2021 squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tevita Funa
3. Moses Suli
4. Dylan Walker
5. Reuben Garrick (gk)
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Kieran Foran
10. Martin Taupau
11. Jack Gowieski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (vc)

14. Cade Cust
15. Sean Keppie
16. Haumole Ola'kautau
17. Sione Fainu/Ben Trbojevic

Positional changes with the addition of Manase Fainu:

6. Foran
9. Fainu
11. Schuster
17. Gowieski.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tevita Funa
3. Moses Suli
4. Dylan Walker
5. Reuben Garrick (gk)
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Kieran Foran
10. Martin Taupau
11. Jack Gowieski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (vc)

14. Cade Cust
15. Sean Keppie
16. Haumole Ola'kautau
17. Sione Fainu/Ben Trbojevic

Positional changes with the addition of Manase Fainu:

6. Foran
9. Fainu
11. Schuster
17. Gowieski.

If Fainu gets back after July trial Des isnt going to change his backline and especially 5/8 if it working

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tevita Funa
3. Dylan Walker
4. Moses Suli
5. Ben Trbojevic - Ill actually try it
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry - vans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Manase Fainu*
10. Martin Taupau
11. Luke Garner?
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Jack Gosiewski/Haumole Ola'kautau/Josh Schuster
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey/Zac Saddler

this is the side I would go with
Cust in front of Schuster.....lolololol

Trbo
Jorgey
Suli
Parker
Garrick
Walker
Dce
Marty
Foran
Paseka
Garner/Davey/Jetski
Sironen
Jurbo
Cust
Keppie
Garner/Davey/Jetski
Sipley/P junior/Olakauatu

Thats probably what we will see run out in 21
That side won't be challenging for a top 8 spot sorry that's laughable and very sad to see if that's what we offer in 2021.

I know it sux balls but do you really think it will be much different
No it won’t I agree with you
really just reality has set in probable need 2021 to clear all deadwood maybe just sneak into the 8 but not until 2022 really be ready to be in contention for a top 4 spot.
knowing it’s going to take that long just hurts.

I don't neccessarily think this is the best lineup but I think it is a good experimental one to offer ideas. Presuming Davey and Garner are certainties and restricting myself from adding in any other unrealistic yart targets.

Experimental team edition
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tevita Funa (a lot of improving needed)
3. Dylan Walker (im slowly warming to this w/ genuine playmakers now)
4. Moses Suli
5. Reuben Garrick (unless we can trade a club for someone else)
6. Keiran Foran (Or schuster, foran to 9, cust to 14, someone else to lock)
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Cade Cust
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Martin Taupau (just an idea so he can play 80 minutes, balance our pack and lead)
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Josh Schuster
14. Andrew Davey
15. Haumole Olakautau (could be a prop, lock or second-rower)
16. Sean Keppie (prop, but needs to improve)
17. Luke Garner (lock to give Schuster a breather)

Bench is very debatable, but I think these four players all try hard, do a job and and could become a consistent unit. Taupau is just an idea as I feel he is more suited to a more stable role as second-rower now as he gets on. So glad we can move beyond our reliance on Taupau and AFB next season. His presence and leadership on that edge could prove useful and would allow for Jake to go back to prop, saving jurbo's body from 80 minutes (and our attack). Meanwhile, bench varies a lot from the forwards in our starting 13 to give us some unpredictability. I feel like Garner will be like Lane, but club junior edition - just needs to work on his defence.

Even if we select the team a lot more conservatively I think we will be positioned for a much stronger season. Cust with an off season at hooker may work ok for us, and outside of that our spine + schuster (who i'd place at 13 or 6) now has some playmakers in it to help bring our backline into the game and bring walker and suli's form back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't neccessarily think this is the best lineup but I think it is a good experimental one to offer ideas. Presuming Davey and Garner are certainties and restricting myself from adding in any other unrealistic yart targets.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tevita Funa (a lot of improving needed)
3. Dylan Walker (im slowly warming to this w/ genuine playmakers now)
4. Moses Suli
5. Reuben Garrick (unless we can trade a club for someone else)
6. Keiran Foran (Or schuster, foran to 9, cust to 14, someone else to lock)
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Cade Cust
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Martin Taupau (just an idea so he can play 80 minutes, balance our pack and lead)
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Josh Schuster
14. Andrew Davey
15. Haumole Olakautau (could be a prop, lock or second-rower)
16. Sean Keppie (prop, but needs to improve)
17. Luke Garner (lock to give Schuster a breather)

Bench is very debatable, but I think these four players all try hard, do a job and and have hint toward consistency. Meanwhile, it is balanced in both size (Keppie, Guac) and versatility (Davey offloads and Garner line-running), varying a lot from the forwards in our starting 13 to give us some unpredictability. I feel like Garner will be like Lane, but club junior edition.

Even if we select the team a lot more conservatively I think we will be positioned for a much stronger season. Cust with an off season at hooker will work well for us I feel, and outside of that our spine + schuster (who i'd place at 13 or 6) now has some playmakers in it to help bring our backline into the game and bring walker and suli's form back.
I love your passion and enthusiasm for our club Harry , At full strength we look the part and if the players play their part to their full potential we are in with a good chance .

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 New Signing --> Jason Saab or Robert Jennings
3 Dylan Walker
4 Moses Suli
5 Tevita Funa
6 Josh Schuster
7 Daly Cherry-Evans (C) (GK)
8 Taniela Paseka
9 Cade Cust
10 Martin Taupau
11 Luke Garner / Sitilit Tupoinoua
12 Curtis Sironen
13 Jake Trbojevic (C)

14 Kieran Foran
15 Haumole Olakau'atu
16 Sean Keppie
17 Ray Stone / Jack Hetherington

Depth: Parker, Taufua (no one will take him), Hoppa, Harper, Dockar-Clay, Nase Fainu (start when back), Saddler, Titmuss, Davey, Sipley, Trbojevic, Croker (no one will take him)

Development: Tuitavate, Weekes, Koula, Pythian, Anderson, Miski, Smalley

Our squad depth has proved shallow, not necessarily on talent but on experience, which is a quality for which there is no substitute in NRL.
And we're losing AFB, Joel, T Rex, Waddell, and Boyle (?) as well as our only experienced dummy half in Levi.
So surely we need to sign at least 3 solid first grade standard forwards, each with 50-100 NRL games experience?
All very well to say we have some talented kids coming through but in reality it takes 2-3 years for most forwards before they are consistently NRL quality.

Our squad depth has proved shallow, not necessarily on talent but on experience, which is a quality for which there is no substitute in NRL.
And we're losing AFB, Joel, T Rex, Waddell, and Boyle (?) as well as our only experienced dummy half in Levi.
So surely we need to sign at least 3 solid first grade standard forwards, each with 50-100 NRL games experience?
All very well to say we have some talented kids coming through but in reality it takes 2-3 years for most forwards before they are consistently NRL quality.

Not sure about Boyle.

If he’s off contract then he’s probably sure to be on the #PURGE list but otherwise may still be here in 2021.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4