2019 Jersey Design - Member Feedback

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
Members this morning would have received an email looking for feedback around the design of the 2019 home and Away jerseys.

Great move to get feedback from the member base around them. I quite like the designs and the background around both.

875B3254-FD99-49D8-A160-0B3855D3E6AA.png

HOME JERSEY | In 2019 we want to bring back tradition to the Sea Eagles home jersey. With so many variations over the past years, it is a perfect opportunity to look back at our heritage to produce a home jersey that is unique to our rivals and is symbolic of Manly (the hoops). The hoops started to come into our jersey design 1968 and was used up until 1992. It has come back into appearance time to time but never consistently. While our current jersey has the hoops divided into two lots of 4 (totaling 8 (the number of premierships))… This updated jersey certainly reverts back to tradition.

AWAY JERSEY | We are looking at producing something more unique. Whilst we have produced a mock-up of the reverse of one of the home jersey 1, we are interested in the use of a chevron. The chevron was on our first ever jersey used from 47-50. It appears in our jerseys throughout the 2000's and by having a jersey that offers a different look and feel it may cater to a different market.

The home one is great but the away one reminds me of our 98 jersey that brought us nil success.

The home one is great but the away one reminds me of our 98 jersey that brought us nil success.
I didn't mind the FAI jersey, but like you said.......no happy memories from 98 and 99 when we wore it.
Probably the only jersey in our history i hated was the reebok away strip we wore that was the exact same as Melbourne's away jersey but just different colours. Awful idea.
Not too fond of the 2003/2004 home strip either.

There were more options than just those. (fyi)

A home and away hoop (traditional)
A home and away chevron
And a pretty ugly "modern" one where the hoops were replaced by big blobby stripes.

I didn't mind the FAI jersey, but like you said.......no happy memories from 98 and 99 when we wore it.
Probably the only jersey in our history i hated was the reebok away strip we wore that was the exact same as Melbourne's away jersey but just different colours. Awful idea.
Not too fond of the 2003/2004 home strip either.
And that blue n gold marvel one.
Slime colours.
What were we smoking.....

I voted for hoops on both home and away. However, I don’t think the white away jersey with hoops is that impressive. Happy enough for the white with the V.

I also mentioned my dislike for the cartoon character Sea Eagle and whether we could go back to the traditional Eagle carrying the MW football.

I actually like both.

Big fan of the home jersey.

I like how the away jersey has quite a lot of maroon on it, rather than the recent predominantly white jersey (I know it needs to be an alternative colour).

Has the club ever thought of using an alternative to white for the away strip? Like Navy?

Happy with both, and all tbh. Whoever is making these decisions these days has style imo. Well done to the club.

I may be biased, but there aren't better jerseys in the entire league.

No matter how bad our form is, at.least we look good in achieving it - hehehe

Navy? We are maroon and white - let’s not change who we are and keep our colours.

Maroon and white is iconic.

There's an 'option' or other general comments spot in the survey but a couple of years ago everyone seemed to like one with the big eagle on it. Hopefully people add that info in the survey and we might see the return of it or one similar for some special 'round'.

Navy? We are maroon and white - let’s not change who we are and keep our colours.

Maroon and white is iconic.

Just a thought for the away strip.

The home strip should always be Maroon and white.

In the modern day lots of clubs around the world are doing alternative away kit designs rather than the inverse of their home colours.

Quite a few people I knew liked the falcon Jersey that was the navy/grey Jersey. My bro wears his fairly often and he said he gets a lot of comments about it.

Anyway just throwing it out there, I respect not all will agree.

Just a thought for the away strip.

The home strip should always be Maroon and white.

In the modern day lots of clubs around the world are doing alternative away kit designs rather than the inverse of their home colours.

Quite a few people I knew liked the falcon Jersey that was the navy/grey Jersey. My bro wears his fairly often and he said he gets a lot of comments about it.

Anyway just throwing it out there, I respect not all will agree.
Yeah I know a lot of teams are doing it - I’m just not a fan. No problem with different ideas at all - I just love the fact that we haven’t gone down the path other teams have.

If another colour was introduced - Black would be the only way I’d go as the maroon and white would pop. There is something about the clean white strip with maroon hoops though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8