2020 Dally M Award Winners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
and Buzz Slothfield went off early......

Surely they need to ditch the Dally M system ( run by News Ltd papers ) and the NRL needs to bring in a new system which has indegrity in voting and the result is only known by a couple of people and not leaked half way through the show on Twitter.

It was peak “ Rugba Leeg” last night , absolute amateur hour stuff.

Not a lot of joy for Manly there. Did we have anyone in the top 20 of the voting ?? How did DCE go ??

The system is geared towards the teams that win.
15 of the top 20 are from teams in the 8.

I’ve said it before , you can be the best player on the park but if you’re team loses in the last minute you won’t get 3 points.
I think from memory when we played Parra, lost by 2, only denied by the forward pass call none of our players got points but if we steal it at the death then chances are Turbo, DCE and AFB figure in the points.

One award for Manly - Jake shared the VB Hard Earned Player of the Year Award with Tohu Harris - both scored 1829 points.
Each player's VB Hard Earned index score is calculated by doubling their total runs and adding a point for every tackle, offload, decoy, support, charge down and tackle break. Negative plays lower the index score. One point is taken off per missed tackle, while errors and penalties cost four points. Being sin-binned results in eight points being subtracted.

Congrats to King Gutho for getting Dally M fullback of the year. It was a great season by him and he really carried Parra. Was unlucky for him that Wighton got 3 points in a match where Wighton was sin binned and also outplayed by Croker. Was unlucky again for not getting a single point in a match where he had 2 try assists and made a match saving tackle.

Parra’s next best was Paulo on 9 points apparently

Same as staggs, the rest of Broncos were pooh so easy for him to stand out and score points.
I do think the whole scoring system is wrong though!

While I agree it was easy for Staggs to stand out amongst the pathetic Broncos, given that they only won 3 games including only 1 of their last 18 (their only win after the re-start was a 20-8 win over the Dogs in Rd.9), lost 11 in a row to finish the season AND received a number of hammerings ... how does he score enough points to beat out all other NRL centres for the award?

Most of the time they were that bad that you wouldn't have thought Broncos players would have even gotten many, if any votes in their games this year, let alone enough for a player who only played 14 of 20 games to win the Dally M Centre of the Year award.

While I agree it was easy for Staggs to stand out amongst the pathetic Broncos, given that they only won 3 games including only 1 of their last 18 (their only win after the re-start was a 20-8 win over the Dogs in Rd.9), lost 11 in a row to finish the season AND received a number of hammerings ... how does he score enough points to beat out all other NRL centres for the award?

Most of the time they were that bad that you wouldn't have thought Broncos players would have even gotten many, if any votes in their games this year, let alone enough for a player who only played 14 of 20 games to win the Dally M Centre of the Year award.

The positional awards aren't based on points awarded during the season.
Not exactly how it is decided but it's not based on the 3, 2, 1's.

Congrats to King Gutho for getting Dally M fullback of the year. It was a great season by him and he really carried Parra. Was unlucky for him that Wighton got 3 points in a match where Wighton was sin binned and also outplayed by Croker. Was unlucky again for not getting a single point in a match where he had 2 try assists and made a match saving tackle.

Parra’s next best was Paulo on 9 points apparently
Credit to him for FB of the year but whoever gave him the title King Gutho has shown total disrespect to the only king in rugby league King Wally......Gutherson isn’t even good enough to wipe the real Kings boots & will never be the player Wally Lewis was or achieve what he did. King Gutho.....what a joke!

Credit to him for FB of the year but whoever gave him the title King Gutho has shown total disrespect to the only king in rugby league King Wally......Gutherson isn’t even good enough to wipe the real Kings boots & will never be the player Wally Lewis was or achieve what he did. King Gutho.....what a joke!
How about we rename him the Duke of Puke?

Take that up with whoever gave him the nickname. Before the players found out who was going to win last night, Gutho was being interviewed and he said that the awards mean little and that he would rather be playing this Sunday instead. Spoken like a true king!

Exactly my thoughts when I saw his name. I immediately thought of players like Brent Naden. Even Jarrod Croker, and Brian Kelly. As your stats prove, how does Staggs get within cooee of the top centres.

Wighton is a good player, don't get me wrong, but if he was the best player in 2020 then it shows either:

The voting system is flawed as already mentioned

The level of football was down this year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4