2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
interesting who will be filling in at full back in the trials with Turbo presumedly in recovery mode . No doubt Garrick or Weekes but got the impression that Weekes may be given a go as the 6 as well after the Shu . Have to assume that Koula will automatically nail down one centre spot , Vagea no doubt keen to press his cause as will Tippey Toes no doubt . Real expectation in the forward mix , better to get some settled combinations however sooner rather then latter .

Pete. U need to believe. With Tommy back and another season for our young guys, we will be good.
The new coaching team will ensure that the same players will make up a different team, no more lazy ownership of roles but a competitive structure that will bring out the best in players who in the past have had to prove nothing, for a change we will see natural evolution of the top side with those not prepared to follow strategy shifted and replaced with youth and enthusiasm, the days of mediocrity are behind us. At least that is my expectation under Seibold and Flanagan

interesting who will be filling in at full back in the trials with Turbo presumedly in recovery mode . No doubt Garrick or Weekes but got the impression that Weekes may be given a go as the 6 as well after the Shu . Have to assume that Koula will automatically nail down one centre spot , Vagea no doubt keen to press his cause as will Tippey Toes no doubt . Real expectation in the forward mix , better to get some settled combinations however sooner rather then latter .
Yeah, the trials in recent years have left me a bit cold when it comes to giving any real indication for the coming year. Can't put my finger on one thing why that might be. Lack of talent available?? Lack of any creative development of players?? Not sure. The good thing is that most of the players will probably feature, have now had some 1st Grade exposure. I'm really looking forward to seeing what we've got to work with but REALLY worried it'll leave me more pessimistic about the coming season.

Yeah, the trials in recent years have left me a bit cold when it comes to giving any real indication for the coming year. Can't put my finger on one thing why that might be. Lack of talent available?? Lack of any creative development of players?? Not sure. The good thing is that most of the players will probably feature, have now had some 1st Grade exposure. I'm really looking forward to seeing what we've got to work with but REALLY worried it'll leave me more pessimistic about the coming season.
Guess that there should be a bit of added anticipation this trial series even just how well the Shu will go and with a new coaching set up with any noticeable or different playing structures Let"s face it . with Foz gone , need someone to step up as a capable 6 fairly early . Admittedly some stages just going through the motions as usual but should be added interest again with the likes of Tuilagi , Condon , Tuitavake , Fifita and even Sykes in the forwards keen to prove themselves . Not overlooking young Fulton , Chan and Humphries as well . Really hope that Fletcher - Myers can get a run too in the centres , seems to have all of the indications of a quite talented kid . Just also looking for some early all round commitment and particularly some really serious focus on defence . May as well start as early as possible also trying to rectify the or some prior deficiencies there .

Guess that there should be a bit of added anticipation this trial series even just how well the Shu will go and with a new coaching set up with any noticeable or different playing structures Let"s face it . with Foz gone , need someone to step up as a capable 6 fairly early . Admittedly some stages just going through the motions as usual but should be added interest again with the likes of Tuilagi , Condon , Tuitavake , Fifita and even Sykes in the forwards keen to prove themselves . Not overlooking young Fulton , Chan and Humphries as well . Really hope that Fletcher - Myers can get a run too in the centres , seems to have all of the indications of a quite talented kid . Just also looking for some early all round commitment and particularly some really serious focus on defence . May as well start as early as possible also trying to rectify the or some prior deficiencies there .
yep, some early indication that the defence has been a major focus in the off season, would be very good to see.

The new coaching team will ensure that the same players will make up a different team, no more lazy ownership of roles but a competitive structure that will bring out the best in players who in the past have had to prove nothing, for a change we will see natural evolution of the top side with those not prepared to follow strategy shifted and replaced with youth and enthusiasm, the days of mediocrity are behind us. At least that is my expectation under Seibold and Flanagan
I certainly hope so!

You have summarised this well Al. Certainly a big "added anticipation' this year given all the changes to staff and potential younger players into the equation. I never got this with Des as you knew he was always going to stick with the more experienced players anyway even though some glaring deficiencies there. The new world now so fingers crossed.

Re Fletch Myers....big fan here. Massive potential with this kid. Hope he grabs the opportunity by the neck. Would make a lethal combination in the centres with Tolu.

