MVP: 2020 Silvertails MVP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
So the most coveted award in all of world sport, the prestigious Silvertails MVP Award, has been run and won for 2020. A select field of astute sporting minds was assembled to decide who would walk away with this years trophy.

So without further ado, we can announce the 2020 Silvertails MVP goes to ...drum roll...

DALY CHERRY-EVANS

This is DCE's second Silvertails MVP honour.

Final leaderboard for 2020 was as follows:

15.5 DCE
14 AFB or (-42) just for you @Mark from Brisbane
13 Jake
11 Kapow
9 Turbo
7.5 Siro
7 Scorpio
7 Tent
5.5 General
5 Keppie
4 Walks
4 Funa
3 Horhay
3 Guac
3 Harper
3 Miski
2 Thommo
2 Duck
1 Sandwich
0.5 Suli

The Silvertails MVP officially began in 2013 (last time we made a GF come to think of it, so maybe we should scrap it). Below is the Honour Roll over that time. Rumour has it Foz was dirty when Jake passed him with 3 MVP's in 2018 and has been angling for a way back to the club ever since to claim his third.

Silvertails MVP Honour Roll
2013 Kieran Foran
2014 Kieran Foran
2015 Jake Trbojevic
2016 Jake Trbojevic
2017 Daly Cherry-Evans
2018 Jake Trbojevic
2019 Addin Fonua-Blake
2020 Daly Cherry-Evans

Thanks for voting all year everyone!

I thought this thread was going to be about the MVP silvertail poster of the year. In which case I would be voting for the president of the Numbnut Coalition. Whoever that might be. Haha

Someone should send this to the club
The actual voting outcome or my suggestion above? I’m sure the club would be interested to hear the insights of the numbnut coalition and their views on both player and poster performance. We have cap space so perhaps the recruitment department of the coalition could even meet with the club to share ideas.

Thanks once again @mosto for your work on this all through the season. DCE a worthy winner, although if AFB had played more games he may well have gone back to back.
I see that 20 different players got points this year, I wonder if that's ever happened before!

D C E showed some very good touches again on the weekend but really a patchy and quite inconsistent year for most of the squad , including him . Irrespective of people "s outlook on A f B , if he played the last two matches , probably would have taken it out and again obviously will initially represent a major loss . Paseka was the main improver and to a lesser extent Funa . hopefully things can only get better next season .

Thank you @mosto and great work :clap: Awesome with the award announcement too!

I always enjoy participating, win or lose its a bit of fun. Really wish the club could see this, as well as the actual 'award winners/placegetters'.

Doesn't say much for Suli on .5.....says even less for Jetski and Levi who didn't score!

Well played DCE, Jake & Kapow.

Last edited:
Thanks @mosto for compiling this and for insisting it be done in the aftermath of some, well, pisspoor performances.

Chez led from the front despite 50% on here thinking he didn't.

Shows how much we missed Turbo considering he was leading the Dally M's went he went down and chances are if he'd played a few more games he would have won Silvertails too.

AFB, Kapow, Jake and Sirro showed their importance to the team despite mixed years from all of them.

Interesting that Guac, Harper and Miski all had a standout performance in the few opportunities they got, would The Schu have scored if he lasted the match?

Can't believe the much maligned Jetski couldn't even poll one point, there must be some haters around here, he surely deserved to poll a point somewhere.

It also shows different expectations of different players.

Last edited:
Thanks @mosto for doing this. I enjoy picking out players for points and sometimes like this year when more games than not are less enjoyable and were losing it can be the only interest or enjoyment I take from the game, wondering who I will give my points too.

This year I even had robust discussion with my daughter on who deserves them.
Thanks again.

So the most coveted award in all of world sport, the prestigious Silvertails MVP Award, has been run and won for 2020. A select field of astute sporting minds was assembled to decide who would walk away with this years trophy.

So without further ado, we can announce the 2020 Silvertails MVP goes to ...drum roll...

DALY CHERRY-EVANS

This is DCE's second Silvertails MVP honour.

Final leaderboard for 2020 was as follows:

15.5 DCE
14 AFB or (-42) just for you @Mark from Brisbane
13 Jake
11 Kapow
9 Turbo
7.5 Siro
7 Scorpio
7 Tent
5.5 General
5 Keppie
4 Walks
4 Funa
3 Horhay
3 Guac
3 Harper
3 Miski
2 Thommo
2 Duck
1 Sandwich
0.5 Suli

The Silvertails MVP officially began in 2013 (last time we made a GF come to think of it, so maybe we should scrap it). Below is the Honour Roll over that time. Rumour has it Foz was dirty when Jake passed him with 3 MVP's in 2018 and has been angling for a way back to the club ever since to claim his third.

Silvertails MVP Honour Roll
2013 Kieran Foran
2014 Kieran Foran
2015 Jake Trbojevic
2016 Jake Trbojevic
2017 Daly Cherry-Evans
2018 Jake Trbojevic
2019 Addin Fonua-Blake
2020 Daly Cherry-Evans

Thanks for voting all year everyone!
Thank you. great work ! @mosto
Congratulations to our Best player DCE and this is why he is our highest paid player

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4