2019 Membership Auto Renewals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gomanly

Reserve Grader
As I understand it, auto renewals for 2019 membership happen on 22 October (correct me if I am wrong).

I have cancelled mine after 6 or so years. When asked why, I said I dont know who the coach is going to be (truth is this is just one of the issues I have had with the current administration).

Under normal circumstances (normal as you can get for rugby league), maybe this would'nt be an issue. However, I felt the need to make the point that as a paying member, I want some clear direction on where we are heading and not some vague statement to the media that leaves everyone scratching their heads. The only way I can do that is with my wallet.

They said an announcement would be made "hopefully" in around 7 days and from the tone, it sounded like Des (great shock right?) but we've heard anouncements were imminent before - albeit through the media only, that we had Madge signed and that ended up nowhere.

If you feel the same, I suggest you consider doing this too.​

As I understand it, auto renewals for 2019 membership happen on 22 October (correct me if I am wrong).

I have cancelled mine after 6 or so years. When asked why, I said I dont know who the coach is going to be (truth is this is just one of the issues I have had with the current administration).

Under normal circumstances (normal as you can get for rugby league), maybe this would'nt be an issue. However, I felt the need to make the point that as a paying member, I want some clear direction on where we are heading and not some vague statement to the media that leaves everyone scratching their heads. The only way I can do that is with my wallet.

They said an announcement would be made "hopefully" in around 7 days and from the tone, it sounded like Des (great shock right?) but we've heard anouncements were imminent before - albeit through the media only, that we had Madge signed and that ended up nowhere.

If you feel the same, I suggest you consider doing this too.​
Agree, I already did it on Wednesday........

Nah, I renewed today. Asked a couple 'o questions. Got answered within 30 mins.

Go Manly!

(lol, just saw the op's username)

Isn't there another thread on this?

I have expressed my annoyance with the auto renewal function to the Membership Group and received assurances that mine won't be initiated in future seasons.
I feel this "you are in unless you opt out promptly" approach obviously benefits membership but is disrespectful to we customers.
I want to consider my membership each year, and the package I will buy. It differs with changing circumstances.
I've signed on again, but this time for the 5-game package which I'm sure is an initiative suggested to the club by a savvy Silvertails poster....

I have expressed my annoyance with the auto renewal function to the Membership Group and received assurances that mine won't be initiated in future seasons.
I feel this "you are in unless you opt out promptly" approach obviously benefits membership but is disrespectful to we customers.
I want to consider my membership each year, and the package I will buy. It differs with changing circumstances.
I've signed on again, but this time for the 5-game package which I'm sure is an initiative suggested to the club by a savvy Silvertails poster....
Yes this suggestion was taken to the Members Council earlier in the year

When i decided to not renew ( all of the sudden i had two memberships?) (results driven decision) it took me ringing the club, emailing the club, rining the club, threataning to contact the ombudsman's office, rining the club and then contacting the ombudsman's office, finally getting my membership cancelled!

After all of that it will take a lot for me to come around especially when i never requested an on-going membership even thouh i had been a long term member.

When i decided to not renew ( all of the sudden i had two memberships?) (results driven decision) it took me ringing the club, emailing the club, rining the club, threataning to contact the ombudsman's office, rining the club and then contacting the ombudsman's office, finally getting my membership cancelled!

After all of that it will take a lot for me to come around especially when i never requested an on-going membership even thouh i had been a long term member.
Must be the business model of the family. At one stage we wanted the new CSIRO diet. Time pour we went online which, it turned out, is Penn owned. It offered $120 with a money back guarantee. Sure we were to blame for not reading the fine print which said you have to provide them with a picture at the start - send in your weight weekly - then a picture at the end which they could us for marketing purposes, in order to get the money back. Neither of us wanted fat pictures around so we just used the diet and considered it a lesson well learned.
BUT.
We also didn't read the part that said that once the six months was up, they'd charge us $20 per month!!!
What?
We couldn't get the first $20 back and, as you'd imagine by now, there were many hoops to jump to opt out but opt out we did.
So, yep, family business model.

Lucky for me my credit card was fraudulently used just as my final payment was charged for 2018.

SO the bank cancelled by card that had my membership coming out of and issued my a new card.

I will rejoin as a mark of respect to @marga who has rejoined at such a trying time. Actually I might login and do it now.

Everyone should join & renew every year regardless of who the coach is & how the team is going. The club is only as strong as it’s membership base and our lack of members for a 70+ year old club with 8 titles to it’s name is disgustingly low. The club has been very poor at pushing membership. Needs to do a lot more in the way of advertising and getting the club out there to the Sydney market. I also think we should push the ‘us against them’ mentality as our major drawing point to becoming a member. We thrive on being hated, why don’t we own it across the entire club and make new members feel as though they are joining a ‘club’ as opposed to just buying a seat at the game...?

I am in for 2019. I feel the quickest way to lose players or not sign others is having them play in an empty ground every other week. If I was the Turbo's, DCE, Marty, or whoever, i'd want to play in front of a parochial crowd, not 5,000 but 20,000

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6