2013 Jan Davis Memorial Tipping Comp Winner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well the tipping season is done and dusted for another year, we can now concentrate on Manly's surge through another finals series. But before we put away the form guides for another year we need to acknowledge the best Silvertails tippers for 2013. If you've just tuned in we have already established that the top 5 finishers this year were

@Clint - 290
@mickqld - 290
@Stiffi - 290
@"Kiwi Eagle" - 288
@"the mauler" - 288

So after 26 rounds of tipping we have a 3 way tie. Unbelievable !! All 3 of these tippers correctly picked the Cowboys in the bonus game against the Tigers, so this years winning tipper will be determined by how close to the 28 point margin they could get.

This years 2013 Jan Davis Tipping Comp Runner Up receives a $150.00 merchandise voucher to spend up big on Manly gear in preparation for our 9th Premiership. And with a nominated score of 30-16 and a margin 14 points off the actual margin this years runner up is ......

@Stiffi

Great job by Stiffi, who seemed was on top of the leaderboard for 3/4 of the season, so much so I ran out of double entendres for my weekly wraps. Unlucky to come up just short after being the front runner for so long, but surely the great prize will soften the blow.

So without further ado we can announce that the 2013 Sea Eagles Fan Hubs Tipping Comp Winner with a nominated score of 34-16 and 10 short of the actual margin is..................

@mickqld

Mick has pulled off a phenomenal effort to top the tipping as he has not once tipped Manly this year in fear of breaking his traditional pessimistic outlook on Manly chances each week ;) Well done Mick, you've won yourself a 2014 Family Season Pass Membership Package courtesy of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Spare a thought for our defending champ @Clint who picked a score of 28-16 to just miss out on going back to back by a converted try. Great effort mate.

Clint's disappointment will be tempered somewhat by the knowledge he managed to take out our inaugural Earnie The Eagle Last Fan Standing Comp, and I'm sure he'll be parading around in his fantastic Cliffy autographed jersey.

And let's not forget @Roger winning the lucky tipper prize to take home a 2012 Jersey signed by our Co-Captains Killer and Kingy....just for taking the time to sign up and help out.

We also gave away over 30 double passes to Brookie for our weekly tipping winners, courtesy again of this great club of ours. Hopefully all those weekly winners had a great time at Brookie and took away some good memories.

So a great big thanks to @Larissa and the MWSE Club for sponsoring our tipping comp this year and offering up some great prizes. Also thanks to Dave and the others at the club that helped out with distributing the weekly prizes.

Really appreciate the assistance of @vidmar and the Footy Club ( http://www.manlyfootballclub.com.au/ ) with their help in securing some of the great signed jersey prizes. Also a big thanks to Russ (@Mybludog) for donating a jersey that will get a run next year as one of our prizes.

We have a couple of other members who kindly donate prizes anonymously in honour of our competition patrons. Much appreciated. Cheers to @SeaEagleRock8 who helped me getting things fired up at the start of the season as well.

I think you'll all agree that the prizes we had on offer this year were awesome and we couldn't have done it without the assistance of those listed above.

Finally a big thanks to all of you who signed up to the Tipping Comp this year and parted with some of your hard earned to help keep this site going. This place has always been a labour of love for @Dan and it's important for Silvertails future that it can become financially viable, especially given Dan's impending career move. You can already see some of the benefits of your contribution with the recent site upgrade. Our aim is to make this place a vibrant online community that caters to ALL Manly fans, and your support in that endeavour is crucial. So if you didn't sign up this year have a think about getting on board next year.....it's the ONLY way you are going to be in the running for some great prizes.

Go Manly !!!!!!!!

Congrats @mickqld & congrats @stiffi shattered not to have gone b2b, especially considering it was so damn close. But very happy to have been in the mix & very happy to hand the crown over to as passionate a manly fan as you could meet. Look after it @mickqld after all I want it back in the same condition when I collect it back next year.

A massive thank you to C&C for running the comp. I know a lot of work goes into running these mate. It is very much appreciated. Also a massive thank you to all the sponsors for all the awesome prizes @vidmar @dan

Sorry also thanks to @Mybludog & @Larissa

Oh & btw tigers you suck...how hard would it have been to score 1 more converted try... Seriously...

Congratulations to @mickqld – unbelievable that you never picked Manly at all!

A few others incredibly unlucky, but it made for an exciting comp with such a close race.

