2013 Memberships

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sure, to better it is what all clubs should aspire to,but the reality is that clubs like Manly, Cronulla and the Roosters,will never better the supporter base of most other clubs in Sydney such as the Dragons, Souths Parra and Dogs,as their demographics just don't allow it.
We probably have a better external supporter base, such as Queensland and NZ.

Peter C said:
Sure, to better it is what all clubs should aspire to,but the reality is that clubs like Manly, Cronulla and the Roosters,will never better the supporter base of most other clubs in Sydney such as the Dragons, Souths Parra and Dogs,as their demographics just don't allow it.

We would if we can win the hearts & minds of kids living in the northern suburbs of Sydney. No reason for us to restrict ourselves to Manly, Warringah & Pittwater.

Norths are dead in the NRL. North of the harbour is vacant.

Mals said:
Peter C said:

We would if we can win the hearts & minds of kids living in the northern suburbs of Sydney. No reason for us to restrict ourselves to Manly, Warringah & Pittwater.

Norths are dead in the NRL. North of the harbour is vacant.

The stench of North is still lingering north of the harbour, and will linger for a while still.
I think union is a bigger problem for Manly in the northern suburbs

We need to get more involved in the junior comps up that way as well as in our back yard, start pushing the message hard sure their Norths supporting parents may hate it but as long as the kids are happy to support manly who cares?

Also does anyone else hate the fact driving around the Northern Beaches i see more rabbitohs stickers on cars then i do manly ones? it really annoys me that they are happy to live in gods country but support a **** team.

Peter C said:
I think union is a bigger problem for Manly in the northern suburbs

I disagree, no reason why people can't watch & support teams in both League & Union, I do.

Jonesyv2 said:
We need to get more involved in the junior comps up that way as well as in our back yard, start pushing the message hard sure their Norths supporting parents may hate it but as long as the kids are happy to support manly who cares?

Also does anyone else hate the fact driving around the Northern Beaches i see more rabbitohs stickers on cars then i do manly ones? it really annoys me that they are happy to live in gods country but support a s**t team.

Re: stickers, I think you'll find more people prepared to put the simple (and effective) rabbit sticker on the car, as opposed to a year-specific one.

Might be worth the club considering for future years memberships kits.

A sticker like the old white MW logo from the 40's or 50's which has the shape of a eagle with MW below it would be good. I would probably stick that on the car.

More Rabbitohs fans on the north side?? Surely not!!
Jonesy, it's the Illawarra Steelers all around again. Majority of locals Locals don't really go, nor care!! Why do we get 12-15k in a area of a million. Because the area isn't really a footy heartland. We have a gf winning team probably playing the best footy in the nrl and we are the worst supported.
Hate the day when Parra actually win because then you will see mass supporters. Our owners need to do everything possible to make money as it's clear we are similar to Norths/Illawarra with fans paying money. Can't be helped but I want a team forever!!

I think we have quite a decent supporter base it is just they prefer to watch at home and only come out at GF time. I have recently moved back to the Nth Beaches from Nth Sydney and all my new neighbours go for Manly but when I ask how often they go to games they say rarely, just watch on TV instead.

Darren said:
More Rabbitohs fans on the north side?? Surely not!!
Jonesy, it's the Illawarra Steelers all around again. Majority of locals Locals don't really go, nor care!! Why do we get 12-15k in a area of a million. Because the area isn't really a footy heartland. We have a gf winning team probably playing the best footy in the nrl and we are the worst supported.
Hate the day when Parra actually win because then you will see mass supporters. Our owners need to do everything possible to make money as it's clear we are similar to Norths/Illawarra with fans paying money. Can't be helped but I want a team forever!!

No doubt we could do with more paying fans but you're using hyperbole there Darren! Manly was 8th out of the 15 Australian NRL teams by attendance last year, 14,593 crowd average. We were ahead of the Cowboys, Titans, Cronulla, Storm, Roosters, Panthers & Raiders.

Chip and Chase said:
Larissa said:
Wow, what's in that Canadian water!?

Canadian Club whiskey more than likely.

Ahh memories (or lack thereof).

CC and crown royal actually give me a headache (must be the rye).

Jim Beam (take note sponsors) all the way!

Actually I wish JB would sell the premix cans over here. Surprised they don't.

Now....everyone join up!

Hopefully we will get more then folaus warratahs they are at 7900 members. Shows how poor union is going if that's all they can muster, and their crowds have
Been poor of late.
http://www.nswrugby.com.au/Waratahs/Membership.aspx

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8