2016 under 20s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Depends on plans for Tommy turbo. Fonua Blake is too old for NYC. The way I see it we are short up front but strong elsewhere. Hoppa will push for a spot after ball is completed.

1. Trbojevic/Hynes
2. Bogle
3. Parker
4. Ramien
5. Thomas/O'Toole
6. Wright
7. Cust
8. Faatui
9. Garay
10. Tarrant
11. Walker
12. Bainbridge
13. Cox
14. Hynes
15. Sims
16. Noovao- McGreal
17. Casson
Garay, Faatui, Parker, Otoole, Cust, Tarrant and Bainbridge all from this years SG Ball team which Randall coached. Cust and Tarrant are both 17 and still eligible for SG Ball, big responsibility to be your starting halfback and front row in 20's, are they ready for it? Or will they play SG Ball then be eased into the 20's like young hoppa? Also is Mitch Casson still with us, trialled for the Knights U20's.

Pjayz .....what do you base your opinion on that Tom Wright will play first grade?
Have you seen him play?
Hi mate, I was referring to Tom Trbojevic not Tom Wright. Tom Wright will need a couple of years in the lower grades first I would think.

Thanks Smithy.....apologies for the misinterpretation........
Have seen Wright at Joeys and rep stuff and his defence is a major question in league.........

Garay, Faatui, Parker, Otoole, Cust, Tarrant and Bainbridge all from this years SG Ball team which Randall coached. Cust and Tarrant are both 17 and still eligible for SG Ball, big responsibility to be your starting halfback and front row in 20's, are they ready for it? Or will they play SG Ball then be eased into the 20's like young hoppa? Also is Mitch Casson still with us, trialled for the Knights U20's.
Seem to remember zac Nicholls playing halfback for the nsw cup team at 17, cade is good enough for 20s

A lot of contributors on these forums seem to under estimate the defensive qualities of Union players. I would suggest though that the average union player is as competent in defense as League players. In fact if you watch a Union game you see that action is far more continuous and players have to react quickly in defense. League only has five plays before the ball is probably going to the other side and there's time to recover. In union a team may have an ongoing set of attacking plays that may last several minutes one side of the field to the other. If anything the Union players have to do quite a bit more defensive work during those periods even in the backs than the average League player. What I've seen of union teams, they manage their defense as effectively as their league counterparts. Its just that League is more strategic and structured and requires a different style of defense.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Will be tough for Tarrant although as I mentioned we are short there depending on who else we bring in. Cust should be fine, if he was good enough to be in the 18s origin then he would be good enough for NYC although again if trbojevic plays down they could use a Wright and Hynes combination.

Matty johns son jack was cut
Didn't even realise! That must have been why the 20s squad was taken down when it was first posted in November haha! Anywho, looking forward to seeing the other new faces and of course the familiar ones too :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6