2021 squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
General thoughts

Whilst he has a good running game, garners defensive game needs a lot of work.a lot.

I also dont hold out much hope for Suli next year, he is going to be huge and so unfit by the time he can run again, and that injury can take a year for the most dedicated trainers. He was way to heavy and not agile enough this year and he will be way heavier next season.

I really don’t want Parker or croker in the squad at all, they’ve had their chance and just are not good enough.

I don’t think garrick is first grade standard any more. But may make the team based on the fact we don’t have a kicker, but he can’t really kick either anymore. Pity our captain doesn’t think it’s a duty worthy of his time or practice.

Funa looks like a centre or back up fullback only to me, don’t think he looks like a winger at all.

Sironen needs to take the blinkers of and be a team player

Last edited:
I'm going to go with:

1 Tom
2 T Funa
3 Walker
4 Suli
5 Buy large fast winger
6 Forme
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Paseka
9 Buy hooker as place holder for Fainu that's better than Levi
10 Marty
11 Jake (my list i can do what I like)
12 Siro
13 Schuster

14 Cust
15 Keppie
16 Perhaps Davey
17 Haumole

Keiran is not a hooker, first tackle he has to make at hooker his shoulder will explode into a million peices. Just 6 or nothing thanks. When he gets injured we can go play the Walker/Schuster/Cust/Croker game again but until then he stays 6.

DCE is of course our halfback. He won't know himself when he gets a decent halves partner. Should be good viewing.

Walker and Suli is still our best centre pairing. If we had the wingers I would love to see Walker and Funa, they could be great ... but for now Funa is our only decent winger so he has to stay there. We need another. Suli also needs to improve this off-season, but he can be that guy with some hard work, I see his potential. Harper has a future at centre for sure, not quite there and not a winger. Parker's defence is good but we simply need more, sorry scorp. Hoppa I'm not sold on but then again I haven't seen enough to really judge. Miski seems a decent backup winger. How do you solve a problem like Rueben? Was great last year then fell into a hole ... overcoached? Confidence? Second season syndrome? Who knows ... either way he doesn't make my team until he refinds it, gains 7 kgs, relearn to catch and kick for goals and can run 100 metres in 11 seconds. My beloved Jorge will not take to the field again.

Props are fine. Marty, Paseka, Keppie, Davey even the mythical Sipley are all good.

Hooker is urgently required. I'm straight up sick of watching Api fire bullets off the deck to hard running men hitting holes. Oh what could have been. Anyway good luck to him and I will be going for him to win a premiership. Fainu better get off. Either way we gotta buy one ASAFP.

Second row is in good stead with Siro and Haumole. I am throwing a curve ball in and putting Jake there. He's got the ability to really shine as a ball playing second rower (old school inside centre). Thought he would be a great 13 but I dunno what happened there, just finds himself with the ball on the 4th tackle, stands, looks around for a runner, finds nothing then takes a hit up... Garner a solid forth string option and Jetski fifth. I like them all.

Schuster can bring some zip back into the lock position we need and be the fifth "spine" player. I think a talented 13 is essential these days. Locks passing to centres in a three on two situation is pumping out the tries in this new 6 again era.

Buy: If i was Des I would buy two fast, tall, agile wingers who can catch. It's an essential position where we have been lacking for years. I would then buy a good 9 like Starling or whatever, even call some ESL mates surely there's a decent one up there?

Do this and we are insta top 4 material.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tevita Funa
3. Dylan Walker
4. Moses Suli
5. Ben Trbojevic - Ill actually try it
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry - vans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Manase Fainu*
10. Martin Taupau
11. Luke Garner?
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Jack Gosiewski/Haumole Ola'kautau/Josh Schuster
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey/Zac Saddler

this is the side I would go with

Turbo
Saab*
Funa
Harper
Parker
Foran
DCE
Jake
Cust/Fainu*
Paseka
Olakau'atu
Jetski
Schuster
Walker
Sironen
Keppie
Sipley

What happened to Garrick this year. Last season he was a gun and showed so much promise. He also was a great goal kicker. This year he can barely kick a goal and he has been a shadow of the player he was last year and that’s being polite.

I think part of the reason was our 5/8 problem and constant merry go ride in the centres. He wasn't getting good ball.

You can shuffle all the existing and possible Sea Eagles as much as you like.

What we really need is a better team psychologist.

All season, I have noticed that the whole team "drops" after a bit of bad luck or adverse referring decisions. If they get two consecutive negative experiences they are unable to pull their chins out of their navels and the rot sets in further.

Happened today with schoolboy errors of two players going for the ball in goal, followed by a kick out on the full.

Half time sometimes helps with Des's instruction, however in recent months it has been too late and we never fully recover.

I am not saying that they ever stop trying, but negativity creeps into their attitude. Some professional help is required to retrain their football brains, especially with so many younger players expected to be in the team.

You can shuffle all the existing and possible Sea Eagles as much as you like.

What we really need is a better team psychologist.

All season, I have noticed that the whole team "drops" after a bit of bad luck or adverse referring decisions. If they get two consecutive negative experiences they are unable to pull their chins out of their navels and the rot sets in further.

