2020 vs 2021 - potentially FAR improved

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would suggest this as a first round team based on current signings and who will be available at the time. Of course, there's no chance this side would be picked ...
  1. Turbo
  2. Garrick (incumbent + goal kicker)
  3. Walker (if not available, then Harper)
  4. Funa (strong defender, sharper attack than Parker)
  5. Miski (deserves an opportunity)
  6. Schuster
  7. DCE
  8. Sironen (potentially more impact as a middle forward)
  9. Cust
  10. Marty
  11. Davey
  12. Haumole
  13. Jake
  14. Foran (body needs preserving)
  15. Gosiewski
  16. Paseka
  17. Sipley
Bench has impact & all positions are covered if there is an injury. Early season selections will depend on the direction Des wants for the team, 2020 form and maybe trials form (if there are any). The new wingers will get an opportunity at some point.

Edit: just saw in another thread that Aloiai is a near certain signing. I've never noticed him playing, so don't have an opinion. I would have thought back rowers are more a priority to recruit than props.

Last edited:
I would suggest this as a first round team based on current signings and who will be available at the time. Of course, there's no chance this side would be picked ...
  1. Turbo
  6. Schuster
  7. DCE
  9. Cust
  10. Marty
  11. Davey
  12. Haumole
  13. Jake
  15. Gosiewski
  16. Paseka
  17. Sipley
Bench has impact & all positions are covered if there is an injury. Early season selections will depend on the direction Des wants for the team, 2020 form and maybe trials form (if there are any). The new wingers will get an opportunity at some point.
You are right , none!!

1. Turbo
  6. Schuster
  7. DCE
  9. Cust
  10. Marty
  11. Davey
  12. Haumole
  13. Jake
  15. Gosiewski
  16. Paseka
  17. Sipley
With suli out, would love to see Funa get a go in the centres too. Parker on bench as 2row cover. Assuming that Garner Siro swap doesnt happen, this is what I’d like to see. Bring Schuster on at Half Time, switch Foz to hooker for minutes 40-60, and then bring Cust back on.

1 Trbo 2 Saab 3 Walker 4 Funa 5 Garrick 6 Foran 7 DCE
8 Aloiai 9 Cust 10 Taupau 11 Davey 12 Sironen 13 Trbojevic
14 Schuster 15 Parker 16 Keppie 17 Paseka

With suli out, would love to see Funa get a go in the centres too. Parker on bench as 2row cover. Assuming that Garner Siro swap doesnt happen, this is what I’d like to see. Bring Schuster on at Half Time, switch Foz to hooker for minutes 40-60, and then bring Cust back on.

1 Trbo 2 Saab 3 Walker 4 Funa 5 Garrick 6 Foran 7 DCE
8 Aloiai 9 Cust 10 Taupau 11 Davey 12 Sironen 13 Trbojevic
14 Schuster 15 Parker 16 Keppie 17 Paseka
Gosiewski, Oloakuatu, Christian T , Sibley, Boyle. Suli injured. So much more depth this year!!

If we are doing YARTs for round 1:

1. T. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Funa
5. Tuipulotu
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. J. Turbo
9. Cust
10. Taupau
11. Olakau’atu
12. Gosiewski
13. Sironen
—————————
14. Schuster (Des will ease him in)
15. Aloiai
16. Paseka
17. Davey
—————————
18. Keppie

Full strength side - what we should work towards

1. T. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. J. Turbo
9. Fainu
10. Taupau
11. Olakau’atu
12. Gosiewski
13. Sironen
—————————
14. Foran
15. Aloiai
16. Paseka
17. Davey
—————————
18. Cust
19. Funa
20. Keppie

Last edited:
We'll know by kickoff rd1 if Des has moved into the new age of nrl thinking or if he's still stuck in the old ways. Schuster at 5/8, new wingers, 2nd row, prop and centers, different #9 then maybe he's thinking modern. Pick the same old failures then it'll be the same results.

We'll know by kickoff rd1 if Des has moved into the new age of nrl thinking or if he's still stuck in the old ways. Schuster at 5/8, new wingers, 2nd row, prop and centers, different #9 then maybe he's thinking modern. Pick the same old failures then it'll be the same results.
It’s a huge test for him but you do what the definition of stupid is don’t you ??

And I don’t think Des is stupid but let’s see!!

Okay signings have happened so how I see us round 1
Tom turbo
Saab
Suli
Walker
Tuipulotu
Foran
Dce
Marty
Cust
Aloiai
Siro
Schuster
Jake T.

Bench
Paseka
Goewiski
Keppie
Davey
A couple of queries with that YART; 1. Do we really want DCE as our No.1 kicker, and 2. Do we really want The Shoe wasting his prodigious talents on grunt work?

A halves pairing of DCE and Foran working with our new potential gun backline could prove sensational.
As for Schu, I'm sure Des will use him but his talents (from the little I've seen) are more of the Cliffy variety rather than the Foran variety. This means he'll continue to learn as he adapts to NRL level opposition and he's far from the complete finished product just yet, based on his debut.
Whether he makes 5/8, and if so how long it takes to get there, will depend on how quickly he progresses, and also how well the backs function with Foran holding court. It's win-win from what I can see, there's no way that playing with Foran will do anything other than benefit Schu in the long run. Just my view of course.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4