2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
If this has happened as explained then if history is any guide then I'm afraid those involved haven't really learnt anything about humility, respect or just downright common courtesy. Very disappointing to hear that these sort of grub acts are being perpetrated within our club. I would hope it is addressed by club management and never repeated with appropriate actions against those involved

Doesn’t it seem a little odd that someone is expected to hand themselves in ....but no one has....I mean, if you were saying to other people that you were planning on turning yourself in, wouldn’t you just do it, rather than talking about it to the point that rumours have started to spread on social media.
I am only passing on what I have heard, which was not from social media but someone in the know. Wait and see. It could be off the mark.

Doesn’t it seem a little odd that someone is expected to hand themselves in ....but no one has....I mean, if you were saying to other people that you were planning on turning yourself in, wouldn’t you just do it, rather than talking about it to the point that rumours have started to spread on social media.
It would be a very difficult decision to hand yourself in when you know that the result will be jail time Especially when the cops have already charged someone else and you have got away with committing a very serious crime

I am only passing on what I have heard, which was not from social media but someone in the know. Wait and see. It could be off the mark.
This question is informed by a lifetime of watching crime and court room drama*.
Wouldn’t the prosecution be a little suspicious of a family member/friend of a charged famous footballer suddenly confessing to the crime?

*No actual real life crime experience has been gathered during the pursuit of this life.

This question is informed by a lifetime of watching crime and court room drama*.
Wouldn’t the prosecution be a little suspicious of a family member/friend of a charged famous footballer suddenly confessing to the crime?

*No actual real life crime experience has been gathered during the pursuit of this life.
Yeah that's my take as well. Bit skeptical ?

Certainly. But the fact remains, a credible confession by Party B is a big problem for the prosecution who have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was Party A, who denies the offence.

And then again it could be a ruse aimed at creating enough uncertainty regarding prosecuting the case. Wouldn't work unless someone appeared, looked very like Manase, and was able to relate exactly the events that occurred that night. As with all matters such as this, we will all need to reserve judgement until the case is prosecuted. To unequivocally assess him as guilty or innocent at this stage is senseless

I thought Australian gangs were mostly a myth until this. They make me cringe. It like a cool kids club for the dumb and tryhard. Very disappointed in fainu and afb if they are involved in anything like that

Hopefully this whole drama has des kick them back on track

I thought Australian gangs were mostly a myth until this. They make me cringe. It like a cool kids club for the dumb and tryhard. Very disappointed in fainu and afb if they are involved in anything like that

Hopefully this whole drama has des kick them back on track
Unfortunately, tv networks, streaming services and the like have glorified criminal behaviour to such a degree that it has become a Genuine aspiration career pathway for many youngsters.

There is no hope whilst ever drug dealers and organised criminals are referred to as colourful identities rather than the low life’s in which they are. They get their own tv series depicting them as knockabout blokes who get fast cash and even faster ladies, and the youngsters are sucked into the lie.

Them and Us mentality Harry. It happens on an International, national, civil level and has existed at least since cities existed. Cicero spoke of them in Ancient Rome, Constantinople had the 'Greens' and the 'Blues', 19th century New York the Protestants and Catholics. During my time as parole officer it was the Vietnamese and Lebanese, as well as the Comancheros and Bandidos. Where ever there are cultural, religious, philosophical or just plain monetary and/or territorial disputes there are those who draw together for protection and power. Its human nature, perhaps not at its best[

Unfortunately it seems the club is caught between a rock and a hard place with Polynesian gangs as obviously quite a few of the younger guys associate with the gangs and it's not just our club, but many others as well.

I think a direction has to come from V'Landys rather than just our club and he's tough enough to do it.

If you are proven to be associated with a Polynesian gang.... You're suspended indefinitely
If you make hand signals relative to a Polynesian gang ... You're suspended indefinitely

It won't be so cool then. The hand signals they make is almost akin to a Nazi Salute,because it's not about peace or brotherhood, it's about violence and control.

