2011 DCE 2018 DCE 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Am I right In saying that Des chose Hodkinson over DCE that season?

Hodko signs elsewhere and DCE gets his crack.

Was Des that great of a judge of players????

Was DCE not ready that year??

Would Hodko been a better player than DCE without those injuries and by being at a better club.

Maybe Hastings will do a DCE and prove he’s meant to be a starting first grade player.

I remember DCE played in the QLD cup that year and represented QLD in the residents game and had a blinder out at Homebush.

I still think that in a spine with DCE, Api and Tom, Jackson Hastings could very well shine in 2018.

Compare them to who he had to work with when he was pitchforked into the job at the Chooks's with Pearce's suspension in 2016. Other than Jake Friend, there was basically Latrell Mitchell at FB when he was a rookie, and his 5/8 partners swapped between rookies Ryan Matterson and Jayden Nikorima for the most part as well as 2nd rower Aiden Guerra for a couple of games.

That's like trying to soar with eagles while working with chickens.

Last edited:
I've watched a fair few games from the 2011 season recently. Such a brilliant side and a dominating forward pack. DCE was pretty good but he was along for the ride a bit. Hurts to say it but Foran was amazing.
Yeah ov still got those games and fpran was in the 1st half of the year the better half.. but towards the end of the year and in the finals dce was much better. Remember the cowboys game in the finals ? Even in the gf that pass for snake was sublime. Ah cherry he had it all a great dummy best tactical kicker in the game he ran hard and had a killer cut out pass. In saying that he had sir jamie snake and gifty lol best right side attack in the comp.. the good old days.. i still remember foran running over sandow lol twice haha

I've watched a fair few games from the 2011 season recently. Such a brilliant side and a dominating forward pack. DCE was pretty good but he was along for the ride a bit. Hurts to say it but Foran was amazing.
It was killers side no doubt. But chez learned from a real leader. I want to see DCE in the 6 next year and son of Hastings in the 7

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Foran had a good year , but he couldn't have done it without Dce . A young bloke with a level head .

I still think that in a spine with DCE, Api and Tom, Jackson Hastings could very well shine in 2018.

Compare them to who he had to work with when he was pitchforked into the job at the Chooks's with Pearce's suspension in 2016. Other than Jake Friend, there was basically Latrell Mitchell at FB when he was a rookie. And his 5/8 partners swapped between rookies Ryan Matterson and Jayden Nikorima for the most part as well as 2nd rower Aiden Guerra for a couple of games.

That could prove a handy spine mate . Im a Hastings fan and think he will be the suprise packet . A burning desire to succeed .

Compare them to who he had to work with when he was pitchforked into the job at the Chooks's with Pearce's suspension in 2016. Other than Jake Friend, there was basically Latrell Mitchell at FB when he was a rookie. And his 5/8 partners swapped between rookies Ryan Matterson and Jayden Nikorima for the most part as well as 2nd rower Aiden Guerra for a couple of games.

Definately, risky option nethertheless, but definately

Relatively injury free , i thought that D C E had a particularly good season in 2017 with his all round game and of course a match winner on a number of occasions . He was good enough to play i st grade at the end of 2010 with the Sunny Coast and was at least as good as Hodko at that time . Bit of a second year syndrome ordinary season at times in 2012 but has been pretty good since . Crusher Cleal can take credit in discovering him for Manly . Who best to complement him this year ? someone already in the club or to be still recruited ? I don't really care as long as some one can step up to the plate .

Cherry played in an amazing side in 11'. But it was Foz pulling all the strings. I thought Chez was very good this year, gotta keep him injury free though. Seemed hampered at the backend of this season.

Am I right In saying that Des chose Hodkinson over DCE that season?

Hodko signs elsewhere and DCE gets his crack.

Was Des that great of a judge of players????

Was DCE not ready that year??

Would Hodko been a better player than DCE without those injuries and by being at a better club.

Maybe Hastings will do a DCE and prove he’s meant to be a starting first grade player.

I remember DCE played in the QLD cup that year and represented QLD in the residents game and had a blinder out at Homebush.
From what i can remember, dce was always going to be the guy... But he needed to play atleast a year in qld cup to get used to playing against men..
As far as i remember, hokko was always planned to be the stop gap solution between orford and dce, hence why we didnt even consider matching dogs offer.. which if i remember correctly, was only about 350-380k or something.. Dce and foran in the halves was always the plan

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8