2019 Memories

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wacky edit job on a couple of them, to the point where the “try narrative” or sequence of events becomes impossible to follow. Did Baz Luhrman do the jump cuts?

2019 memories

I learnt to love Des all over again....well maybe not love but certainly respect.

I so enjoyed watching Manly games in the middle of no where , by no where I mean “really ****ing remote!!”.

I learnt to suck major eggs, not only about Des but the fact I said we’d finish 13th.

I finished in the top 10 in the tipping AND had to pick a month in advance just to compete.

I didn’t make one single game, BUGGER!!!!

I still hate Todd Turdburger.

I hate Gerard Sutton even more.

I still love Silvertails, even after 28,000 ( almost) posts, especially some of the real characters ( too numerous to mention ).

Whilst disappointed we aren’t playing this weekend , what a ride , FMD guys and girls WE ARE BACK!!

Last edited:
The whole season. Last year, needed two discs to record the highlights. Need a hard drive for this year!

Manly's 2018 season highlights would have fitted onto one of these.....

70580362_10156505700597747_7769671374053834752_n.jpg

Imagine the sort of confidence this squad will take into 2020 as opposed to the feeling they would have had at the end of 2018. A reasonable run with injuries (particularly Turbo!) and we’ll give it a real shake next year!

Manly's 2018 season highlights would have fitted onto one of these.....

70580362_10156505700597747_7769671374053834752_n.jpg
The younger ones wouldn’t even know what they were!!

My first ever work computer I bought cost $16k, that included $7k for software. It was 1984, and wait for it it had a massive 10Mb hard drive .....can you believe it, for its day that was enormous!!

Pretty sure my little Garmin watch has 100 times that, and this phone I’m using about 20,000 times that.

Imagine the sort of confidence this squad will take into 2020 as opposed to the feeling they would have had at the end of 2018. A reasonable run with injuries (particularly Turbo!) and we’ll give it a real shake next year!

Agree, but boy do we need a full year with Turbo.

I’m starting to think his career will be one punctuated by many injuries ( much like Brett).

The younger ones wouldn’t even know what they were!!

My first ever work computer I bought cost $16k, that included $7k for software. It was 1984, and wait for it it had a massive 10Mb hard drive .....can you believe it, for its day that was enormous!!

Pretty sure my little Garmin watch has 100 times that, and this phone I’m using about 20,000 times that.
I can’t believe you paid 16k in 1984 money for nothing much more than a house brick!

I have three favourite memories of the year:
1. Marty picking up Cam Murray over the line and saving a try;
2. Turbo’s solo try against the Dragons;
3. DCE’s field goal against the Storm

Apart from that I think my favourite game was either the win against Canberra at GIO or the Elimination Final against the Sharks.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the first 66 mins of our semi against the Rabbits.

It is going to be massive. And the experience these boys gained by playing finals footy in so much adversity is priceless. As long as we don't get too cocky, remain under the radar, and like you said avoid substantial injuries, 2020 is gonna be a good'un :inlove:

And even if those things happen, I have faith in our God, Des Hasler. Hahahhaa honestly think he could lead the BWSE from spooners to premiers

Agree about the massive 2020, especially if we get a full year out of Turbo.

Look at Tedesco, never injured, plays week in week out.

Not knocking Tommy but, as some injuries have been just bad luck BUT he is somewhat “ injury prone”.

I have three favourite memories of the year:
1. Marty picking up Cam Murray over the line and saving a try;
2. Turbo’s solo try against the Dragons;
3. DCE’s field goal against the Storm

Apart from that I think my favourite game was either the win against Canberra at GIO or the Elimination Final against the Sharks.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the first 66 mins of our semi against the Rabbits.
All great memories but I can't go past DCE's field goal to get the Bunnies, at Brookie early in the season.
We started that game well, but when Turbo limped off I reckon 85% of the crowd thought we were done.
The roar when that last kick went through was massive. It was the moment I knew 2019 was a new beginning for Manly!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8