2021 - Are Manly truly under the Radar ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bump.
We aren't featuring in any news stories in any NRL media. There's no internal dramas, coach /player issues, management dramas.
We don't get discussed on NRL360 or Matty Johns. We barely rate a mention in game reviews on the frigging Big League Wrap ,100% Footy, Sunday footy show. Deadset Des has us so far under the radar still that nobody knows there's a team sitting in 6th. It's like the blanked out 13th floor in a lot of high rise buildings.
Manly will be back in headlines when they beat the scum in a few weeks 🙏🤫

That was before a ball was kicked .... I had us coming 6th ... but at the time if I had known how quickly Guacamole and Schuster would fire I would have had us as top 3 ...

I think I also thought 6 Woodsie. This rise to prominence has taken me quite by surprise, though I could see they were far better than the first four rounds suggested.

Thanks to losses at fairly critical points we are still under the radar

I dont expect we will beat Melbourne in R21 but I hope we will learn from it. If we do win that encounter then our Under The Radar status will be revoked
Sounds a little like 2008.....got belted by them 1st game in Melbourne....competed and just went down by 4 points at Brookie late season and we all know what happened in the GF

We are not liked by most journos and commentators so we are not talked up by many apart from Soward, Alexander and Roach. If we do beat Melbourne and Parra in the next few weeks all of that will change. Melbourne are due for a loss and we are a better side than the Eels provided we are on. Injuries' will play a big part in the run home for all of the sides. I am excited that we are in striking range.

Last edited:
The thing is though, it doesn't matter what journos are saying. Bellamy, Cleary, Bennett, Arfa and Robinson are all well aware that we are a serious threat, especially with players coming back. Even the Titans coach suggested the same when he said we were more of an attacking threat than the Storm and Penrith.

We are not under the radar for the people that count. The only benefit is that the players aren't reading their own press and getting ahead of themselves.

Under the radar from the journos perspective BUT I’d suggest the coaches of the 5 teams above us would certainly be saying “ radar what radar”!!

We are not liked by most journos and commentators so we are not talked up by many apart from Soward, Alexander and Roach. If we do beat Melbourne and Parra in the next few weeks all of that will change. Melbourne are due for a loss and we are a better side than the Eels provided we are on. Injuries' will play a big part in the run home for all of the sides. I am excited that we are in striking range.
Just remember they play Panthers the week before. We’ll know exactly what’s coming and be ready. They might be on a 2 loss streak after they play us.

Sounds a little like 2008.....got belted by them 1st game in Melbourne....competed and just went down by 4 points at Brookie late season and we all know what happened in the GF

I was thinking about 2008 but realistically Hasler has game plans for every team for every encounter. Melbourne aren't special in this regard, they are just the best at nullifying attacks and exploiting weaknesses.

Last edited:
Thanks to losses at fairly critical points we are still under the radar

I dont expect we will beat Melbourne in R21 but I hope we will learn from it. If we do win that encounter then our Under The Radar status will be revoked
No way we are “under the radar”. Most have us as the third best team and some feel we are most likely to challenge Melb for the comp. it’s a cliche I know but we just need to focus on the match ahead. This week and v Sharks are massive as they likely cement a hone final. Then we can show our wares against the better two teams before a very friendly run home - although Canberra may prove a tough test now.

No way we are “under the radar”. Most have us as the third best team and some feel we are most likely to challenge Melb for the comp. it’s a cliche I know but we just need to focus on the match ahead. This week and v Sharks are massive as they likely cement a hone final. Then we can show our wares against the better two teams before a very friendly run home - although Canberra may prove a tough test now.
Actually there likely will be no such thing as a home final this year, making it even more important to make the 4!

Actually there likely will be no such thing as a home final this year, making it even more important to make the 4!
I think this is a good thing.. it robs Melbourne their two final matches in Melbourne every year. Also, we lose at Brooky more than we win nowadays.

NRL math lol
Inked214582166_10158838729678074_1821344273094801580_n_LI.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4