2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Nope I'd say ransom..... Is daly better than thurston? I think not.
1.1mil out of a 6.5 mil cap? No thanks.Management has got this one right 100% all the way!
Anything above 750-800k is overs!!! Plus the wanker holds us to ransom every other year!!!!! Whose to say he won't demand 1.8 mil in 18 months?
But we don't have Thurston either.

I'm just comparing them, that's all. And the fact thurston is a multiple dally m winner and DCE isn't, yet daly wants to be payed equally. Don't worry I don't want thurston , just making a point.

You know what i find most strange.

When DCE announced he was leaving - the media immediately went Manly need to trade him with players from titans. Only very few hinted that they should try keep him.

When Foz announced he was going - the media said manly now need to fight to get foz to pull the parra deal.

I understand that manly pulled DCE contract and that would give the impression they dont want him, but now that foz is going, not once have i heard that the media suggest manly should now go after keeping DCE. Especially after saturdays first half vs melb.

All i read is that Manly shouldn't release him early.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't understand this either. As posted by some others it appears that the no one at Manly really rates DCE but they all love Foz. There has been not one hint from the club or in the media that manly would try and get DCE to backflip prior to round 13.

Yeah I don't understand this either. As posted by some others it appears that the no one at Manly really rates DCE but they all love Foz. There has been not one hint from the club or in the media that manly would try and get DCE to backflip prior to round 13.

All part of Kelly's master plan. LOL
Rellocation.

Pay Cherry, buy another Burgess with the Foz money - no chance in hell we wont be in the top 8 in 2016.

Kelly....... swallow your bull**** pride and deal with the little ****.

And I don't like DCE 1 bit (swarmy ****) but **** he can play football.

Yep. Totally beyond me as well. All I can think is Zorba bitterness. Bitterness that would go so far as to ruin a club? Surely not?

All part of Kelly's master plan. LOL
Rellocation.
Ryan THEY CAN'T MOVE!! Take your tin foil hat off and think rationally. This isn't major league the movie. We aren't tanking. The owners can't move us. More importantly why would they. You get into this as fans not to make money. Have a look at the worth of Penn Health. This is money found in a couch to them

Ryan THEY CAN'T MOVE!! Take your tin foil hat off and think rationally. This isn't major league the movie. We aren't tanking. The owners can't move us. More importantly why would they. You get into this as fans not to make money. Have a look at the worth of Penn Health. This is money found in a couch to them

It was just a joke joyce. Jesus Chris, chill.

It was just a joke joyce. Jesus Chris, chill.
sorry mate sick of people saying it for real. Theres only so many times it can be refuted before it just gets frustrating. People tend to read other posters on here and then perpetuate the paranoia. Your post looked serious hence I bit.

It doesn't matter now what MWSE offer him, the NRL backed Titans will outbid us. Greenslime is behind it, i'm sure.

1. Can't understand why anybody would suck up to Cherry who doesn't want to be at Brookie. Why would we want a divisive figure in our club, no matter how good he is? He has clearly stated he wanted to go back to QLD. Let him have his wish.

2. He takes up too much of our cap.

3. Not all, but there are some players here that don't like him. It's a fact.

4. Last three teams that won the Grand Final (Storm, Easts, Bunnies), did not have DCE in their team. We can win without him if the others can.

Please people. Move on.
There are always somebody else who wants to wear the Manly jersey without requiring the jingling of coins when you run with it on.

1. Can't understand why anybody would suck up to Cherry who doesn't want to be at Brookie. Why would we want a divisive figure in our club, no matter how good he is? He has clearly stated he wanted to go back to QLD. Let him have his wish.

4. Last three teams that won the Grand Final (Storm, Easts, Bunnies), did not have DCE in their team. We can win without him if the others can.

Please people. Move on.
There are always somebody else who wants to wear the Manly jersey without requiring the jingling of coins when you run with it on.
I only heard him say after his Manly contract was withdrawn and it came down to being between Sharks and Titans that Titans had the added benefit of him being closer to his mum and dad.
His early comments were always his preference to stay at Manly as that's where his partner is from.
Most of the players who don't like him have left or are leaving.

Please people. Move on.
Well said brother !!! :)

I only heard him say after his Manly contract was withdrawn and it came down to being between Sharks and Titans that Titans had the added benefit of him being closer to his mum and dad.
His early comments were always his preference to stay at Manly as that's where his partner is from.
At the end of the day if he wanted to stay he would have stayed but he took the overs from a desperate club and is deserting us .

I think the club mismanaged all off this from the gift saga onwards however I also think they had some bad luck. I think quantum faction would have signed gift last year but they couldn't fit him in if they wanted to keep foz and dce. Heaps of clubs do this eg dogs and Ennis and storm and Hoffman. they didn't pick up on the fact that watmow snake foz skivi would lose it which was stupid. They still could have recovered and signed one or both dce/foran but the change in mgmt and then the dishonesty from foran plus the NRL backing the titans re DCE was a little out of their control.

1. Cherry didn't sign with us even when we set a deadline. We only pulled the contract after he jerked us around. He's a smart politician. Making us look like the bad guys whilst he is all so innocent. Don't buy into his comments. He's a two headed viper. He said, whatever the fans say about him, he sleeps well at night. So there you go - an unconscionable man.

2. Cherry demanded an upgrade of his contract after 2011 season, even though he signed for less. He was going to walk from us if we didn't. We bent for him.
Contracts do not mean anything to him.
This club does not mean anything to him.

Last edited:
foran and dce have caused a lot of trouble. They are great players but they have caused so much angst. Foran is potentially worse than dce - he almost went to the dogs and only Brent kite etc convinced him not to. Also demanded an upgrade from 400 to 650 as someone else posted once des left with the get out clause which ultimately helped end the career of kite and possibly Glenn Stewart at manly. Then took 6 months to tell the club he was going to parra when Ryan heard him say it in a cafe last year. If he told the club last year he was going when then we prob could have kept dce

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11