Happened today with schoolboy errors of two players going for the ball in goal, followed by a kick out on the full.

Half time sometimes helps with Des's instruction, however in recent months it has been too late and we never fully recover.

I am not saying that they ever stop trying, but negativity creeps into their attitude. Some professional help is required to retrain their football brains, especially with so many younger players expected to be in the team.

You could be onto something there John and actually I thought most professional sporting teams had that. Self belief is essential in any situation

You could be onto something there John and actually I thought most professional sporting teams had that. Self belief is essential in any situation
The Tits are a perfect example. They had a win then got on a roll, and over the last few weeks they were playing sparkling football. It's a pity they didn't scrape into the top eight because they would have had a better chance than Cronulla.

Trbo
Jorgey
Suli
Parker
Garrick
Walker
Dce
Marty
Foran
Paseka
Garner/Davey/Jetski
Sironen
Jurbo
Cust
Keppie
Garner/Davey/Jetski
Sipley/P junior/Olakauatu

Thats probably what we will see run out in 21

Trbo
Jorgey
Suli
Parker
Garrick
Walker
Dce
Marty
Foran
Paseka
Garner/Davey/Jetski
Sironen
Jurbo
Cust
Keppie
Garner/Davey/Jetski
Sipley/P junior/Olakauatu

Thats probably what we will see run out in 21

Hope not.

• 👍
Reactions: Kez
Buy: If i was Des I would buy two fast, tall, agile wingers who can catch. It's an essential position where we have been lacking for years. I would then buy a good 9 like Starling or whatever, even call some ESL mates surely there's a decent one up there?

Do this and we are insta top 4 material.
We should try get either Fusitua or Maumalo from warriors in return for AFB

Trbojevic
Tyronne Roberts-Davis
Funa
Suli
Saab
Schuster
DCE
Paseka
Foran
Jake
Garner
Gosiewski
Sironen
---------
Cotter
Davey
Olakau'atu
Keppie
Depth..
Manuleleua,S.Ravutaumada (Warriors),I.Vudogo(Broncos),Trbojevic,Harper,Cust,Phythian,Titmuss,Fainu(S),Tuitavake,Fainu(M),Parker,S.Stone(Titans)
Development squad...
Koula,Weekes,ZDC,Pese,Saunders,Nakubawai.

Trbojevic
Tyronne Roberts-Davis
Funa
Suli
Saab
Schuster
DCE
Paseka
Foran
Jake
Garner
Gosiewski
Sironen
---------
Cotter
Davey
Olakau'atu
Keppie
Depth..
Manuleleua,S.Ravutaumada (Warriors),I.Vudogo(Broncos),Trbojevic,Harper,Cust,Phythian,Titmuss,Fainu(S),Tuitavake,Fainu(M),Parker,S.Stone(Titans)
Development squad...
Koula,Weekes,ZDC,Pese,Saunders,Nakubawai.

No Taupau? No Hopa? Maybe Hopa may go but Taupau is signed until the end of 2022

Manly Sea Eagles 2021 Squad

Coach: Des Hasler

1 T Trbojevic
2 J Taufua (Playing For Contract)
3 B Parker (Sign Befor November 1)
4 M Suli
5 R Garrick (Playing For Contract)
6 K Foran (Sign)?
7 D C Evans
8 T Paseka
9 M Fainu
10 M Taupau
11 C Sironen (Playing For Contract)
13 J Trbojevic

14 D Levi (Sign)
15 S Keppie
16 M Boyle (Playing For Contract)
17 H Olakau'atu

18 C Cust
19 D Walker (Playing For Contract)
20 L Crocker (Release)?
21 J Gosiewski (Playing For Contract)
22 T Sipley (Playing For Contract)

24 M Harper
25 T Funa (Playing For Contract)
26 B Musgrove (Playing For Contract)
27 A Miski (Upgrade)
28 J Schuster (Upgrade)
29 K Titmuss (Upgrade)

Development
1 B Trbojevic

Losses: A F Blake, T Williams, J Thompson, C Waddell, S Smith, A Hopoate, L Metcalf, B Elliott.

Targets: J Hethrington, B Afoa, F Kaufusi, S Talakai, K Hipgrave, I Papalii, L Burr,

You guys need a good back rower?

This is what we should have left from this years' squad after the purge is complete:-

CHERRY-EVANS, Daly

CUST, Cade

FAINU, Manase

FUNA, Tevita

GOSIEWSKI, Jack

HARPER, Morgan

KEPPIE, Sean

OLAKAU'ATU, Haumole

PARKER, Brad

PASEKA, Taniela

SCHUSTER, Josh

SIRONEN, Curtis

SULI, Moses

TAUPAU, Martin

TRBOJEVIC, Jake (vc)

TRBOJEVIC, Tom

WALKER, Dylan

Then add TROBJOVEIC, Ben; FAINU, Sione; FORAN, Kieran (a signing I dont agree with). In my mind in a squad of 30 - there are still 10 spots to fill! We might well keep HOPOATE, Albert but gee that really is just on a wish - he was absolutely nothing special from what I have seen. Early days I know but maybe keep him for one more year. But yes loads of space here for additions.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2