2023 Pacific Championship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
End of year Pacific Championships for both men & women will be held in 2023 & 2024. Tonga is not included in the men's championship this year.

2023 Pacific Championships Schedule
Week One - October 14-15

Australia v Samoa (men) at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
Australia v New Zealand (women) at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
PNG v Cook Islands (men) at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby
Samoa v Fiji (women) at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby

Week Two - October 21-22
New Zealand v Samoa (men) at Eden Park, Auckland
New Zealand v Tonga (women) at Eden Park, Auckland
Fiji v Cook Islands (men) at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby
PNG v Cook Islands (women) at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby

Week Three - October 28-29
Australia v New Zealand (men) at AAMI Park, Melbourne
Australia v New Zealand (women) at AAMI Park, Melbourne
PNG v Fiji (men) at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby

Week Four - November 4-5
The Final of the men’s Pacific Cup tournament on November 4 in Hamilton, New Zealand
The Final of the men’s Pacific Bowl tournament on November 5 at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby

Why more Football. Cant they see players are burning out, are they that greedy for money. Give the players a break
A significant part of this and it will only become more so, is the part that rugby league can play in the geopolitical pushback against China.

Note where six of the games will be played - Port Moresby - on the frontline of the battle for the ‘hearts and minds’ of the PNG populace, versus China’s financial largesse.

That’s why the PM and the relevant minister, Pat Conroy, were at the announcement.

That’s why it’s imperative that the 18th licence, if and when it’s granted, should go to a Pacifica consortium - based on Port Moresby - with supporting infrastructure back in Cairns and/or Townsville and with federal financial aid if necessary.

Not another NZ team on the South Island. Or a team in Perth. Or a central Queensland team. Or the Bears on the CC.

We cannot continue to drop the ball on S-W Pacific aid and diplomatic influence. Something the current govt understands, but previous governments (dating back decades) failed to.

1. I love international league - so good to see the game keep growing
2. Why no Tonga?
3. What a great boon for Manly. I mean we are only going to have Jake in there...while all the others in the team will be from the big clubs hurting their pre season

2. Why no Tonga?
3. What a great boon for Manly. I mean we are only going to have Jake in there...while all the others in the team will be from the big clubs hurting their pre season
Isn't Tonga touring England?

Tuilagi & Schuster may be picked for Samoa. Could help Josh rebuild confidence.

Isn't Tonga touring England?
Yes

Edit: Haumole & Koula plus maybe Sipley & Paseka could be selected for this tour.

Last edited:
2. Why no Tonga?
I wouldn’t be surprised to see DCE get the call up, if only to keep ‘The Chin’ on his toes.

My care factor about this event is NIL.

1692324403961.png

Jake & DCE included in Meninga's Kangaroos Train On Squad

Bulldogs: Josh Addo-Carr

Cowboys: Reuben Cotter, Valentine Holmes, Reece Robson, Murray Taulagi

Dragons: Ben Hunt, Zac Lomax

Dolphins: Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow

Eels: Reagan Campbell-Gillard, J’maine Hopgood

Rabbitohs: Campbell Graham, Latrell Mitchell, Cameron Murray, Cody Walker

Sea Eagles: Daly Cherry-Evans, Jake Trbojevic.

Titans: Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

The final team will be named after the Grand final.

Jake & DCE included in Meninga's Kangaroos Train On Squad

Bulldogs: Josh Addo-Carr

Cowboys: Reuben Cotter, Valentine Holmes, Reece Robson, Murray Taulagi

Dragons: Ben Hunt, Zac Lomax

Dolphins: Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow

Eels: Reagan Campbell-Gillard, J’maine Hopgood

Rabbitohs: Campbell Graham, Latrell Mitchell, Cameron Murray, Cody Walker

Sea Eagles: Daly Cherry-Evans, Jake Trbojevic.

Titans: Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

The final team will be named after the Grand final.
Lomax, no thank you

Lomax, no thank you
He won't be selected. Already in the squad are possible centres Mitchell, Graham, Tabuai-Fidow & Holmes. Possibilities from the other six teams are Crichton, Staggs & Best.

Edit: Crichton will probably elect to play for Samoa & Staggs for Tonga

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8