2024 Casualty Ward

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Sunday, 25 Feb 2024) * * *

Sea Eagles back-rower Josh Schuster won't travel to Las Vegas for the historic double-header after Manly made the decision to give him extra time to overcome the calf strain which ruled him out of the Pre-Season Challenge.

“The medical staff has said that due to ongoing tightness, that medically we’re not comfortable having him return to play and that we want to take a more conservative approach,'' coach Anthony Seibold said.

“We will leave him here [in Australia] hoping that he will return in the near future with the expectation that he will be playing again from round two.”

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Josh Aloiai (Shoulder, Round 1)
  • Josh Schuster (Calf, Round 2)
  • Matthew Lodge(Knee, Round 6-8)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Matthew Lodge(Knee, Round 5)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Sunday, 03 Mar 2024) * * *

The Sea Eagles were dealt a blow late in their Round 1 win victory over the Rabbitohs in Las Vegas with Jason Saab suffering a hamstring injury.

The prolific winger was having a day out on Manly's right edge, scoring an intercept try and running 248 metres before leaving the field in the 76th minute clutching his right hamstring.

Manly coach Anthony Seibold said post-match he expects Saab to be sidelined for their Round 2 match against the Roosters on March 17.

"Anytime you see one of your real speed men pull up like that it's not ideal. Obviously he'll get scans when we get back to Australia," Seibold said.

"We've got a long turnaround and it's probably doubtful he'll play in that Roosters game but whenever you see a player come off with a hamstring injury it's never going to be a five or seven day turnaround."

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Jason Saab (Hamstring, TBC)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (Suspended, Round 4)
  • Matthew Lodge(Knee, Round 6-8)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Matthew Lodge(Knee, Round 5)
  • Jason Saab (Hamstring, TBC)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope so but i think Humphries will come in. He can also cover the halves if needed.
As can Schuster. I see no reason that Schuster can't be a straight swap for Lawton on the bench. (If he is fit and ready to play, of course) It would mean Croker potentially playing very long minutes at hooker, but Schuster can cover the halves, back row and lock. I would move Jake to starting prop, Brown to lock and Aloiai to the bench.

Schuster
Waddell
Bullemore
Aloiai

As can Schuster. I see no reason that Schuster can't be a straight swap for Lawton on the bench. (If he is fit and ready to play, of course) It would mean Croker potentially playing very long minutes at hooker, but Schuster can cover the halves, back row and lock. I would move Jake to starting prop, Brown to lock and Aloiai to the bench.

Schuster
Waddell
Bullemore
Aloiai
Waddell can make way for Shuster. We need to be able to give Croker a break. Humphries to get a shot. We still have Lodge and Sipley to battle for spots. I think we haven't seen the end of Parker yet either. Will make a decent backrower who can cover centre as well. We have much better depth this year and got rid of alot of deadwood in the process. Fair play to Seibold

I will be surprised if Garrick is not out for at least the next round, maybe one or two more. Saab will be at least 5 rounds.

I will be surprised if Garrick is not out for at least the next round, maybe one or two more. Saab will be at least 5 rounds.
And so it begins, injuries start to pile up once more and we've only just started the season.

It’s.the nature of the game unfortunately and that’s why each team has to have depth.

I note that Tommy Talau has been named on the right wing for Blacktown, so that may be somewhat of an indicator as to what Seibs is thinking to replace Saab.

The Eagles may have an opposed session on the weekend, so that may be why the other guys are not playing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8