2019 NRL draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DT today

NRL US BID TAKES A HIT

THE NRL’s American dream lives on, but the 2025 World Cup remains in doubt.

The NRL is forging ahead with plans to take a premiership match to the US in two years, having gone close to staging “round zero” next year.

NRL boss Todd Greenberg said taking a game to the US was high on the agenda for the 2020 season.

“We got really close to it in this draw,” Greenberg said. “In simple terms, we couldn’t make the numbers stack up.

“I wasn’t prepared to fund it and put the game’s money at risk. If we are going to do it, we’re going to have to have a very strong business plan to make sure the game is protected, financially.

“We’ve seen what’s happened with private promoters who have taken games to the United States.

“I wasn’t prepared to put the game at risk commercially for it. We want to do it but we want to do it under the right terms.”

The Denver Test failed to convince the doubters. (Russell Lansford/Getty Images)

Greenberg has ruled out using a promoter to stage the event. The mid-year Denver Test between New Zealand and England was a disaster.

It was promoted by Moore Sports International, which had been instrumental in winning a bid to host the 2025 World Cup in the US and Canada.

Rugby League International Federation (RLIF) chief executive Nigel Wood said there was no guarantee the tournament would go ahead in North America.

“It’s been slightly misreported,” Wood said. “The 2025 World Cup was provisionally awarded. It is still subject to due diligence. Clearly, the promoter that had got the backing by the RLIF has had a significant wobble.

“That is a matter for us to discuss. There are already people who have approached us to say they are interested in standing in that person’s stead.

“I don’t think we will make a decision about what we will do for 12 months.

“There is still a lot of interest in America. Rugby league in North America is alive and well but clearly there is a problem with the arrangements we have at the moment. There is some straight talking that is going to be needed.”

DT today

NRL US BID TAKES A HIT

THE NRL’s American dream lives on, but the 2025 World Cup remains in doubt.

The NRL is forging ahead with plans to take a premiership match to the US in two years, having gone close to staging “round zero” next year.

NRL boss Todd Greenberg said taking a game to the US was high on the agenda for the 2020 season.

“We got really close to it in this draw,” Greenberg said. “In simple terms, we couldn’t make the numbers stack up.

“I wasn’t prepared to fund it and put the game’s money at risk. If we are going to do it, we’re going to have to have a very strong business plan to make sure the game is protected, financially.

“We’ve seen what’s happened with private promoters who have taken games to the United States.

“I wasn’t prepared to put the game at risk commercially for it. We want to do it but we want to do it under the right terms.”

The Denver Test failed to convince the doubters. (Russell Lansford/Getty Images)

Greenberg has ruled out using a promoter to stage the event. The mid-year Denver Test between New Zealand and England was a disaster.

It was promoted by Moore Sports International, which had been instrumental in winning a bid to host the 2025 World Cup in the US and Canada.

Rugby League International Federation (RLIF) chief executive Nigel Wood said there was no guarantee the tournament would go ahead in North America.

“It’s been slightly misreported,” Wood said. “The 2025 World Cup was provisionally awarded. It is still subject to due diligence. Clearly, the promoter that had got the backing by the RLIF has had a significant wobble.

“That is a matter for us to discuss. There are already people who have approached us to say they are interested in standing in that person’s stead.

“I don’t think we will make a decision about what we will do for 12 months.

“There is still a lot of interest in America. Rugby league in North America is alive and well but clearly there is a problem with the arrangements we have at the moment. There is some straight talking that is going to be needed.”

So.... No LA game for me, and the NZ game is now in March and not June / July when I could usually sneak down and watch it.

Sigh.

This draw sucks (for me)

lol,..... wah

So.... No LA game for me, and the NZ game is now in March and not June / July when I could usually sneak down and watch it.

Sigh.

This draw sucks (for me)

lol,..... wah
There is always snow on the South Island for you.

I might check it out this time as I've never been to South NZ and won't have to cart coats around :)

not a bad draw, would be better if we could play the warriors and broncos at lotto land rather than taking them to their back yard

we have good records against warriors and Brisbane at home - not so good away.

We actually have a really good record vs NZ in NZ, especially at Mt. Smart (won 11 lost 3, also won our only game at Eden Park).

This is the fairest draw we've had in awhile, but the start won't be easy.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8