You have summarised this well Al. Certainly a big "added anticipation' this year given all the changes to staff and potential younger players into the equation. I never got this with Des as you knew he was always going to stick with the more experienced players anyway even though some glaring deficiencies there. The new world now so fingers crossed.

Re Fletch Myers....big fan here. Massive potential with this kid. Hope he grabs the opportunity by the neck. Would make a lethal combination in the centres with Tolu.
Another factor could be now the new trials format and if this may alter a bit the coaching staff 's approach . Still would expect a priority to be trying to get some worthwhile combinations and testing out the new guys or other up and comers . Maybe an extra incentive to get the defence in some better order with the new trial 's format again . just have to wait and see , Also just have an inkling that both Weekes and Fletcher Myers could add something really good for Manly going forward but first have to get the right opportunities and then strive to that next necessary required level .

Another factor could be now the new trials format and if this may alter a bit the coaching staff 's approach . Still would expect a priority to be trying to get some worthwhile combinations and testing out the new guys or other up and comers . Maybe an extra incentive to get the defence in some better order with the new trial 's format again . just have to wait and see , Also just have an inkling that both Weekes and Fletcher Myers could add something really good for Manly going forward but first have to get the right opportunities and then strive to that next necessary required level .
Yes good format but with only $100k pot at the end not sure this would change any coaches idea / mind / motivation / selection. I think the big driver for our new coaching staff will to get a sneak peak at potential new players and combinations.....both in attack and (hopefully) in defence. Hey, can only get better from last year...right???

Just remember Seibold brought a number of young Broncos (particularly forwards) into first grade pretty quickly eg Carrigan, Flegler, Hopoate, Palasia, Bullemore etc
In 2019 the Broncos had the youngest average age for the forward pack, than any other NRL team.
I would imagine he will do the same with some of our younger players as well, and expect to see them playing regular first grade much earlier than if Des was still the coach.
hopefully this does happen. i would love to see Samuela fainu, gordon chan and raymond vaega get. a bit of a run

hopefully this does happen. i would love to see Samuela fainu, gordon chan and raymond vaega get. a bit of a run

Do you think that if he does it and it succeeds that Barrett will take credit for starting the the process with the juniors years back?

this is the team im hoping to see for round 1. plz lmk what youse think ..

1. Tom Trbojevic
  2. Raymond Vega
  3. Reuben Garrick
  4. Toluatu Koula
  5. Kaeo Weekes
  6. Josh Schuster
  7. Daly cherry evans
  8. Jake Trbojevic
  9. Lachlan Crocker
  10. Kelma Tuilagi
  11. Haumole Olakauatu
  12. Samuela Fainu
  13. Ben Condon
  14. Ben Trbojevic
  15. Josh alioi
  16. Sean Keppie
  17. Taniela paeska

1. Tom Trbojevic
  2. Raymond Vega
  3. Reuben Garrick
  4. Toluatu Koula
  5. Kaeo Weekes
  6. Josh Schuster
  7. Daly cherry evans
  8. Jake Trbojevic
  9. Lachlan Crocker
  10. Kelma Tuilagi
  11. Haumole Olakauatu
  12. Samuela Fainu
  13. Ben Condon
  14. Ben Trbojevic
  15. Josh alioi
  16. Sean Keppie
  17. Taniela paeska

Pretty decent line up. I think Samuela Fainu is a long shot, but he's got a good reputation and just maybe he could get in the mix. And I like Weekes on the wing, to start off his career and a good support for Turbo behind the lines.

1. Tom Trbojevic
  2. Raymond Vega
  3. Reuben Garrick
  4. Toluatu Koula
  5. Kaeo Weekes
  6. Josh Schuster
  7. Daly cherry evans
  8. Jake Trbojevic
  9. Lachlan Crocker
  10. Kelma Tuilagi
  11. Haumole Olakauatu
  12. Samuela Fainu
  13. Ben Condon
  14. Ben Trbojevic
  15. Josh alioi
  16. Sean Keppie
  17. Taniela paeska
I like your line up - full of youthful exuberance! If Samuela is selected early in the season, I expect it would be most likely be on the bench.

I would like to see Chan selected on the bench for dummy half rotation (injection in attack & defence). I've never seen Roache play, so can't really comment on him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4