• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From the sounds of it our 2017 line up might look like:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Dylan Walker
CE - Steve Matai
WG - Edrick Lee
FE - Api Koroisau / Nico Hynes / Tom Wright
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Darcy Lussick
HK - Matt Parcell
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Liam Knight
SR - Jamie Buhrer
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Res - Lewis Brown, Nate Myles, Siosaia Vave, Addin Fonua-Blake

As said, that is what it might look like. Of course it also depends on who we actually manage to sign and who (other than Killer) leaves.

As for 2018.....too early to say.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Dylan Walker
CE - Steve Matai
WG - Edrick Lee
PR - Darcy Lussick
HK - Matt Parcell
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Liam Knight
SR - Jamie Buhrer
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

As said, that is what it might look like. Of course it also depends on who we actually manage to sign and who (other than Killer) leaves.

I'm looking at the age of that squad HV8 and that's not bad. We do need a quality 5/8 but we might have a young bloke already in the club. Whatever if we buy, buy young. We've attempted a quick fix and have a look.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Dylan Walker
CE - Steve Matai
WG - Edrick Lee
PR - Darcy Lussick
HK - Matt Parcell
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Liam Knight
SR - Jamie Buhrer
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Not bad we just need one more good second rower to give DCE a go to man and someone who runs great lines like Gillett or Lowe then we will be good to go IMO also need a 5/8. Koroisau at 5/8 is still too much on DCE, Wright isn't ready same for Hynes too much for DCE too handle. I'd sign Hastings if it was me. And also Skivvi I can't see coming back to play for just one year after major neck surgery may need a replacement for him also. I just hope that we can get some luck with injuries and the draw next year cause this year on paper we would have been a top 4 side.

Not bad we just need one more good second rower to give DCE a go to man and someone who runs great lines like Gillett or Lowe then we will be good to go IMO also need a 5/8. Koroisau at 5/8 is still too much on DCE, Wright isn't ready same for Hynes too much for DCE too handle. I'd sign Hastings if it was me. And also Skivvi I can't see coming back to play for just one year after major neck surgery may need a replacement for him also. I just hope that we can get some luck with injuries and the draw next year cause this year on paper we would have been a top 4 side.
Agree with most of it Turbo. Cept I reckon Hastings is a drongo. His teammates seem to agree. We don't need anymore hateables no matter if they can play. Tell you who I do like though, that matterson that played for city. Yes he's a natural centre but played 5/8 for the roosters a week or two back. Buy young I say.

As said, it depends on who we sign, who other than Killer leaves etc. We might still have Snake in 2017 (however unlikely). Skivy might still play on as his surgery might fix his neck to the point where he can play (we all thought BJ was just about gone after his back surgery.....).

I agree 5/8 will be the main issue. Unless we sign someone like Hastings (talented but a dick) or *gulp* Corey Norman, it'll either be Walker (unlikely), Koroisau or one of the young guns because not many quality halves will be on the market, or at least ones we might be able to afford.

I also agree we need a hard running, skillful back rower. Knight may well be that player.

What we don't need is another prop. We're already top heavy with props but we're light on for second rowers.

As said, it depends on who we sign, who other than Killer leaves etc. We might still have Snake in 2017 (however unlikely). Skivy might still play on as his surgery might fix his neck to the point where he can play (we all thought BJ was just about gone after his back surgery.....).

I agree 5/8 will be the main issue. Unless we sign someone like Hastings (talented but a dick) or *gulp* Corey Norman, it'll either be Walker (unlikely), Koroisau or one of the young guns because not many quality halves will be on the market, or at least ones we might be able to afford.

I also agree we need a hard running, skillful back rower. Knight may well be that player.

What we don't need is another prop. We're already top heavy with props but we're light on for second rowers.
Yeah just can't see koroisau as a long term 5/8. In fact with Parcell and Pratt can't see him as a long term sea eagle. Lest he becomes budget priced.

Yeah just can't see koroisau as a long term 5/8. In fact with Parcell and Pratt can't see him as a long term sea eagle. Lest he becomes budget priced.
I think he could nail down a utility spot on the bench, come off the bench maybe play a roving running lock, cover injuries play a bit of hooker.

