2016 Finals Series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
While Manly prepare for an epic form comeback for next year we can relax and watch the finals without angst and raised blood pressure. We can still continue with new sack Barrett threads after each finals game.
I'm hoping for an entertaining series. The three teams I specifically don't want to win are dogs, storm and donkeys.
I'd like to see Canberra win as they've done the hard yards for many seasons and really look the goods.
My next preferences are the riff, sharks and cowboys in that order.
I don't think the Titans deserve to win scraping in on 27 points but I'll cheer for them ahead of the 3 evil ones.
I know many won't give a crap now that Manly's gone but for those who'll continue watching please share your thoughts fellow Silvertails.

I actually might watch each game wearingy Matai jersey and yelling out Go Manly!

No Manly in the finals so don't really care TBH. I'll just watch for the sake of it now because I love the game of rugby league.

At least last year we still had the U/20's in the finals. This year we have NO ONE.

I want the panthers to win. I think they play quite an entertaining brand of footy, and I like Moylan, Cartwright and Cleary. Plus I want all 3 of these guys to be firing for NSW.

There are only 2 things I would like to see.

Brisbane to NOT make the Grand Final. To put up with another week of Nein's Wayne Bennett love fest would make me want to vomit.....often. Even worse if they win.

And no way do I want the Sharks to win. Manly have a proud tradition of keeping the Sharks premiership-less...and I don't want that to be stuffed up by some other team losing to them.

There are only 2 things I would like to see.

Brisbane to NOT make the Grand Final. To put up with another week of Nein's Wayne Bennett love fest would make me want to vomit.....often. Even worse if they win.

And no way do I want the Sharks to win. Manly have a proud tradition of keeping the Sharks premiership-less...and I don't want that to be stuffed up by some other team losing to them.

I agree with not wanting the Sharks to win. Too many smug, a***holes in that team (Ennis, Fifita, Barba, Gallen the Whinger, Bird & Holmes in particular). I only wish Manly beat them in a few more grand finals!

Go the Raiders or Panthers!

I will be happily watching our U/20's try and make up for the grand final loss last year by going one better in this years U/20's finals series.

Oh wait that's right, they came dead last and will be joining our 1st grade and NSW Cup sides on Mad Monday.

For the record, my tip for GF is Storm vs Raiders with storm winners by 14

I think Storm will win; however, I would like to see Canberra take it out. As long as it isn't the Cowboys, I'll be ok with it; although, Broncos and Bulldogs can take a hike also - actually so can Melbourne. That leaves the Sharks, Raiders and Panthers - well Sharks have a legacy to maintain, so that rules them out.

Canberra v Penrith - golden point, with it still being a draw after extra time, then the powers that be not knowing what the next option is under the rules as they never considered it happening.

Greenburg comes onto the ground announcing that Canberra have won because it's closest to the NRL's agenda, then tin foil hats are distributed out to the crowd and a mind bending sound with a monotone voice-over is played on the PA system telling everyone "You loved the game, the best team won, the NRL is great, Todd is your mate and Manly are evil."

Looks like Super League won the war after all!! All of the top 8 are former SL affiliated teams (except the Tits) and the bottom 8 are the former ARL teams plus the wobblers.

My personal preference would be Penrith but I reckon the storm will take it out, they're just too good at cheating!!

Last year's finals series was hard to watch because there were teams in the eight that I knew we might have beaten on the day. This year I have lost that confidence.

Believe it will be a repeat of last years grand final with Brisbane sending Parker out with a grand final victory. My only wish is Cronulla don't win. Detest Gallen , Ennis & Fifita with a passion. The three are the poorest advertisements for rugby league with their grubby acts and arrogant behaviour.

Just as long as the Donkeys or Dogs don't win.
I can even cop a Storm victory as I admire the way they always compete and are always in the finals, proving that you can stay at the top. Too many posters have given our club the "get-out" reason for our demise as being the salary cap. Melbourne proves this need not be the case.

image.jpeg

Is it possible Trent purposely derailed Manly's '16 season because the thought of a GF bucket of Gatorade going over his hair was too much?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2