2016 - Manly worst season since the Northern Beagles in 2003

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly will never be the same again under this NRL.

1. The NRL fixed the draw so that Manly must now play every Sydney club away every season. Was easier to get 2 points up for win facing Cows or Warriors away than Shark Park, Kogarah, Parra Stadium, Penrith, Dogs, Souths, Roosters, Leichardt Oval. But now Manly get most of our away games against Sydney teams at their fortresses which means right from the start we 6 or 8 points worse off on the points table - enough to miss the top 8 finals.
2. The NRL salary cap ensures that success is followed by failure.

The only good news will be if we avoid the spoon each year.

Let Manly be Manly. Get rid of the cap & let our 1970s & 80s glamour club come back. Would the Liverpool FC or Manchester be any good under a cap? The NRL has ruined Manly's brand.

I hate to say it mate, but without the cap we would have been confined to the bottom 8. Super league made sure to empty our coffers so that we could never dominate financially again. Bronco's Parra and Roosters would be top 3 every year if not for the cap.

I'd be looking at Cleary

Not sure he is the answer. Coached 252 games with a win percentage of 48%. Then again we turfed a club legend with a win percentage of 58% so what do I know.

Cleary's coaching record:

Warriors:
2006: 10/15
2007: 04/16 - Finals 2nd week
2008: 08/16 - Finals 3rd week
2009: 14/16
2010: 05/16 - Finals 1st week
2011: 06/16 - Runners-up

Panthers:
2012: 15/16
2013: 10/16
2014: 04/16 - Finals 3rd week
2015: 11/16

Not sure he is the answer. Coached 252 games with a win percentage of 48%. Then again we turfed a club legend with a win percentage of 58% so what do I know.

Warriors:

Panthers:
Well figures don't lie, I guess I'm just desperate for a Manly connection in the coaching box I just believe that without a history with the club the blokes we've tried

Warriors:

Panthers:
I can't argue with your figures my friend, I guess I'm just desperate to see a Manly connection in the coaches box, we've tried non Manly personel in the past and it's obvious that they haven't been able to blend into the Manly culture

It's nice to think that we rose to great heights during our decade of dominance simply because we are "Manly" but the reality is we had one of the three best coaches in the game working his magic. Des single handedly orchestrated a revival at Manly with some very shrewd recruitment and development of players and staff alike. He had a wonderful Manly legend in Toovey to stand beside him and for that reason we were able to survive the exit of Hasler for a little while but until we get a seriously great coach I can't see us challenging for a title.

There are signs that the players are competing for Barrett so just maybe he can rebuild us, but I doubt it unfortunately.

Which Manly-bred coach currently in our ranks would you replace him with?

Luke Williamson
Chad Randall
Brett/Scott Fulton
John Hopoate

Hasler is under contract and Toovey is not an option for the current owners, so they are both out of the picture.

Phil Blake....he'll have DCE chipping anda chasing like its 1983!

There seems to be a lot of wisdom after the event when the talk comes to coaching. How many of us critics have a good enough record of predicting coaching success before it happens to be qualified to bag failure after it happens. Anyone get close to predicting the trajectory of Ricky Stuart, Paul Green , Neil Henry, Bennett at the Knights, Maguire, Flanaggin sp , etc . If anyone can get within a million miles of predicting all the coaches winning % in one year before kick off not round 20, I would be stunned , and if none of us can do this maybe the people who appoit coaches need to be cut just a little slack. Is anyone prepared to rate all this years coaches out of 10 and see how this rating looks in two years time. I would have no hope

There seems to be a lot of wisdom after the event when the talk comes to coaching. How many of us critics have a good enough record of predicting coaching success before it happens to be qualified to bag failure after it happens. Anyone get close to predicting the trajectory of Ricky Stuart, Paul Green , Neil Henry, Bennett at the Knights, Maguire, Flanaggin sp , etc . If anyone can get within a million miles of predicting all the coaches winning % in one year before kick off not round 20, I would be stunned , and if none of us can do this maybe the people who appoit coaches need to be cut just a little slack. Is anyone prepared to rate all this years coaches out of 10 and see how this rating looks in two years time. I would have no hope
Don't go making sense around here mate. It's not welcome! ;)

It's a cold day and I have nothing better to do than list some of the Daly M coaches of the year of the last twenty years. Chris Anderson, John Lang, David Waite, Brian Smith x 2, Kevin Moore, Neil Henry, Steve Folkes, Daniel Anderson, Ivan Cleary , Ricky Stuart . Trouble is despite having at least average intelligence and the benefit of hindsight I find it hard to work out who out of this lot is a good coach.

Get rid of Cartwright as assistant & replace him with either Cliffy or Beaver!!!

No way! They will be dragged through the mud and will tarnish their legacy. No Manly greats should be put into the firing line of a short term job that always ends ugly.

No way! They will be dragged through the mud and will tarnish their legacy. No Manly greats should be put into the firing line of a short term job that always ends ugly.
So Bozo is not a Manly great @:rolleyes::giggle:

Bring on Killer's Farewell then forfeit the Riffs game - 2017 is just around the corner:rock:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4