Unfortunately, tv networks, streaming services and the like have glorified criminal behaviour to such a degree that it has become a Genuine aspiration career pathway for many youngsters.
It is looking at the problem upside down to suggest it's simply about getting sucked into a glamorous lie.
Cold hard fact is that real career pathways for youth in western Sydney are thin on the ground. And it's well documented that poverty is a fertile breeding ground for criminal gangs, all over the world, so what else would we expect?

We identify 23 clusters where the rate of youth unemployment (15 to 24 years) ranges from 16.4% to an upper extreme of 26.4% and where the rate of young unemployment (15 to 19 years) ranges from 23.0% to a top of 36.5%.

It is looking at the problem upside down to suggest it's simply about getting sucked into a glamorous lie.
Cold hard fact is that real career pathways for youth in western Sydney are thin on the ground. And it's well documented that poverty is a fertile breeding ground for criminal gangs, all over the world, so what else would we expect?

We identify 23 clusters where the rate of youth unemployment (15 to 24 years) ranges from 16.4% to an upper extreme of 26.4% and where the rate of young unemployment (15 to 19 years) ranges from 23.0% to a top of 36.5%.
I work in Employment services and over the last 5 years or go have worked with the young unemployed across Western and South Western Sydney. You see all the time troubled kids who are vulnerable to the lure of these gangs and the trouble that it can get them into.

And that’s why I say... cut the crap out of it with their hero’s and you at least have a start. It won’t stop it, but it will be less attactive.

Imagine if players started doing BIke Gang salutes! Would you be happy then? There’s no difference with what they are doing.

When it's gang culture in which someone who owes something is willing to be a fall guy. And the cops have three witnesses saying Fainu did it. I still have big doubts he plays for Manly in 2020 even if someone hands themselves in.

And that’s why I say... cut the crap out of it with their hero’s and you at least have a start. It won’t stop it, but it will be less attactive.

Imagine if players started doing BIke Gang salutes! Would you be happy then? There’s no difference with what they are doing.
Rabbids would not have had a Team without the Bra Boys :wait:

Never got the Nazi Skin head gang adulation. They lost the war after all. :giggle:@:p

I certainly agree that career pathways for the under privileged is a real concern. But I also believe television and other media platforms have romanticised criminality in this country for way too long. I have worked with troubled youth in the Blue Mountains and many of them come from very decent upper middle class families who have given them every opportunity in life.

The private schools in the area are inundated with cardboard wannabe gangsters and teenage groupies who go out of their way to form gangs and engage in pseudo organised crime. Speak to any of the coppers up this way about the youth problems and they are at a loss to explain why so many young people who are raised in good homes wish to dress, identify and behave like criminals. They can also produce plenty of statistics which prove this phenomenon is not limited to the areas up here either.

Look at Michael Kanaan for one example. Raised in a decent home, private education, good grades, but decides he wants to be a big gangster, and several murders later he’s locked away in Supermax and families have been ripped apart.

There are definitely young people who are raised in horrible environments with limited opportunities, and this is a real concern, but I have met exceptional young men who overcame those circumstances as well. I am referring more to people who choose that lifestyle when they have no reason to whatsoever. Footballers hanging out with bad seeds and identifying as a gangster for example, when they earn way more than your average citizen and have no need to be affiliated with criminal activities.

Chopper Reed was lauded as an Australian icon, and a larrikin, so too Roger Rodgerson. They were paid good money to tell their lies and promote their grubbiness on tour around Australia. But the facts are they were just corrupt murdering thieves. Then there’s the multitude of tv shows and documentaries they have on Druglords and their cronies on Netflix. These people are mass murdering sociopaths and yet, they are glorified along with their fast money lifestyles.

But maybe I’ve got it wrong, and these people are just poor misunderstood larrikins whose only real chance in life was to commit murder, traffick drugs and intimidate anyone who didn’t agree with their ways.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7