Knight is going to be in the side for sure and I heard joey once talking about him saying he was a ball playing backrower. And 5/8 definitely the main issue, but with a shortage of good halves on the market this year we may have to fill that gap for a short period of time in 2017 and wait for a good half to come.

Just to clarify, @Turbo 's list is players off contract at the end of 2017.

According to that page, Manly have 19 players coming off contract at the end of this season alone.

Rhys Armstrong, Luke Burgess, Pita Godinet, Fabian Goodall, Nathan Green, Jayden Hodges, Nico Hynes, Isaac John, Dylan Kelly, Halauafu Lavaka, Brenton Lawrence, Blake Leary, Feleti Mateo, Hugh Pratt, Tony Santini, Josh Starling, Jorge Taufua, Siosaia Vave, Brayden Wiliame.

I'm betting there will be another clean out at the end of this season with really only Taufua and Vave pretty much guaranteed to be offered extensions.

We know Mateo and Burgess will be gone, probably Starling as well and given his age, maybe also BJ (but I hope not). Wiliame might snag an extension (other than his W-L record he's really not all that bad). I can also see the club probably wanting to keep Pratt, John, Leary, Green, Hynes and possibly Santini.

We're also losing Killer to retirement and possibly Snake for the same reason (I'd say that one is 50/50), while Skivy going around in 2017 will depend on the success of his surgery and rehab.

Regardless of who we sign and who we let go, what we need to do beyond any shadow of a doubt is make sure we sign the Turbo's to contracts beyond 2017 which is when both are off contract, though I would like to think that the club is already working on that one. They'd be damn stupid if they weren't.

Just to clarify, @Turbo 's list is players off contract at the end of 2017.

According to that page, Manly have 19 players coming off contract at the end of this season alone.

Rhys Armstrong, Luke Burgess, Pita Godinet, Fabian Goodall, Nathan Green, Jayden Hodges, Nico Hynes, Isaac John, Dylan Kelly, Halauafu Lavaka, Brenton Lawrence, Blake Leary, Feleti Mateo, Hugh Pratt, Tony Santini, Josh Starling, Jorge Taufua, Siosaia Vave, Brayden Wiliame.

I'm betting there will be another clean out at the end of this season with really only Taufua and Vave pretty much guaranteed to be offered extensions.

We know Mateo and Burgess will be gone, probably Starling as well and given his age, maybe also BJ (but I hope not). Wiliame might snag an extension (other than his W-L record he's really not all that bad). I can also see the club probably wanting to keep Pratt, John, Leary, Green, Hynes and possibly Santini.

We're also losing Killer to retirement and possibly Snake for the same reason (I'd say that one is 50/50), while Skivy going around in 2017 will depend on the success of his surgery and rehab.

Lawrence, burgess, starling, Mateo, Goodall, Green, Satini and hodges won't be getting re signed.

John, Armstrong, Lavaka, Kelly and Leary may get re signed.

Tafua, Vave, Williame, Pratt, Hynes and Godinet will get re signed.

With all that cash including Lyons pay and snake and Skivvis pending retirement we are going to have a lot a cash to spend.

Extra cash to spend is good.....but there have to be good players to spend it on and the money needs to be spent wisely.

And that extra cash won't just be spent chasing players. Some of it will also end up going to players like the Turbo's, Parcell etc with upgrades and extensions. Its a fine balance really and something I'm glad I'm not in charge of.

And that extra cash won't just be spent chasing players. Some of it will also end up going to players like the Turbo's, Parcell etc with upgrades and extensions. Its a fine balance really and something I'm glad I'm not in charge of.
Yes very complex, we need to upgrade Turbo bros next year that is a priority.

Dont forget Willis Meehan should be with us by then.

2016/2017
1. Trbojevic
2. Tafua
3. Walker
4. Matai
5. Ramien
6. Koroisau
7. Cherry Evans
8. Lussick
9. Parcell
10. Tapau
11. Buhrer