2021 - Are Manly truly under the Radar ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Sorry Castle Eagle - had to steal this 1 from Des off your thread...

A text message from Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler to Telegraph colleague Dean ‘Bulldog’ Ritchie after State of Origin III on Thursday morning: “Can you please write Manly has the worst side in 40 years.

Last edited:
No ... The TAB have released their betting for the wooden spoon next year .... and Manly are rated as the 6th team LEAST likely ... or reversing the question ... they are ranking us to come 6th ... which is where I place the ability of our current roster ...

I am the most confident about a season I have been since 2008. There is something brewing if we can sort the 9 out

Current players (not projected) what's your best 17? Assume Fainu situation hasn't changed either.

Today’s tragic incident throws next season completely up in the air, teams can go 1 of 2 ways after that sort of thing

If Des gets them up and through it he is as good as it gets
So true. When I was in Year 11, three kids from our year were killed in a car accident. The school had no idea how to handle it or us so they just left us alone.
Apparently we had the highest collective IQ and the lowest collective result of any year that had gone through the HSC. So Yes, they really need to handle this well.

Today’s tragic incident throws next season completely up in the air, teams can go 1 of 2 ways after that sort of thing

If Des gets them up and through it he is as good as it gets
Yes I agree, there will be a big impact on our squad, one way or another. Keith has been in our juniors for at least 4 years so especially the younger players probably knew him very well.
Some comments in the RIP thread show one way this could go - 'puts footy into perspective, it's only a game'. So understandable if a bunch of our squad were to react this way, which unfortunately wouldn't auger well for a good season.
The other reaction could be, 'who knows what the future holds so we'd better seize this opportunity to do something really meaningful'.
I also agree with you that this will be a massive challenge for Des, but I'm pleased for the players that they've got him at the helm right now.

Yeah I was optimistic about next year but I think yesterdays tragic news will have quite the impact

Current players (not projected) what's your best 17? Assume Fainu situation hasn't changed either.
Are you asking for my first ever YART?

Ok here is a crack
1. Tommy T
2. Funa
3. Moses
4. Walker
5. Garrick
6. The shoe
7. DCE
8. Kapow
9. Cust
10. Paseka
11. Siro
12. Davey
13. Jake
14. Foz
15. Guac
16. Keppie
17. No idea!

Yes I agree, there will be a big impact on our squad, one way or another. Keith has been in our juniors for at least 4 years so especially the younger players probably knew him very well.
Some comments in the RIP thread show one way this could go - 'puts footy into perspective, it's only a game'. So understandable if a bunch of our squad were to react this way, which unfortunately wouldn't auger well for a good season.
The other reaction could be, 'who knows what the future holds so we'd better seize this opportunity to do something really meaningful'.
I also agree with you that this will be a massive challenge for Des, but I'm pleased for the players that they've got him at the helm right now.

The Warriors in 2009 went off the rails completely after the drowning of Sonny Fai, having read the descriptions from various members of the group how difficult it was you know we are going to need some strong leaders. The Warriors has Steve Price and it even broke him

Manly 2021.....

Take a gander at this predicted lineup from Fox League. Seriously, does anyone at Fox League actually do ANY research?

T. Trbojevic, Taufua, Suli, Walker, Garrick, Foran, Cherry-Evans, Taupau, Croker, Sipley, Sironen, Gosiewski, J. Trbojevic. Bench - Cust, Boyle, Keppie, Paseka.

Jorge "has an Achilles injury" on the wing, Croker at dummy half (oh hell no), Sipley going from nowhere to starting prop (say what??), Cust on the bench. No Funa, no Schuster. Oh, and no Parker.

Manly 2021.....

Take a gander at this predicted lineup from Fox League. Seriously, does anyone at Fox League actually do ANY research?

T. Trbojevic, Taufua, Suli, Walker, Garrick, Foran, Cherry-Evans, Taupau, Croker, Sipley, Sironen, Gosiewski, J. Trbojevic. Bench - Cust, Boyle, Keppie, Paseka.

Jorge "has an Achilles injury" on the wing, Croker at dummy half (oh hell no), Sipley going from nowhere to starting prop (say what??), Cust on the bench. No Funa, no Schuster. Oh, and no Parker.

NIL research , written by the 17 year old work experience kid!!

DICKHEADS!!!

The Warriors in 2009 went off the rails completely after the drowning of Sonny Fai, having read the descriptions from various members of the group how difficult it was you know we are going to need some strong leaders. The Warriors has Steve Price and it even broke him
Similar but different - Newcastle Knights were one game away from the GF in 2013.
In 2014 Alex McKinnon suffered a catastrophic spinal injury, they finished that season 12th and the next year finished last. Other factors involved as well no doubt, but its pretty clear that morale is a big element in success.

Similar but different - Newcastle Knights were one game away from the GF in 2013.
In 2014 Alex McKinnon suffered a catastrophic spinal injury, they finished that season 12th and the next year finished last. Other factors involved as well no doubt, but its pretty clear that morale is a big element in success.

If there is any saving grace is that it happened early in the pre-season which gives everyone involved time to grieve. Hopefully by the time the 2021 season comes around, the players can use this tragedy as part of their motivation to succeed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4