2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Trouble is Merchant that Weekes, despite some junior play as 5/8, has mainly played full back and has been working hard apparently as Turbo's understudy. He'd do the job, but having Schuster at lock will ensure he leaves. Is that the best use of resources available? Outside Schuster at centre (and I know you'll say he hasnt played centre much either), would give him the space to use his speed and clever style, a kind of Jamie Lyon. And we need him available to cover for Turbo if those injuries continue to plague him or even to switch Turbo to centre and have Weekes at the back. That makes a very strong back line dont you think?

Ha! Just saw this - great minds think alike mate.

Ha! Just saw this - great minds think alike mate.

Of course that may suit us but we all know how conservative Des is. If Parker stays, he'll be one of the centres. If not he'll use Harper. If we've learned anything about Des, its that he only changes if its forced on him. Mind you if he has a good team he's usually a good coach. Its just getting him to put the best players on the field, at least as I see it..

Am I the only one who comes here every day with complete hope in my heart to see that bold Rumours and Signings thread showing something new - hoping it's a Manly player coming ?

Only to be met with tumbleweed haha
Yep me too. Signings have to come surely. 5 gone, 1 signed, promotions into the thirty for a couple of the younger ones (guessing that will happen given it will be the cheapest option) means we still would have a couple of spots in our 30 to fill. That's without any possible releases of players still contracted. Maybe they're waiting until 2023 membership is on sale to release the good news......

Yep me too. Signings have to come surely. 5 gone, 1 signed, promotions into the thirty for a couple of the younger ones (guessing that will happen given it will be the cheapest option) means we still would have a couple of spots in our 30 to fill. That's without any possible releases of players still contracted. Maybe they're waiting until 2023 membership is on sale to release the good news......
It's going to be a long summer

Yep, and unfortunately the cricket doesn't interest me as much as it used to either. That was a good distraction in years gone by.
Ever since we got busted cheating red-handed I just haven’t been able to get into it as much as I used too. I know plenty of other teams have been caught, maybe it was just blind naivety, that made me think we were above cheating to that degree.

Yep, and unfortunately the cricket doesn't interest me as much as it used to either. That was a good distraction in years gone by.

My interest in cricket slowed when they concentrated too much in baseball like games such as the 20s and when Phil Hughes was accidentally killed. Never felt as strongly about the game after all that

Breaking news !!!!!

Just for you @Merchant Of Doom

I have some inside knowledge.

Due to overspending our cap we only have room for 21 players ( not 30) in 2023 , so we will need to unload another 2/3 to get it balanced.

And due to this we’ve signed an agreement with the NRL for special dispensation to bring up some country boys each week to fill in the spaces , to this end we’ve come to agreement with the Walgett Warriors and the Toomelah Tigers to rotate 9 players each week through our system.

Due to budget constraints they won’t actually train , simply bussed in and out for each game.

Apparently a “ Go Fund Me” page is being established to cover travel expenses and their jerseys.

All this to be announced #nextweek

So there mate , I’m sure that’ll put your mind at ease and you can now go out and enjoy the off season knowing we are on for a cracker year in 2023.

Breaking news !!!!!

Due to overspending our cap we only have room for 21 players ( not 30) in 2023 , so we will need to unload another 2/3 to get it balanced.

And due to this we’ve signed an agreement with the NRL for special dispensation to bring up some country boys each week to fill in the spaces , to this end we’ve come to agreement with the Walgett Warriors and the Toomelah Tigers to rotate 9 players each week through our system.

Due to budget constraints they won’t actually train , simply bussed in and out for each game.

Apparently a “ Go Fund Me” page is being established to cover travel expenses and their jerseys.

So there mate , I’m sure that’ll put your mind at ease and you can now go out and enjoy the off season knowing we are on for a cracker year in 2023.
What a **** shop, if we aren’t the laughing stock of the NRL already, who in the bloody hell manages our cap anyway, piss them off, useless.
So we go into 23 with a squad of 21 and a bunch of bushies, (no offence to the bushies) what chance are we, no quality recruitment, a loss of some quality first graders, suspicions there’s still an internal divide in the playing group, a power struggle up front, Gee we have so much to look forward to next year.
How about we blow the place up and start again, might be the only chance to get things right, the BS surrounding our club and the a total lack of professionalism needs to end, it appears our future looks very bleak, may even be time for some kind of intervention, to get things heading in the right direction.
Fancy fuking your cap up so badly you end up with a squad of 21 and require special dispensation to rotate a couple of bush club through your squad every second week to get bye. Win a premiership, make the 8, whatever sounds like we’ll be lucky to survive.

Last edited:
What a **** shop, if we aren’t the laughing stock of the NRL already, who in the bloody hell manages our cap anyway, piss them off, useless.
So we go into 23 with a squad of 21 and a bunch of bushies, (no offence to the bushies) what chance are we, no quality recruitment, a loss of some quality first graders, suspicions there’s still an internal divide in the playing group, a power struggle up front, Gee we have so much to look forward to next year.
How about we blow the place up and start again, might be the only chance to get things right, the BS surrounding our club and the a total lack of professionalism needs to end, it appears our future looks very bleak, may even be time for some kind of intervention, to get things heading in the right direction.
Fancy fuking your cap up so badly you end up with a squad of 21 and require special dispensation to rotate a club of bush club through your squad every second week to get bye. Win a premiership, make the 8, whatever sounds like we’ll be lucky to survive.
Mate, Mark From Brisbane is making a joke...

Fancy fuking your cap up so badly you end up with a squad of 21 and require special dispensation to rotate a club of bush club through your squad every second week to get bye. Win a premiership, make the 8, whatever sounds like we’ll be lucky to survive.
It was very “ tongue in cheek “ mate , just right give everyone a laugh !!

Breaking news !!!!!

I know this was said tongue in cheek, but can you imagine the state of the game day threads if this happened!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6