2020 Stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bSw

Reserve Grader
Very telling article on nrl.com that reveals damning statistics on our team's 2020 performance:

Pre-Contact metres/run: Manly ranked second worst to the Dogs (significantly behind even the middle-ranked teams)

This is quite alarming, as it shows a problem that is evident with all our players' averages, and shows that in terms of getting on the front foot when the ball has been received, we have been woefully slow and unenthusiastic. Not sure how to explain this (possibly fatigue-which is quite a brutal assessment of our team's fitness levels). Is this an attitude thing? Symptomatic of the rule-change? Are we playing too flat? Something else? Thoughts anyone?

Quite obviously, if this is not addressed, it doesn't matter who is in the side, we will continue to lose the majority of games played

Probably due to slow play-the-balls and less than effective dummy-half play.

I’d also suggest we were defending a lot more than other teams and that sucks out the juice for our attack.

• 🤝
Reactions: bSw
A fair bit of it would be because we played sideways to often (2 slow passes wide) and not direct enough .. and we played to flat ..

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
A fair bit of it would be because we played sideways to often (2 slow passes wide) and not direct enough .. and we played to flat ..
We do have a few players prone to crabbing sideways.

We do have a few players prone to crabbing sideways.

Yeah, but not just crabbing ... the slow pass sideways to Jake to then throw a slow pass sideways to a support allows teams with line speed to close the distance quickly ... changing the point of attack is useful, but it has to be done with purpose and a bit of speed ... it's where Turbo makes a big difference ..

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6