2016 are you excited, nervous or other?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G'day all,Sadly I have to say I have never been more disillusioned about Rugby League,not only with the rubbish we've had to endure from within our club,but also the general direction and administration of the game as a whole.
In saying that I still hope that our team has a successful year even though i'm finding it hard to be as passionate about footie as I use to.
cheers mike

Excited. After last year's generally "un-Manly" like performances, watching our forward pack get dominated game after game after game... Well this year we can give it a biiiig rattle methinks. Gun backline, heavy hitting forward pack with some real impact... Ooooooooh yeah!!

As @Mark from Brisbane would say, I've got a stiffy you could jimmy windows with :D

Not only a winner emoji but has to be THE WINNER!!!

G'day all,Sadly I have to say I have never been more disillusioned about Rugby League,not only with the rubbish we've had to endure from within our club,but also the general direction and administration of the game as a whole.
In saying that I still hope that our team has a successful year even though i'm finding it hard to be as passionate about footie as I use to.
cheers mike

Mike it's not the same, I agree,it's a different game, a business , not much loyalty, different rules as someone else has said its now " X Factor" , all about TV, all about ratings , all about creating " excitement".

But you either walk away, or accept the change.

I've accepted the change but happy to whinge like anything on here about it.

Mike it's not the same, I agree,it's a different game, a business , not much loyalty, different rules as someone else has said its now " X Factor" , all about TV, all about ratings , all about creating " excitement".

To quote Bozo from the 90's - we don't criticize, but merely state our observations :giggle:

G'day all,Yes Mark I know that change is inevitable and I accept that. Its just the old curmudgeon in me coming out,but i think we all tend to measure things against what we perceive to be better times,particularly for those of us that have a few more miles in our legs.
Mind you Mark I have become a golf tragic and my wife tells me she preferred me when I was a footie nut.I guess I can't win.
cheers mike

G'day all,Yes Mark I know that change is inevitable and I accept that. Its just the old curmudgeon in me coming out,but i think we all tend to measure things against what we perceive to be better times,particularly for those of us that have a few more miles in our legs.
Mind you Mark I have become a golf tragic and my wife tells me she preferred me when I was a footie nut.I guess I can't win.
cheers mike

Yep I understand that, and agree it's hard to accept, imagine me a fan since 1963!!

All my wife has to cope with these days are my fishing stories,my new found love of lawn bowls AND throwing things at the TV when Manly play.

Yep I understand that, and agree it's hard to accept, imagine me a fan since 1963!!

All my wife has to cope with these days are my fishing stories,my new found love of lawn bowls AND throwing things at the TV when Manly play.
G'day all,Well Mark no matter what else we're still here to talk about it,and to quote one of my favourite song titles "Aint Life Grand "
cheers mike

tumblr_n95504gA491qbsdxpo1_400.jpg

G'day all,Well Mark no matter what else we're still here to talk about it,and to quote one of my favourite song titles "Aint Life Grand "
cheers mike

Life is grand mate.

I still love watching my team play, I just don't watch as much footy as I used to.

The changes are frustrating , it's less Gladitorial and far too sanitised for me, add in the " KFC" time, the dumb decisions and you could easily walk away BUT I can't !!

Manly4Life

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6