Massive credit goes to @"Chip and Chase", he has run this thing by himself since we kicked off, and that's been a big job. Always entertaining weekly up-dates, pity you didn't manage to win something yourself!

Also thanks to @Larissa and the Sea Eagles for helping us with prizes, and @Mybludog, and also @Vidmar for your efforts as well.

And yes it's true in a moment of supreme confidence I offered to buy a beer for anyone who beat me in this comp. In fact then I changed the offer to a case of beer. Then I realised I was drunk and deleted that but someone else had already quoted my post so I wish C & C didn't keep reminding everyone!
By my count 8 supremely knowledgeable tipsters finished above me so I am looking to raid the piggy bank. I live in Newcastle and doubt I can get to Sydney during the finals but at some suitable time I'd be happy to stump up if there's an ST get-together being organised. @globaleagle couldn't beat me but I'll shout you anyway if you can get here as I've always wanted to meet your hat. Could be fun. I nominate @"Kiwi Eagle" to arrange the entertainment :D

Anyhow, well done to all who took part, and to those who couldn't enter this year, have a go next time because it's to help Silvertails.

Well done to all

Easily the most engaging and well run tipping comp I have ever been in - we just need a most improved category for the nuffies like me to aim for next year....

Well done C&C, Dan, Larissa, Vidmar & co on running a great comp this year!

Despite many prizes on offer I go home empty handed*

* apart from the satisfaction of beating GE's tipping team (his hat, wife, moose) :D
** case of beer SER8 will be buying me (lol just joking mate!) ;)

Absolutely stoked to run equal first & even happier with the Merchandise Voucher. Will definitely have to go across to the Leagues Club and have a few celebratory drinks when I visit the store!

Thanks to @Chip and Chase & @Dan for running the comp & the website. Loved visiting here practically daily for my Manly fix. Thanks @Larissa and the Club for the prizes. I managed to get a double pass during the year & took my 12mo twin boys to their first Manly game, what an experience!

Congrats to @MickQLD for winning, well done mate. Well done also to @Clint for practically going back to back. Well done to all the other prize winners throughout the year.

This site & the Club should be proud of what an awesome thing they are doing here, makes me proud to support the Mighty Sea Eagles!! Just need to boys to bring home the premiership now!

I may have been using a bit of poetic licence when I claimed Mick didn't tip Manly all year, he more than likely did. He just likes to pretend each week that we won't win.

I should have mentioned that I need @Stiffi and @Roger to PM me their names and postal addresses so I can organise for your prizes to be sent out. @Clint, I got yours just haven't had a chance to get to the post office yet (really I just want to wear your jersey to this weekends finals game)

Mick I will need your full name and preferred email contact so I can pass onto the club and they will get in touch regarding your membership prize.

SER8, if im in charge of entertainment there will be bikini clad cheerleaders serving :p

Congrats to all the winners over the year, I'm sure we are all thinking of those 1-2 unfortunate tips right now !!

Think I should be up for a prize because under dans system of ranking placers I came in 2nd :p

Clint said:
Congrats @mickqld & congrats @stiffi shattered not to have gone b2b, especially considering it was so damn close.

B2B is pretty hard in the NRL these days Clint so don't be too hard on yourself. It's easy to lose that bit of hunger that makes all the difference. :rolleyes:

Thank you to all responsible and especially C&C for pushing things hard at the start and maintaining the effort. This was a great comp and deserved a close finish. Congrats to the winners and let's make it even bigger next season.

Shocked that I won but very very happy. Well done to Clint,Stiffi and all the tipping crew.Thanks heaps to everyone who contributes on this site it really keeps me in touch with this club I love so much. Contrary to popular belief I have tipped Manly on several occassions in fact nearly every week bar a couple. A big thanks to the organisers and moderators of this site it certainly would have to rank as the best NRL fan site there is, no doubt because we support the best club there is.
Finally LETS CRUSH THE FEATHERDUSTERS. GO MANLY !!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Mick and Stiffi. Special thanks to C&C for doing such a super job. This has definitely been the most exciting year with the prizes on offer so a big thanks to our great club and donators for being so generous. I've loved all of it.

Kiwi Eagle said:
SER8, if im in charge of entertainment there will be bikini clad cheerleaders serving :p
Haha, or just split the difference and hold it on the beach. Bikinis everywhere.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7