. Hey what. Sombrero. Where.

Will this backrower be final piece to our team list puzzle.

The few games Lodge played last season he made an impact and I dare say was the best forward in his short stint at Manly. I would be resigning him asap.
I agree had some games where he was our best forward on the park but I think that said more about the standard of the other forwards than anything else. Just my opinion, but nothing about his game made me think we need to retain him at any cost.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8