2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah agree sipley 35 minutes a game has big impact on go forward, i just can't see strategy of 4 power props in 17 changing. Bully needs to look alot better and tbh needs develop in nsw cup as does Benny Turbo.
Oh yeah, forgot about Burbo, make or break year for him as well. Hope he's sized up a bit, could be real handful on the edges him being tall and all.

My round 1 team:
1. turbo
2. tippy toes
3. garrick
4. koula
5. ray
6. schu
7. chez
8. aloiai
9.lachie
10. paseka
11. shmoley
12. kelma
13. jakey
14. weekes
15. condon
16. bully
17. keppie/sipley

obviously will change after trials depending on how some of the lads go

I can't imagine any opposition team being concerned about playing against Harper or Parker. Hoping the coaches give the young guys an opportunity instead.
On their day these players can hold their own

But to own the premiership trophy we need more dominant striking centres that have the ability to own the game against quality opposition because it is the quality opposition that we must be competitive against to qualify for the finals and win a premiership

Every season Teams endeavour to evolve and this is why clubs keep recruiting

The Moral of the story
The Benchmark towards excellence is on going
We can do better with players that just hold their own

Own your opponent and you own the Game

Tom Trbojevic of Manly is tackled by Waqa Blake of the Eels during ...

Own your opponent and you Own the Game

The Intimidating and Aggressive Show no Mercy Manly Sea eagles !
Manly Sea Eagles centre Steve Matai to miss two weeks with shoulder injury

Ok so based off tonight's first trial (and yes I know it's early days)... the following players imo showed that they could play a decent role In 2023:

• Myers
  • Johns
  • fainu
  • Fifita
  • burbo
  • Gordon

What is of real concern is our lack of depth of genuine wingers.... with Garrick wanting to play centre I'm afraid one of the "spare" centres we have may need to play wing!

Ok so based off tonight's first trial (and yes I know it's early days)... the following players imo showed that they could play a decent role In 2023:

• Myers
  • Johns
  • fainu
  • Fifita
  • burbo
  • Gordon

What is of real concern is our lack of depth of genuine wingers.... with Garrick wanting to play centre I'm afraid one of the "spare" centres we have may need to play wing!

I'd love to see Myers given an "early" opportunity to fight for one of the wing spots .........

• Myers
  • Johns
  • fainu
  • Fifita
  • burbo
  • Gordon

Weekes and saab would make a decent wing pairing imo. I don’t think Garrick moving to centre really improves the side. I think Parker or myers would be better suited.

• Myers
  • Johns
  • fainu
  • Fifita
  • burbo
  • Gordon

Vaega looks the goods. I'd like to see him get a run

Time for a yart - think this might be the team to start the season barring injuries:

1. Tom
2. Garrick
3. Parker or Harper?
4. Koula
5. Weekes? Maybe vaega?
6. Schuster
7. Dce
8. Aloiai
9. Crocker
10. Keppie
11. Tuilagi
12. Haumole
13. Jake

14. Weekes/ burbo
15. Paseka
16. Bullemore
17. Fifita

Feel like weekes would be a good utility but not sold/ concerned with the guys last night on the wing (in defence - maybe vaega slightly ahead of tui)... if weekes was to take the wing spot then maybe burbo onto the bench....

Thoughts?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4