2021 - Are Manly truly under the Radar ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des is building a better squad and whilst I was not a supporter of Foran returning because of what he had done in the past I hope he provides the leadership that we missed at stages last year. Kieran is 30 years of age and he has the opportunity to finish his career leading a top side but that will take a lot of hard work on his part getting his body and his head right. We also need a couple of forward leaders and I'd like to see Marty take his game to the the next level and become the guy that inspires the rest of the pack. Hopefully Des gives our young talent opportunity to flourish. Things need to fall in place for us starting with good luck with injuries. I have been critical of Des for his decision making last year but he is a thinker and has the talent in the squad to evolve and catch up with the faster game. I don't want to jinx us but I am looking forward to a better season in 2021.

Wonder if Phyian is listed with Black Town next season , good footy player . Shame that P N G 9 Ipane could not have been retained , every chance that he could have made the transition to N R L standard for Manly

Wonder if Phyian is listed with Black Town next season , good footy player . Shame that P N G 9 Ipane could not have been retained , every chance that he could have made the transition to N R L standard for Manly
Yes he is listed here:

Guess of similar interest is that if any more player acquisitions is still on the cards . Garner being recruited was a serious option at one stage apparently but maybe down on the priority scale now .

We aren't flying under the radar with the 'Urbo(s) and DCE alone. Comparisons to 2019 season are less relevant now however.

The game is different with the 6-again rule, and one of Manly's big failings last year was an inability to adapt to this - injuries or no. I felt we were one of the dumbest teams on the field last year,

The type/size/style of players who can thrive with these new rules has changed - and the smart teams made the adjustment best.

Things like Post-contact meters, play-the-ball speed, offloads and penalty milking (staying down after suspect high-shots) and small ruck-related delays have lost their past relevance, and changed dramatically.

Manly's roster has impressive names in it, and at full-strength they won't be under-estimated by anyone. The biggest thing Manly can do this year is reinvent their style of play and revolutionise tactical play around the modern rule-set. And if something doesn't work they can only persevere with it to a point.

Can Des do it? Last year it seemed Des felt that any adjustments to his selected strategy would undermine confidence in his decisions - so he stuck with the same gameplan/players for too long in my view.

We aren't flying under the radar with the 'Urbo(s) and DCE alone. Comparisons to 2019 season are less relevant now however.

The game is different with the 6-again rule, and one of Manly's big failings last year was an inability to adapt to this - injuries or no. I felt we were one of the dumbest teams on the field last year,

The type/size/style of players who can thrive with these new rules has changed - and the smart teams made the adjustment best.

Things like Post-contact meters, play-the-ball speed, offloads and penalty milking (staying down after suspect high-shots) and small ruck-related delays have lost their past relevance, and changed dramatically.

Manly's roster has impressive names in it, and at full-strength they won't be under-estimated by anyone. The biggest thing Manly can do this year is reinvent their style of play and revolutionise tactical play around the modern rule-set. And if something doesn't work they can only persevere with it to a point.

Can Des do it? Last year it seemed Des felt that any adjustments to his selected strategy would undermine confidence in his decisions - so he stuck with the same gameplan/players for too long in my view.
I think that is where Foran comes in, no doubt we were one of the dumbest sides last year. Foz is one of the best game managers in the comp and a real heads up smart footballer. Also buying "speed" this year was a necessity. A lot will depend on how Des selects his team and if our big guns can stay injury free. And if a few of these young guns can really step up then I honestly believe they have the squad to win the title. Guys like Parker, Taufua, Croker etc were walk up starters last year, I can't see them getting real game time at all this year so hopefully if Des shows a bit of loyalty again hopefully it will be to the Schuster, Olakau-atu type players instead of the reserve graders we had last year!

Des is building a better squad and whilst I was not a supporter of Foran returning because of what he had done in the past I hope he provides the leadership that we missed at stages last year. Kieran is 30 years of age and he has the opportunity to finish his career leading a top side but that will take a lot of hard work on his part getting his body and his head right. We also need a couple of forward leaders and I'd like to see Marty take his game to the the next level and become the guy that inspires the rest of the pack. Hopefully Des gives our young talent opportunity to flourish. Things need to fall in place for us starting with good luck with injuries. I have been critical of Des for his decision making last year but he is a thinker and has the talent in the squad to evolve and catch up with the faster game. I don't want to jinx us but I am looking forward to a better season in 2021.
I think Foran if he stays fit can be very useful especially in the last quarter of games where we need a cool head to close games. This has been a huge weakness in our team that we have not got enough repeat sets or field position in the close games.

The best thing about 2021???

There’s going to be competition for spots , probably only Cherry , Marty & the twin Turbo’s could be guaranteed, the rest , under pressure.

That cannot be a bad thing.

Bump.
We aren't featuring in any news stories in any NRL media. There's no internal dramas, coach /player issues, management dramas.
We don't get discussed on NRL360 or Matty Johns. We barely rate a mention in game reviews on the frigging Big League Wrap ,100% Footy, Sunday footy show. Deadset Des has us so far under the radar still that nobody knows there's a team sitting in 6th. It's like the blanked out 13th floor in a lot of high rise buildings.

Bump.
We aren't featuring in any news stories in any NRL media. There's no internal dramas, coach /player issues, management dramas.
We don't get discussed on NRL360 or Matty Johns. We barely rate a mention in game reviews on the frigging Big League Wrap ,100% Footy, Sunday footy show. Deadset Des has us so far under the radar still that nobody knows there's a team sitting in 6th. It's like the blanked out 13th floor in a lot of high rise buildings.

@mickqld is leading the tipping comp!!!!!

There, now you can't fly under the radar anymore.

lol

No ... The TAB have released their betting for the wooden spoon next year .... and Manly are rated as the 6th team LEAST likely ... or reversing the question ... they are ranking us to come 6th ... which is where I place the ability of our current roster ...

That was before a ball was kicked .... I had us coming 6th ... but at the time if I had known how quickly Guacamole and Schuster would fire I would have had us as top 3 ...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2