2013 Best ever recruitment??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Theres been bigger names with huge price tags to come & join the Seaeagles but I think the 2013 signings are proving spot on.
Some will argue I am jumping the gun here after 2 games, but theres no denying the enthusiasm & ability these boys have given the team.
Tbh the best signing is Chee kam & Sao who are yet to crack the NRL but Fa,aso & Horo are added aggression, Lawrence a non stop workhorse & the new guy Symonds looks like a quality player.
What I like about these players are their honest work ethics, with players looking a little tired in 2012 theres no doubt these recruits have given a massive boost of intensity.
This is proven by pride in defence & players like Choc are lifting with 2nd efforts & those 1% plays that have made Storm so hard to beat in recent seasons.
Best recruitment ever?....long way to go but everyone must be excited by the efforts they are putting in so far.

Its only round 2 but I cannot remember so many new faces blending so easily into a side that quickly. And the point is they arnt players with stars other their dressing rooms just good players busting their bums trying and make an impression in their first season at Manly.

Our best signings without really buying a big name.

Also we got these players on the back of TRex going so it was a win win situation.

TWO DOGS said:
The year we recruited Boyd, Brown and Dorahy from Wests was pretty good too.

Three established rep players at the time compared with our newbys the above where superstars and we payed them accordingly.

"Work ethics" are the two words that typify Toovey and the Toovey style of coaching.

Once they win the 2013 Premiership, I will concur.

2008 still wins hands down, as who wanted Hall, L'Estrange, D Williams, Bryant, Ballin and Perry?
The motley crew of a core of NSW Cup Players in 2008 beat an illegally padded Storm 40-0. Now that was recruitment! :)

Crusher deserves the accolades for our core Team of Premiers to this day :angel:

Brenton Lawrence is an absolute beast. Saw him up close yesterday his size and more importantly mobility just blew me away. Cant believe the Titans let him go tbh.

Well said Matt, some great buys and the best bit.....on the back of the She Rex departure!!!

I am just loving the enthusiasm that I am seeing

the mauler said:
Brenton Lawrence is an absolute beast. Saw him up close yesterday his size and more importantly mobility just blew me away. Cant believe the Titans let him go tbh.

Let alone his looks :heart:

Where have the Titans kept Brenton Lawrence the last couple of years. He looks like a fantastic recruit for us this year. Well done to the club for picking up guys like him, Horo, Faaso and Symonds. Our forward depth looks really good at the moment.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

ALinda said:
the mauler said:

Let alone his looks :heart:

Lol, looks like we got the complete package in Brenton.

We already had a top two spine, the finest centre pairing in the league and a handful of rep forwards. All we needed were some fillers who could give us a lift and that is exactly what we have now.

A good coaching structure can turn players from average to above average. Our new guys are all making names for themselves after being moulded by Toovey and his support men.

TWO DOGS said:
The year we recruited Boyd, Brown and Dorahy from Wests was pretty good too.

Exactly. We'll never match the 70's for recruitment - there was no salary cap.

In '71 we got Graeme Eadie, Mal Reilly & Ken Irvine. Only Eadie was an unknown.

In '72 we got John O'Neill and Ray Branighan.

The hatred of Manly started right then - from unbridled jealousy.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8