2013 GF Manly v Roosters (gotta be an investigation!)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
TC, I just can't see where you're coming from with your comment, 'improvement in the Rorters game'. I didn't see improvement. What I saw was the helping hand that some referees gave teams such as the Rorters and Souths, especially when they played us throughout the season. What I am lamenting is the inclusion of referee's bias on the outcome of games. It's a sad state when one has to check who are the five officials on the ground when determining who may or may not win games.

Ignorance like this is annoying but in some ways funny. How dare you say the 'Rorters' otherwise called the Roosters, were given a helping hand by the referees? The Roosters were the most penalised team all year and sorry that you guys didn't get your normal quota of piggy back penalties just because you played them on the GF. And lets not act innocently cause Manly has also been the recipient of wrong calls where it benefits them many a times. Grow up chump, you're making the Souffs fans look good.

Roosters were the most penalised team for a reason, they were constantly offside all season. I dont think they made the 10 once in the first final but credit to the coach as he knew no one would ever cop 10 in the bin for something as subjective as that which given the tight scoreline could easily have been the difference.

This is what we fail to understand. The roosters were obviously coached to push the rules to get the advantage and trained in how to deal with the outcome of 10 penalties a game and it was executed brilliantly throughout the season. So how does this team suddenly, miraculously turn into the saints of the league for the last game? There is a serious disconnect there.

Roger_Ramjet said:
DSM5 said:
TC, I just can't see where you're coming from with your comment, 'improvement in the Rorters game'. I didn't see improvement. What I saw was the helping hand that some referees gave teams such as the Rorters and Souths, especially when they played us throughout the season. What I am lamenting is the inclusion of referee's bias on the outcome of games. It's a sad state when one has to check who are the five officials on the ground when determining who may or may not win games.

Ignorance like this is annoying but in some ways funny. How dare you say the 'Rorters' otherwise called the Roosters, were given a helping hand by the referees? The Roosters were the most penalised team all year and sorry that you guys didn't get your normal quota of piggy back penalties just because you played them on the GF. And lets not act innocently cause Manly has also been the recipient of wrong calls where it benefits them many a times. Grow up chump, you're making the Souffs fans look good.

Did the Roosters ever win a penalty count in 2013, in the manner they enjoyed in the Grand Final? Did they ever play a 'perfect' 60 minutes like they had during the course of the GF, conceding not one single penalty?

Roosters did well to win during the season despite losing a vast majority of the counts, but that GF officialdom was an abhoration to the trend and worthy of being questioned.

PUBLISHED: 07 Oct 2013 07:47:00 | UPDATED: 08 Oct 2013 06:32:28

.......James Maloney's forward pass to Anthony Minichiello was seen by everyone at ANZ Stadium, except the officials.

It was a howler that may have decided the grand final.........

http://www.afr.com/p/national/roosters_win_great_controversial_HdpE1n2TOGE6UdG59piIAJ

I agree totally that "There needs to be an investigation."

Interesting indeed that that report is from the Financial Review. We can assume there were some big business interests involved...

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Interesting indeed that that report is from the Financial Review. We can assume there were some big business interests involved...

I think you'll find it was a report from AAP. The AFR just took a feed.

Hamster Huey said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
DSM5 said:

Did the Roosters ever win a penalty count in 2013, in the manner they enjoyed in the Grand Final? Did they ever play a 'perfect' 60 minutes like they had during the course of the GF, conceding not one single penalty?

Roosters did well to win during the season despite losing a vast majority of the counts, but that GF officialdom was an abhoration to the trend and worthy of being questioned.

Sorry but I'm really not into stats like others who live religiously with them however I did here that the Roosters won the penalty count v Cronulla and the Titans...2 games they lost prior to the finals. Maybe winning the penalty count isn't our thing. With that said, just because they lost most penalty count throughout the season, means nothing. Like SOO, the refs tend to be very lenient during the finals, especially in the GF something many fail to comprehend. Yes the refs made some howlers in the GF and the biggest ones were agains Manly however the Roosters did receive some calls against them, that shouldn't have.

The Who said:
Technical Coach said:
i tipped the Roosters to beat Manly on all four occasions this year

I tipped Manly to win on all four occasions. And I'm proud of it.
To boast that you tipped against the team you profess to support is shameful.

Sham TC. Shame. Shame. Shame.

mbe said:
The difference between the 2 teams was that we had to play in three semi final games and the Roosters only two. We threw everything at the Roosters in the first game and only just lost. They got the week of and we had to play against a very physical team in Cronulla the next week. All of this was just too much for our boys and they ran on empty for the last 20 minutes. The fact that the referees didn't help our boys made it that much harder for them. They will want revenge next year and I am sure they will get it (just like this year with Melbourne).

Firstly I would never tip against my own team. However I will admit that I was worried about the GF when we were going to play the roosters for the fourth time after already having lost to them three times prior to the GF. I'm happy that the boys got as far as the GF. Everyone wanted the GF to be between the rabbitohs and the roosters- they didn't make a secret of that- except what happened, huh? Our Manly boys just blew the rabbitohs out of the water! And so, because they didn't get the result they wanted, they had to give the win to the roosters. We'll be having a grand final rematch with the roosters in round four. Although it won't give us the premiership title, we can return the favour and hand the roosters their first loss against us- after their four straight victories- and claim the two points in the process.

Technical Coach said:
We were not good enough full stop, i tipped the Roosters to beat Manly on all four occasions this year which in itself suggests Manly were lacking in certain areas or behind in other areas of play.

Manly did better than i expected and should of won but didn't--- time to plan ahead and move on.

On the subject of tipping against your own team, is it cheating on your team if you watch the other NRL matches before and after your team has played? The reason I'm asking is because yesterday- only because I was happy to have the NRL back for season 2014- fresh games- I watched the Rooster's and Rabbitoh's game and Friday's game the Bulldog's and Bronco's; I'm revving up for Manly's first game tomorrow night. Well tonight. It's after midnight now. :huh:

stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
is it cheating on your team if you watch the other NRL matches before and after your team has played?
No that is permissible. You can even (quietly) cheer for one of them if you particularly dislike their opponent. I was pleased to see Chooks and Dogs lose.
;)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
is it cheating on your team if you watch the other NRL matches before and after your team has played?
No that is permissible. You can even (quietly) cheer for one of them if you particularly dislike their opponent. I was pleased to see Chooks and Dogs lose.
;)
"What brings men together is not the sharing of bread, but the sharing of Enemies"
Cormac McCarthy-Blood Meridian.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4